IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

On 1/9/2020 at 11:45 AM, Tam B said:

My complete Nintendo Power collection. All issues, 1-285, with all posters/inserts intact.

Complete Nintendo Power Collection.jpg

congrats! I've just recently decided to embark on the NP quest. That said, I'm being pretty cheap about it, so I'm treating posters/inserts as bonuses but not being strict about them.

7 hours ago, Nesmaster said:

Waited for a nice box with poster for a while, and then got hammered with $40 USD through the global shipping program. Being a Canadian buyer is a bad time.

82828677_493470674905743_6310275348395196416_n.jpg

Is that Cool World poster a pack-in or an ad that someone placed with it? Does it have a NES code on it?

Also, I just had my first experience selling through the GSP and my buyers were ready to revolt. Needless to say, the fees are not well presented to the buyer.

58 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Is that Cool World poster a pack-in or an ad that someone placed with it? Does it have a NES code on it?

Also, I just had my first experience selling through the GSP and my buyers were ready to revolt. Needless to say, the fees are not well presented to the buyer.

It is a pack-in. I even double checked with the seller that the SNES poster didn't end up in there somehow

s-l1600.jpg

83404593_487500432147991_3488842513391812608_n.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Been focusing on Switch collecting lately, snapping up titles I think I will like when I can find them on sale or used at good prices. A few here came from trades but most I bought on sale or in bundles. This is maybe 2 months of buying. Most are still sealed because I never have time to play. I’m not going for a full set though! 

07231003-8D09-4067-B967-9C698544AC83.jpeg

• Like 5

8 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Been focusing on Switch collecting lately, snapping up titles I think I will like when I can find them on sale or used at good prices. A few here came from trades but most I bought on sale or in bundles. This is maybe 2 months of buying. Most are still sealed because I never have time to play. I’m not going for a full set though! 

07231003-8D09-4067-B967-9C698544AC83.jpeg

you should at least crack those open to get the eShop coins, dude!

• Like 2

I've been slowing down a bit lately as I near the end of my list, but still have a few nice ones to show off now and then. I never knew The Krion Conquest was a Mega Man ripoff until today. It will definitely go on my to-do list. Also, Heavy Barrel is great.

IMG_20200122_122551.jpg

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 6

Went to go pick up some Tomy/Coleco wind up games from a Facebook Marketplace posting yesterday for $5 and was offered the below Coleco Pac-Man mini arcade unit if I wanted it, apparently because I drove roughly 30 minutes (to the next city over) to get there.  I immediately accepted and thanked the guy, who immediately pulled out batteries to let me see that it worked.  I declined his offer, happy to have the unit, working or not, and ended up standing around talking to him in the cold for 30-40 minutes until we both froze up enough to realize we ought to get back in our cars where it was warm.  Happy to report that, so far as my brief testing last night is concerned, it seems to work 100%, although it's (predictably) missing the battery cover and the stickers are in need of some attention (and replacement in at least one case).  Oddly and hilariously, just a day or two ago, a coworker had been asking me about whether I'd ever or still owned such a unit, and I hadn't, only to be surprised with one gratis 24-48 hours later.

If anybody happens to know where I can lay my hands on STL files to 3D print a replacement battery cover or solid images of the decals, I'd really appreciate it!  I've got a friend who has volunteered to print the cover for me and am trying to avoid paying $35 for a set of stickers I could print myself for a couple of dollars.

1C3C16B0-9C1A-4761-BB7D-FA879BDDD2D7.jpeg

E9765869-A039-494E-A890-7C8CEA7782D5.jpeg

B894064F-A139-4F80-B91F-1EFAA1875A1B.jpeg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

When I showed this game to my wife, she just rolled her eyes and walked away. Didn't even acknowledge my request for co-op aerobics. 🤷‍♂️

She simply doesn't understand...she simply couldn't understand. Getting an 8 bit work out is where it's at. We NES collector's stick together.

17 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

I'm not sure if USA sellers are even aware how many Canadian buyers they're losing due to the global shipping program. I used to use eBay back when I could pick through sellers that didn't use the program or were receptive to turning it off but now it seems like every seller has it enabled and everyone refuses to disable it any time I ask. I haven't used eBay in a few years because of this one reason and I used to receive at least 20 packages a month from eBay.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I'm not sure if USA sellers are even aware how many Canadian buyers they're losing due to the global shipping program. I used to use eBay back when I could pick through sellers that didn't use the program or were receptive to turning it off but now it seems like every seller has it enabled and everyone refuses to disable it any time I ask. I haven't used eBay in a few years because of this one reason and I used to receive at least 20 packages a month from eBay.

I actually had to cancel like 11 auctions then remake them as lots for the buyers. They were going to have to pay more in shipping and fees than for the actual things they bought. It's easy to use as a seller, but awful for the buyer.

And of course it's enabled by default and the method for turning it off is not obvious. eBay's UI is the closest thing to digital torture I've experienced.

35 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

Went to go pick up some Tomy/Coleco wind up games from a Facebook Marketplace posting yesterday for $5 and was offered the below Coleco Pac-Man mini arcade unit if I wanted it, apparently because I drove roughly 30 minutes (to the next city over) to get there.  I immediately accepted and thanked the guy, who immediately pulled out batteries to let me see that it worked.  I declined his offer, happy to have the unit, working or not, and ended up standing around talking to him in the cold for 30-40 minutes until we both froze up enough to realize we ought to get back in our cars where it was warm.  Happy to report that, so far as my brief testing last night is concerned, it seems to work 100%, although it's (predictably) missing the battery cover and the stickers are in need of some attention (and replacement in at least one case).  Oddly and hilariously, just a day or two ago, a coworker had been asking me about whether I'd ever or still owned such a unit, and I hadn't, only to be surprised with one gratis 24-48 hours later.

If anybody happens to know where I can lay my hands on STL files to 3D print a replacement battery cover or solid images of the decals, I'd really appreciate it!  I've got a friend who has volunteered to print the cover for me and am trying to avoid paying $35 for a set of stickers I could print myself for a couple of dollars.

I think I still have the Frogger mini arcade. I could take pictures of the battery cover, but I don't know how much help that would be to you. 

9 minutes ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

I think I still have the Frogger mini arcade. I could take pictures of the battery cover, but I don't know how much help that would be to you. 

I appreciate it, but I don't photos would necessarily help.  I've found one STL file for the cover online, but it's missing "catches" at the end of the latch points, and it's listed as the random creator's "first attempt" with no feedback as to whether it fits properly or not.  If you happen to have a micrometer (or heck, a heavy duty ruler) and could send measurements, that would help immensely, as my friend would be able to use those to confirm if the public STL file is good or not and make appropriate adjustments pre-print.  Thanks!

On 12/7/2019 at 10:19 PM, Tanooki said:

I don't think I'll often do posts like I did in years past.  But, this one is just too much to pass up. 🙂  HPB find of the quarter at least and on a 20% off sale so it was $16 not $20.

The first moment I laid eyes on that I thought it was a fake, I kept staring at it, thinking a print out, so I shelved it (dumb) but started trying a fast phone search.  Google came up with nothing on a few searches, as I never heard of this variant unlike say Into the Hunt or MK3.  Eventually I had to try a few different ebay pokes until I found one sold listing on this, and it lined up entirely to what was in my hand so I grabbed it.  The image below is partially doctored, the case was in crappy shape, but the disc was in B condition (A- after a proper cleaning in my supplies closet) so I did replace the clamshell from another game.  The GH game I've hated due to the cheaper quality disc with no paint and annoying green label but I just didn't want a long box.  So I'll be dumping the old ghetto release just to break even on this one as I'm a Doom fan and that's a keeper!

They had another variant I realized after I got home, not worth anything oddly, but I like the game so I'll probably go back for it tomorrow, Magic Carpet.  Got to love national chains with set stickers, they don't account for obscure rarities such as Doom which is a three figures title. 😄

I wonder if there is some archive out there that catalogs all the obscure jewel case PS1 releases?  Did Playstation Age ever log it?

IMG_2717.JPG

Fantastic find on Doom BL Jewel.

Here is a site that covers everything PS1: http://game-rave.com/

4 hours ago, darkchylde28 said:

I appreciate it, but I don't photos would necessarily help.  I've found one STL file for the cover online, but it's missing "catches" at the end of the latch points, and it's listed as the random creator's "first attempt" with no feedback as to whether it fits properly or not.  If you happen to have a micrometer (or heck, a heavy duty ruler) and could send measurements, that would help immensely, as my friend would be able to use those to confirm if the public STL file is good or not and make appropriate adjustments pre-print.  Thanks!

I don't have a micrometer but do have a ruler with mm markings. Here's the photos I took. Let me know if you need another dimension measured. 

Spoiler

IMG_20200122_185201.thumb.jpg.fb270ce41cd1806a53b93c010966dcce.jpgIMG_20200122_190846__01.thumb.jpg.0faff60cbdb4d45b2b9a110358eb7dcc.jpgIMG_20200122_185356.thumb.jpg.b57c9cf0eef07ca95e1f11a0d4e41c97.jpgIMG_20200122_190523.thumb.jpg.4fa3f79cc3872359d2834dd85dc067f1.jpgIMG_20200122_191045.thumb.jpg.6d9a5146f13a4d166533de4d46213557.jpgIMG_20200122_191257.thumb.jpg.1a655a55504d58e365c4d2f1d63a1b13.jpgIMG_20200122_191923.thumb.jpg.b67946ef7dd6131582253c275dc85a7b.jpgIMG_20200122_192458.thumb.jpg.b06ceef0dd57350c03bbdd55e38ad949.jpg

• Thanks 1

I got some Brazilian versions of games that I already owned but I like to replace the US versions for them if possible.

It took a long time for me to find this CIB Harry Potter but at least it's in really good condition.

Cruis'n USA was a good find. There was one on Mercado Livre for cheap without the manual but a friend had it and gave it to me.

Sonic 2 has a terrible printing quality on the box art but that's usual for Tectoy releases, specially those that had the red label. I decided to buy this version since it's a bit more uncommon than the regular version.

k7BZCLAl.jpg

• Like 6