IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

21 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Yeah very nice DQ9, it's the game that got me to try having some DS stuff again finding it last year down the street at a garage sale of all things, and I got the guide too which is a huge help I found a bit later.  Very nice stuff though I don't reall recognize those 2 Switch games the art looks interesting.  I bet that Wii game could either be fun or frustrating so I really do need to see what's on there.  That said, love to find DQ4 DS again sometime, still my favorite.

Feeling like I should explain myself then! DQ9 and Ultimate Shooting Collection were via @Richard Kimmel, been wanting those for my collection for a while. Ultimate Shooting Collection is a compilation of 3 shmups: Chaos Field (the one that was on GameCube), Radio Allergy and Karous. None of these are Ikaruga-tier but who cares. 

The Play-Asia titles are Gigantic Army (a run-n-gun style game with mechs) and Ninja JajaMaru collection (which has a new game in this series as well as ports of the previous entries). I think this is the first Ninja JajaMaru game to be localized in English in physical form (some of these games have appeared on virtual console before). 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Crazy Climber said:

Got a new TV, it's a big one too...a Zenith system 3 from the late 70's. Man, when you change the channels it sounds like a grenade just exploded, I miss that sound 🙂  I forgot how much suck is contained in the NES Cabal cartridge...such fond memories of the arcade version though I had to try it again, meh....pass...

Nothing more visceral than changing the channel and feeling it in your chest :P. Change the channels rapidly and piss off every grown up in ear shot!

6 hours ago, Galdius said:

Well, I got something that I wanted for a long time: a MVS arcade cabinet.
This one is also ready to play CPS2 games.

Welcome to the club.  Are you planning on changing anything with it to make it more stock or leaving it be?  It looks like a normal cabinet, but someone swapped out the CPO area with a street fighter style layout and just a black top instead of the candy cane stripes stripes it's known for.  Either it was refreshed or (like my 2 slot) the previous owner kept amazing care of it.

11 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Welcome to the club.  Are you planning on changing anything with it to make it more stock or leaving it be?  It looks like a normal cabinet, but someone swapped out the CPO area with a street fighter style layout and just a black top instead of the candy cane stripes stripes it's known for.  Either it was refreshed or (like my 2 slot) the previous owner kept amazing care of it.

I will probably put a sticker with the candy cane stripes and I also want to change the buttons for better ones.

The owner took amazing care of it. It's in amazing condition considering how old it is.
It could be better, of course, but it's amazing.

2 hours ago, Galdius said:

I will probably put a sticker with the candy cane stripes and I also want to change the buttons for better ones.

The owner took amazing care of it. It's in amazing condition considering how old it is.
It could be better, of course, but it's amazing.

Sounds good, but I'd be wary of stickers.  I wish I had the link, but I do know there are people who make repop or still sell original CPO for the big red you have there.  The repop though can be aligned to have added buttons such as yours because in the end the NG is just a lightly off spec JAMMA setup, so if you did a little tweaking internally you could effectively stuff popular fighters like the SF2 franchise in that setup and it would be of use then.  IF you choose though to go stock neo geo, you'd need to replace the entire plate, or just get a CPO that's got the cuts for your 4 buttons and leave the other two just covered up so the holes aren't seen.  I would not go with a sticker, the repop thing is the similar style riveted down piece of plastic so it lasts and take the beating hands make on those things as stickers rapidly fade and rub off.

The site is dead, but it can pop up from using the web archive, HARD MVS had some great stuff to look into which was at:http://www.hardmvs.com/index.htm

Also to get a good taste of the system, get the cheapo 161in1, see the list here:https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/MVS_Multicart  THough if you do, see about sourcing a couple caps to fix the audio problem, I need to do it on mine, but that one cart, dupes aside, gets you most of the MVS library.

If you ever buy games, use this to verify legit boards: https://www.mvs-scans.com/index.php/Main_Page

This won't fit you without a new drilling for the buttons, but this is what I'm talking about for a new CPO, it's cheap.  https://www.arcadeoverlays.com/neo-geo-mvs-control-panel-overlay/

If you need more help, two pieces of advice.  Facebook Neo Geo For Life 100% excellent source for help, tips, parts, games, whatever.  100% avoid neo-geo forums as they're as awful and vile as the stories you can find online say so unless you are a masochist into being abused and enjoy it, just don't.

• Like 1

@Tanookimy biggest problem is finding those things here in Brazil. 
As for the games, luckily we have a lot of available games here since the MVS was really popular so finding original games isn't hard but it's always good to know how to verify them.

And my lastest pickup is a sealed Ghostbusters 2 for the Phantom System (NES clone made by Gradiente in Brazil).
i don't think this one is very rare since I found a few available on Mercado Livre. It's probably an old stock found somewhere.

liog4MAl.jpg BpSY1ANl.jpg

• Like 4

Guests · Posted

Some more variants to round off my Shantae collection:

Sh1.thumb.jpg.7a1a0bf54bb8b1e37dcf1c6cdeaa8bb0.jpg

And a fun find, a CIB Bandit Kings of Ancient China with most of the original plastic wrap still on it:

BK.thumb.jpg.fb151e18675e5f339f191820b40c77d2.jpg

Edited by Keewenaw_Lines
Spelling

Biggest surprise - Super Nova is a top 5 SNES shoot-em-up for me. The enemy patterns, music, difficulty, the weapons seem diverse and solid, and you really have to earn them. 

Biggest dissapointment - Battle Princess Madelyn. Tbh I turned it off after about 10 min. the music was so annoying I couldn't really play the game. Also when you die it restarts you in the same place with I think unlimited lives.

20200313_192225~2.jpg

20200309_145243~2.jpg

20200313_192229~2.jpg

Edited by Californication
  • Like 3

Got a fresh little Black and white TV. I'm out of room so I just modified my arcade 1ups to make more room, was also able to  fit another TV and a RAD little boombox that pays records (yes, it has an actual slide out record player in it!!) Also put up some shelves for all my mario crap 🙂 Busy weekend at the Quarantine arcade...game on bruh 😉

20200315_141054.jpg

20200315_141000.jpg

20200315_210927.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, drxandy said:

It's penny racers in the us for the 64 (some how choro q always gets a friggin name change in the us, on the gamecube it's called road trip)

There is a choro q 2 for 64 we didn't get in the states though.

If I remember correctly, there’s a Choro Q for PS2 that is still named Choro Q.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jfreakofkorn said:

Hmmmmmm . . . . Sounds cool , but i dont have anything to play it on 

You can like bowser said swap the back, or like me if you can find an converter adapter you slide it in the slot and pop the game into that instead.  I've got Sin & Punishment and Bangaioh here so I keep the adapter around.

Recently tracked down both vol1&2 of that book for the set. A whole lost five year mission between the first two trek movies.  Then I got a complete and basically minty PCE Macross 2036 there which I’ve not had since the earlier 2000s.  Good times.  I’ll have more in the coming days or week depends.  

D3119D13-AA94-4A15-841D-C7B733A242BB.jpeg

• Like 3