IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

1 hour ago, ViKiNg said:

I need Mousecapade too! 👍

The print runs on the No Promo versions of the Capcom games seem crazy low. I know of a couple other copies of this out there for sale, but the prices were way too high for my liking. Ended up getting this one in an eBay auction as the only bidder. It's also a bit tough to find the corresponding -1 manual, but hopefully it will be included if you find a copy. I'll let you know if I see another copy.

• Thanks 1

New stuff from the past couple weeks, not including Pokémon Typing Adventure. Most everything is CIB, the few sealed games I plan to open. 25E3BEF2-9580-4501-B6F7-0997806C78B0.thumb.jpeg.8cbeac1dc08ffdcd9b66d1e614d09fd8.jpeg

Debating whether to pick up the Best Buy Celeste for a hat trick... it is a hidden gem after all.

The first 7 SRG games were a bundle deal on Mercari, paid $350 before tax. I already had Flame in the Flood and Mutant Mudds so will be looking to sell my dupes. 

Peggle brings me a little closer to a complete Popcap set for DS with slipcovers on all of them... need two more titles I think.

The two 3DS games were $2 each at GameStop, nothing special, I just like puzzle games 🙂

• Like 5
  • Wow! 1

19 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

The print runs on the No Promo versions of the Capcom games seem crazy low. I know of a couple other copies of this out there for sale, but the prices were way too high for my liking. Ended up getting this one in an eBay auction as the only bidder. It's also a bit tough to find the corresponding -1 manual, but hopefully it will be included if you find a copy. I'll let you know if I see another copy.

Is there are "no promo" versions for all Capcom games? Like Duck Tales?

Over the weekend I got a tipoff going into a locally own comic/card/toy type shop that gets very little in gaming in the store.  I saw a couple lame licensed GBC games on the shelf asked if they ever got stuff in.  For fun I decided to ask if they carried other stuff really, and was told only when it come sin, but they did have a Gameboy in back but the screen was messed up and said if I wanted it to talk to the owner.  So yesterday I went in and asked the guy and he didn't remember at first, then goes back instantly finds it, comments he's had it 2 years intending to do something with it.  He walks out with an original one complete in the box, even the warranty and NP paper packets are unused.  With the screen out he was like shoot an offer and I was like I'd be comfy like around 10-20 as I'd have to try and repair or replace the screen and he let me have it for $20.

Last night I tried over an hour or so to repair it, found that the ribbon/chip combo were toast so I scavenged my old spare DMG for the front PCB/LCD combo and brought it back.  When it was open the screen lens fell apart, clean on the outside, but pitted and scuffed on the inside as the glue rotted so I had a spare glass one and popped it on there.  It's now my play thing and I've got 2 boxes on display.  My donor is getting modded when the parts arrive with a very modern update. 😄

Gameboy-DMG-01-1989.JPG

• Like 5
  • Wow! 3

49 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Nice! I don’t think I’ve ever seen one with all the inserts intact like that. Makes me realize my DMG is missing a bunch!

Mentally my eyes popped out when I saw the box.  When I heard the low comment of the stored old broken GB I figured it was beat up, a project with a new shell, lens, speaker, etc, the works.  Then that appears.  I found it fun last night looking at the box differences between the years as the other is a DMG-03 box with papers ranging from 03 to 06 on that.  This one is all original 01 stuff, and I wouldn't be surprised if that Tetris was the early release with the difference in music.

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

Mentally my eyes popped out when I saw the box.  When I heard the low comment of the stored old broken GB I figured it was beat up, a project with a new shell, lens, speaker, etc, the works.  Then that appears.  I found it fun last night looking at the box differences between the years as the other is a DMG-03 box with papers ranging from 03 to 06 on that.  This one is all original 01 stuff, and I wouldn't be surprised if that Tetris was the early release with the difference in music.

Yes that is the first print since it doesn't have made in Japan on the left side. Nice find! 

• Thanks 1
  • Wow! 1

23 hours ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

Yes that is the first print since it doesn't have made in Japan on the left side. Nice find! 

Thanks for confirming that. I have to admit I'm even happier now.  Keeping it short I got the GB for 1989 Christmas, held onto it for a long time, but unlike consoles I did swap out system revisions, Pocket, Color, etc.  I've wanted to get back the truly original stuff I lost, this most definitely is it.  I feel even better now knowing this is what I directly had and that I'm now (with glass lens installed) using as my playable GB at my desk.  I'll keep the other somewhat newer one on display in the box and I'll swap the Tetris games out and shelve the other back with that system(box.)  To me, it's the right thing to do.