IGNORED

General Current Events/Political Discussion

MrWunderful

8 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

So why again is it racist? That's what I'm trying to figure out. 

Also 1700 people seems like a rather small number, there were more Cheetahman II's released than that!

Read the article, they specifically say why the high school seniors “think” its racist. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrWunderful said:

Everyone knows you didnt say that man. I was using Hyperbole.  The idea of a “slippery slope” (but where does it stop though?) is a logical fallacy, and Im having fun with it because you come on so strong. 

Yeah, why would it not be? 

YOU are the one raging against SJWs constantly. There is not a single “SJW” , participating in this discussion, who wants to cancel shit over minor things. All the SJWing/ manufactured outrage is being performed by yourself, and a small group of others. 

People who want to discuss race relations and believe Black lives matter =\= people wanting to cancel trader joe for calling something “Trader Ming”

They know now. I don't appreciate the misrepresentation of what I said and the tit for tat mocking from a mod after another mod told us all to knock it off. I'm trying to play by the rules but when a mod disregards them, it's hard to bite my tongue. 

It was a question to see where people's minds are at. 

So much to unpack here.

All Christians aren't anti lgbtq (but some are, heck, some make posters that say God hates fags and show up at funerals).

All policemen aren't racists (but some are, hell, some of them kill black and/or white people for no good reason).

All Muslims aren't terrorists while we're at it (but some of them are).

All black people aren't criminals (but some of them are, in fact, sub in all people of any color and the statement stands).

It's troubling when we can vilify or lionize and entire group, there are shades of gray everywhere and in every one.  The total lack of any attempt of understanding and complete contentiousness toward any and all dissenting opinions, that's the part that sucks.

For what it's worth, Bojangles is hands down my favorite chicken place.

Oh, one more.  All people that fly the Confederate flag in 2020 are racist (actually, I'm pretty sure that's the one that bucks the trend of shades of gray... I'll see myself out, feel free to return to your bickering). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, the tall guy said:

So much to unpack here.

All Christians aren't anti lgbtq (but some are, heck, some make posters that say God hates fags and show up at funerals).

All policemen aren't racists (but some are, hell, some of them kill black and/or white people for no good reason).

All Muslims aren't terrorists while we're at it (but some of them are).

All black people aren't criminals (but some of them are, in fact, sub in all people of any color and the statement stands).

It's troubling when we can vilify or lionize and entire group, there are shades of gray everywhere and in every one.  The total lack of any attempt of understanding and complete contentiousness toward any and all dissenting opinions, that's the part that sucks.

For what it's worth, Bojangles is hands down my favorite chicken place.

Oh, one more.  All people that fly the Confederate flag in 2020 are racist (actually, I'm pretty sure that's the one that bucks the trend of shades of gray... I'll see myself out, feel free to return to your bickering). 

Couldn't have said it better myself, or at all really. If I made this exact post, it'd get ripped to shreds simply because I wrote it. Your post is critical. We as a society need to stop generalizing all these groups. It's extremely dangerous to do so.

5 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Except when protesting being mistreated.

I think that would make me look even more submissive TBH...when you stand up for what you believe in, you do just that, you stand up tall and proud for it!  You raise that sign up as high as it'll go and make it in all bright neon colors or something so nobody misses it!  Of course just because you can show whatever you want on a sign doesn't mean you should.  Observe (yes I know he'd being forced to do this but I just had to use this):

Samuel L Jackson (if he was in Coach Carter mode): Well, Mr. McCain, what you should know is that WE treat ourselves with respect.  We don't use the word "n" around here.

8 minutes ago, the tall guy said:

There's are few shades of grey.

Museums that focus on the Civil War, American History, The Confederacy, or if outside the U.S. then just civil uprising itself....and Dukes of Hazzard fans garages.

5 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

There's are few shades of grey.

Museums that focus on the Civil War, American History, The Confederacy, or if outside the U.S. then just civil uprising itself....and Dukes of Hazzard fans garages.

You're not gonna believe this but when I first heard the book title "Fifty Shades of Grey" I thought it must be a Civil War novel about Confederate soldiers!  Like say, a platoon of 50 and their individual experiences during the War Between the States (it used to also be called that, even by World Book once upon a time but I think that's very seldom used now).

Not to mention:

On the last one, for the love of God please don't change your name to "The Railroad" or something...that sounds even lamer than Night Court in its fifth season 😛 

Edited by Estil

12 minutes ago, Rhino said:

Couldn't have said it better myself, or at all really. If I made this exact post, it'd get ripped to shreds simply because I wrote it. Your post is critical. We as a society need to stop generalizing all these groups. It's extremely dangerous to do so.

Not nearly as dangerous as this notion that generalizing some groups is a grave mortal sin but doing so to other groups is not nearly that big a deal.  I feel especially bad for the latter.as unlike the former, they don't have hardly anyone to stick up for them or to advocate for them for whatever...even though it's quite likely they need it just as much if not more so.

To borrow that popular though very flawed burning house analogy, this is like a house that's burning (especially with people and kitties still trapped inside) and nobody even notices it.

• Like 2

Events Team · Posted
30 minutes ago, Rhino said:
32 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:
33 minutes ago, Rhino said:
1 hour ago, JamesRobot said:
33 minutes ago, Rhino said:

No one cares that you're a SJW.

I'm totally disinterested but I don't think anyone believes you.  You do rail pretty hard on tha SJWs. 

You lost the game. There was 1 rule! 1!

What are you even talking about?  

It's from the don't @ me thread. He broke the rule.

Didn't break no rules.  Ain't no @s here.  Just an out of context quote train like the good ol days!  

🎵 Going off the rails on a crazy train! 🎶

Edited by JamesRobot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JamesRobot said:

Didn't break no rules.  Ain't no @s here.  Just an out of context quote train like the good ol days!  

How about at least an unwritten rule or something about too many quotes with quotes within quotes?  That can get pretty hard to read! 😄 

3 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

*Yawn*

the SJWs will never stop, not until every 6 yr old hates the flag, and all the puppies have been forced to get sex changes at a planned parenthood (there will be one on every corner soon)

Ha!  PP would want to abort those poor little puppies. 😞  I didn't know PP was even involved in sex changes....

• The title was changed to General Current Events/Political Discussion (Puppy PP?)
3 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

Man I miss the Antebellum south. 

Oh yeah did you hear about how the country group/band Lady Antebellum changed their name to Lady A because they wanted to wanted to look so great and "woke" and non-racist and all that?  Until they found out there was already a Lady A....and I love how the Lady A is calling out the "other" Lady A on changing their name without her permission just because they were trying to jump on the BLM bandwagon! 😄

https://www.rollingstone.com/pro/news/lady-antebellum-lady-a-country-blues-1013919/

Edited by Estil
  • Haha 1

Events Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, Estil said:
5 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:
35 minutes ago, Rhino said:
37 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:
39 minutes ago, Rhino said:
1 hour ago, JamesRobot said:
3 hours ago, Rhino said:

No one cares that you're a SJW. 

I'm totally disinterested but I don't think anyone believes you.  You do rail pretty hard on tha SJWs. 

You lost the game. There was 1 rule! 1!

What are you even talking about?  

It's from the don't @ me thread. He broke the rule.

🎵 Going off the rails on a crazy train! 🎶

How about at least an unwritten rule or something about too many quotes with quotes within quotes?  That can get pretty hard to read! 😄 

I'm from the ol skool where we ride tha quote train hard as a motherfucker.  And I'm apparently a rule breaker.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Estil said:

Oh yeah did you hear about how the country group/band Lady Antebellum changed their name to Lady A because wanted to look so great and non-racist and all that?  Until they found out there was already a Lady A....and I love how the Lady A is calling out the "other" Lady A on changing their name without her permission just because they were trying to jump on the BLM bandwagon! 😄

https://www.rollingstone.com/pro/news/lady-antebellum-lady-a-country-blues-1013919/

People coming to the realization that some other people might find things  About what they are/do/act/say To have racial connotations, and reacting positively And proactively is Actually addressing systemic racism.  I see the name change as a positive, but I understand a significant amount of people are taught from birth change=bad 

Or you can write it off as “jumping on the BLM bandwagon” because anything BLM is evil amirite?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JamesRobot said:

I'm from the ol skool where we ride tha quote train hard as a motherfucker.  And I'm apparently a rule breaker.

As Crocodile Dundee would say: *heh* That's not an ol skool song about riding a train.  THESE are ol skool songs about riding trains! 😄 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Rhino said:

They know now. I don't appreciate the misrepresentation of what I said and the tit for tat mocking from a mod after another mod told us all to knock it off. I'm trying to play by the rules but when a mod disregards them, it's hard to bite my tongue. 

It was a question to see where people's minds are at. 

What if I told you I disagreed with him? And its the internet, lighten up. 

You said BLM is a sham and then took offense to me posting smiley faces. Get over it. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Well then you have way too many reads to make any money!

That would be kinda hard with the explosion of TV poker and such the past decade or two...I mean how can you complete against those guys/chicks?  Though at least in Vegas poker it's the same game and you go to the game you're most familiar with.  I don't know about causal get together with your buddies poker night kind of poker...isn't it usually dealer's choice which game gets played?  I'm not likely to even know half the games/variations/keeping up with the weird wild card rules or whatever....while it is true you can sit out the hand, you'll still look like an idiot in front of everyone. 😞  As if me being the only one in the group drinking Diet Pepsis while all the others are drinking brewskies wouldn't make me look lame enough. 😞 

Guess I better just stick with Dragon Quest gambling...

Edited by Estil