IGNORED

Analogue Update: Duo ($250; Ships 2023) and Pocket ($200; Ships 2023) Available for Preorder

DoctorEncore

51 minutes ago, Californication said:

Limited is subjective. They have already soly a few thousand.

True, but the Nt and Nt mini were always hard to get. I remember the shortages the last time they sold both. I can't see them doing a huge order for what they are calling one last hurrah. Especially with NES collecting cooling off since the hey day.

Glad people are getting another shot, though.

Homebrew Team · Posted
1 minute ago, Tulpa said:

I just love that he threw in some of these clearly for the hell of it.

Hahaha.  It seems like it.

My understanding is that Kevtris had been preparing FPGA cores for years and years before he teamed up with Analogue.  He had plans to make an all and one system, Zimba 3000 on his own.

After Hi-DEF NES, and then Analogue incorporating the Hi-DEF NES into the regular NT, Analogue team with him for the NT mini.  He just moved what he had to the NT mini jailbreak.

I don't think the Zimba 3000 is dead, but no news on it.

1 hour ago, Tulpa said:

True, but the Nt and Nt mini were always hard to get. I remember the shortages the last time they sold both. I can't see them doing a huge order for what they are calling one last hurrah. Especially with NES collecting cooling off since the hey day.

Glad people are getting another shot, though.

They don't have to take the risk of taking a loss due to over manufacturing because they gave themselves atleast 4-5 months time to manufacture. If someone puts an order in and they haven't hit capacity they can accept the order.

For me the question is what is their capacity. 

11 minutes ago, Californication said:

They don't have to take the risk of taking a loss due to over manufacturing because they gave themselves atleast 4-5 months time to manufacture. If someone puts an order in and they haven't hit capacity they can accept the order.

For me the question is what is their capacity. 

Why do you care so much about their capacity, and how many they've manufactured? Why don't you just get one if you want one instead of speculate? 🙂

Edit: See you've already pre-ordered one. Just curious as to why you're hung up on with how many consoles each person are buying and the like.

Edited by ifightdragons

Homebrew Team · Posted
43 minutes ago, ifightdragons said:

Just curious as to why you're hung up on with how many consoles each person are buying and the like.

I know this wasn't directed at me nor do I care how much is produced. 

However I can speculate as to why people may care.  Increased supply does decrease value of resale either downline or immediately.  If, so many are produced and resellers flood the market, you may see sales less than initial cost.

Personally, buy it if you want to play games.  Don't buy with the reselling in mind.  It would be nice to know that the value is retained, but it is so hard to predict that.  If I had known the future, I may have bought 2 nt minisduring the second run.  So many people complained about the $500 price at the time and it took so long to sell out of that run, how would I have know it would turn in to a 3-4 times value for a period of time in the secondary market.  And the same is true now, can't predict if it will be more, less, or even value with the final run.  

Look at what happened with NES classic and SNES classic.  Similar emulator miniture systems had little resell value in the past.  Limited amount was made of the NES and the resell market was crazy.  People thought the same would happen with the SNES classic.  They bought it like mad. It was not the same.

TL;DR: Objects are so hard to predict resell value.  Buy things for enjoyment.  401Ks and stocks are for resell and speculation.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ifightdragons said:

Why do you care so much about their capacity, and how many they've manufactured? Why don't you just get one if you want one instead of speculate? 🙂

Edit: See you've already pre-ordered one. Just curious as to why you're hung up on with how many consoles each person are buying and the like.

I bought one immediately because I have been waiting to get off my rf switch for a while now. I love the look and feel ofbthe rf, but it's not convenient.

I told my gf she could probably make money on one if she sells it. So ya, I am wondering if I gave her good advice. She doesn't need the money, so I guess she could sit on it for a few years since the long run should go up no matter what happens in the short run.

10 minutes ago, CMR said:

Analogue played with my feelings for too long.  I've already moved on to someone else.

spacer.png

I'll jump on the Mister in a few years when it gets properly consolized, more user friendly, has a nice UI and is out of the constant update loop.

This is not a criticism, I like the Mister project a lot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ErickRPG said:

I just updated my mega SG firmware and now my 8bitdo m30 button presses aren't registering. I can't get it to select up and down on the menu.  What button do I hold down to re-establish a link?

I'm not exactly sure what's causing the problem, but you can find the manual here: https://download.8bitdo.com/Manual/Controller/M30/M30_Manual.pdf

16 hours ago, ifightdragons said:

I'll jump on the Mister in a few years when it gets properly consolized, more user friendly, has a nice UI and is out of the constant update loop.

This is not a criticism, I like the Mister project a lot.

I've heard that the UI is a very low priority.  It isn't attractive but works perfectly fine.  Also the official case looks really good.

I hear you on updates and user friendly aspects.  Thankfully the update script automates the process. Not much can be done currently for the ini file edits that are needed for scaling etc.

It's a really cool project but definitely for tinkerers. Once I did the initial setup and a few tweaks it's been plug and play thankfully.

Edited by zeppelin03
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

I'm not exactly sure what's causing the problem, but you can find the manual here: https://download.8bitdo.com/Manual/Controller/M30/M30_Manual.pdf

Thanks Doc!  Maybe I messed it up by plugging into a non charging USB cable.  Any way I ordered another one on Amazon but I'll try to work through it with my old one til my new one comes in.  I made sure to order extra actual charging cables with it.

If you guys go to the Super NT store there are a couple slightly new looks for the US and EUR SN30s.  And they are pre-orders.  I feel pretty good new US and EUR Super NT's will be available this summer.  Which is awesome because I have a black.  Before this the SN30s were sold out and I had to pay $46 for a black controller.

https://www.analogue.co/store/#super-nt

5 minutes ago, ErickRPG said:

If you guys go to the Super NT store there are a couple slightly new looks for the US and EUR SN30s.  And they are pre-orders.  I feel pretty good new US and EUR Super NT's will be available this summer.  Which is awesome because I have a black.  Before this the SN30s were sold out and I had to pay $46 for a black controller.

https://www.analogue.co/store/#super-nt

I think the new ones are 2.4Ghz instead of Bluetooth and that's the only real difference. This should reduce lag although they claim their Bluetooth is lag free. I haven't used them extensively enough to know.

49 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

I think the new ones are 2.4Ghz instead of Bluetooth and that's the only real difference. This should reduce lag although they claim their Bluetooth is lag free. I haven't used them extensively enough to know.

2.4Ghz is the way to go when available.  I use a Bluetooth snes controller and 2.4Ghz Genesis controller with the MISTer.  Also used Xbox one controllers in Bluetooth and 2.4Ghz.  Both scenarios were more reaponsive with the 2.4Ghz.

• Like 1

I'm having an issue with Super NT, jailbreak 6.9.  I am playing 7th Saga on sd card.  And I set it to hybrid scanlines, but it always defaults back to no scanlines.  I go back into the menu and even though it shows hybrid scanlines selected, I have to re select it, and then I notice the screen size shrink a little and then finally the scanlines reapplied.  What could be going on here?  My Mega SG didn't seem to have that issue.

6 hours ago, ErickRPG said:

They do have slightly different colors.  The US one isn't pure light grey if you notice.  Do you guys think this hints at a Super NT restock?  I mean why June?  And why advertise them on analogue's website when only the black is in stock?

Like Zeppelin already said, it's likely just because 8bitdo are releasing their 2.4G controllers in June. You should be happy with your black console.

On 3/1/2020 at 5:58 PM, zeppelin03 said:

2.4Ghz is the way to go when available.  I use a Bluetooth snes controller and 2.4Ghz Genesis controller with the MISTer.  Also used Xbox one controllers in Bluetooth and 2.4Ghz.  Both scenarios were more reaponsive with the 2.4Ghz.

If there is a difference it's probably really hard to tell.  But I can say having the 2.4 m3 genesis and the bluetooth sn30.  When I play genesis games it feels even nicer.  Now that could be that I just dig the graphics and sounds of genesis better.  Or perhaps there is even a more impressive lack of lag on the 2.4 when I play Mega SG.  I'll def be getting a 2.4 snes controller in June.

Homebrew Team · Posted
15 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

And it's gone... Lasted about a week so I'd stick with my initial 5-10k estimate. It would probably gain some decent value on the secondhand market.

In the Classic Gaming discord, they were keeping track of amount sold by order numbers.  The last time i looked, the numbers were above 3,000 for the final run and that was a few days ago.  So I would say, Analogue sold 5,000 units for this run.  No way to know which orders were for 1 unit or for more than 1 unit though.