IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

A few tough ones this week. Shout out to @jonebone for The Simpsons and Super Spy Hunter.

IMG_20200222_151755__01.thumb.jpg.f99ec5a160286849f48130cd95ab8793.jpg

I love the fact that the Super appears upside down on the side of the box. This is something I had never noticed before. It's consistent with the opposite side of the box so it may have been on purpose, but it looks ridiculous.

IMG_20200222_152509.thumb.jpg.ea5c1e38754c94b364053ea8e756bb8f.jpg

And a few new games I've heard great things about, but never played. I'm most excited for Vanquish, but the others look great too.

IMG_20200222_152605.thumb.jpg.8effa5906cd5e4b8ac10712bfa49f2a1.jpg

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, m308gunner said:

Gotta love that Phalanx art. I remember seeing it in the store when it came out and immediately going for Final Fantasy 2 instead 😛

Ya, it's dope. 

And when I put the difficulty at the higest setting the game was really fun. I think I might like it more than Axelay.

• Like 1

Anyone need a laugh? 🙂

I found one awesomely trashy piece of low tier handheld history right here and just over the river here for just $13 which surprised me as the shop mismarked it, even the owner said as much (or it likely sat that long as it was covered in dust.)  Behold, the Tiger R-Zone XPG in all it's Tigery imitation pleathery like wannabe virtual boy goodness.  It came with the Star Wars Jedi Academy game which is surprisingly not that terrible.

I'd like to get more of those dumb little projector drop in carts it has.

tigerxpg.jpg

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Anyone need a laugh? 🙂

I found one awesomely trashy piece of low tier handheld history right here and just over the river here for just $13 which surprised me as the shop mismarked it, even the owner said as much (or it likely sat that long as it was covered in dust.)  Behold, the Tiger R-Zone XPG in all it's Tigery imitation pleathery like wannabe virtual boy goodness.  It came with the Star Wars Jedi Academy game which is surprisingly not that terrible.

I'd like to get more of those dumb little projector drop in carts it has.

tigerxpg.jpg

This is a new one for me. How many games were made for it?

I had the original R-Zone, the one that goes over your eye. It sucked. 

I had a penchant for picking up Tiger consoles because I also had the original Game.com, which also sucked. Somehow I didn't understand that just because Tiger made neat little LCD games, that didn't mean they were capable of making a decent console. 

Editorials Team · Posted
4 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

This is a new one for me. How many games were made for it?

There was a discussion about R-Zone games a long time ago on PlanetVB.com, so the game list they came up with is probably the most complete we'll find anywhere on the internet.  Here's the list, I'm fairly certain we can ignore the unconfirmed titles at the bottom:

Apollo 13
Area 51
Batman & Robin
Batman Forever
Battle Arena Toshinden
Daytona USA
Football (EU only)
Independence Day
Indy 500
Judge Dredd
Jurassic Park: The Lost World
Mask of Zorro (EU only)
Men in Black
Mortal Kombat 3
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
Nights into Dreams
Panzer Dragoon
Primal Rage
Road Rash 3
Star Wars: Imperial Assault
Star Wars: Jedi Adventure
Star Wars: Millennium Falcon Challenge
Star Wars: Rebel Forces
Virtua Cop
Virtua Fighter
Virtua Fighter 2
VR Troopers
NASCAR Racing [unconfirmed]
Road Rash [unconfirmed]
Star Trek [unconfirmed]
Waterworld [unconfirmed]
  • Like 2
  • Wow! 1

2 hours ago, Splain said:

There was a discussion about R-Zone games a long time ago on PlanetVB.com, so the game list they came up with is probably the most complete we'll find anywhere on the internet.  Here's the list, I'm fairly certain we can ignore the unconfirmed titles at the bottom:

Apollo 13
Area 51
Batman & Robin
Batman Forever
Battle Arena Toshinden
Daytona USA
Football (EU only)
Independence Day
Indy 500
Judge Dredd
Mask of Zorro (EU only)
Men in Black
Mortal Kombat 3
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
Nights into Dreams
Panzer Dragoon
Primal Rage
Road Rash 3
Virtua Cop
Virtua Fighter
Virtua Fighter 2
VR Troopers
Road Rash [unconfirmed]
Star Trek [unconfirmed]
Waterworld [unconfirmed]

Now I'm even more confused because that's actually a really solid list based on the titles alone. A forgotten masterpiece 🤫

Editorials Team · Posted
44 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

What you are missing is that every one of these games sucks

Yeah the name doesn't matter. It can go ahead and be a Road Rash game or whatever, but it's still going to be a huge pain to play. Your opponent is either right next to you, 50 feet ahead of you, or they don't exist at all. It was the same with the Game.com, even if there's a name you recognize, it only means the Tiger devs made a game using the license. Sega didn't make Sonic for Game.com, they just sold the license. Those devs, as we all know, were not good at making GOOD games, they were good at making LOTS of games.

12 hours ago, Splain said:

Apollo 13
Area 51
Batman & Robin
Batman Forever
Battle Arena Toshinden
Daytona USA
Football (EU only)
Independence Day
Indy 500
Judge Dredd
Mask of Zorro (EU only)
Men in Black
Mortal Kombat 3
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
Nights into Dreams
Panzer Dragoon
Primal Rage
Road Rash 3
Virtua Cop
Virtua Fighter
Virtua Fighter 2
VR Troopers
Road Rash [unconfirmed]
Star Trek [unconfirmed]
Waterworld [unconfirmed]

Niiiiice I missed that as I'm a member over there too.  I wouldn't touch some of those, but the other Star Wars, virtua cop, maybe MKT, Nights, Panzer Dragoon, JP, ID4, Daytona, BAT, Area 51, and maybe a few more if I can learn more would be nice.

At what point is no longer a “Sega kick?”

I’m really excited about these two pick ups. 3 Ninjas is a little harder to find than the rest of my Genesis collection and the price for it CIB was more than right, so I picked it up. I don’t have high hopes for the game itself but maybe I’ll be surprised.

Psychic World on the other hand is a really fun platformer I played on my Game Gear before I decided that I didn’t like the Game Gear and sold it off. I said to myself “I really liked Psychic World though, so I need to grab it on SMS when I can.” Then my lazy ass watched it jump from a $30 CIB game that you could usually count on one or two being on eBay to a game that was getting harder and pricier to find CIB. Dude in the UK had a copy, offered me a discount, and here it is. The package came from the UK faster than some US purchases I’ve made.

D9E86908-0943-4374-A200-2F787FDF51EA.jpeg

Edited by The Strangest
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1