IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

7 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Stocking up on more stuff before the pandemic gets here.

49C12AB4-CDF2-4ABD-9B02-8D17875AF825.thumb.jpeg.598635f7ad0cb77a657e9bb09ddadc52.jpeg

622EAE16-BA3C-49F6-9780-FFB74BDD9453.thumb.jpeg.54f018441d5c3ca3db5b87d0cddef647.jpeg

Does the Dragons Lair Trilogy include the NES game? I just spent 15 minutes last night banging my head against the wall trying to beat the first screen of that game. I eventually figured it out, but man it is terrible.

1 minute ago, DoctorEncore said:

Does the Dragons Lair Trilogy include the NES game? I just spent 15 minutes last night banging my head against the wall trying to beat the first screen of that game. I eventually figured it out, but man it is terrible.

No, it's the three PC games. Dragon's Lair, Space Ace and Dragon's Lair 2. It's the same as the Dragon's Lair Trilogy for Wii. 

On another note, there's a Dragon's Lair 3D for GameCube that is a different game and isn't on this compilation. 

• Thanks 1

Bungeling Bay is a huge upgrade to mint from my poor quality copy. It's not the hangtab version, but still very tough to find in nice condition. Yo Noid is a game I loved as a kid. The box is beautiful except that sticker on the front. Monster Truck Rally is one of those games that's not talked about but can also be tough to find in nice condition.

IMG_20200301_135133.thumb.jpg.f7382fd8f15282ded4cf3668ce526747.jpg

Had to get Collection of Mana since I love those games and it was only $15 from Best Buy. And as for Just Dance, well, this HAS to be the final Wii release... Right? Right?

IMG_20200301_135154.thumb.jpg.5d25f18276374efea71558e552380f4e.jpg

• Like 6

Here's my February pick ups:

feb2020pickups.thumb.jpg.594589ab285cb466f751278adedd96bf.jpg

Some 3DS games that I put off getting long enough.  Got them at buy 2 get 2.  Time and Eternity has the soundtrack selection with it too, it was $8.  And more Mega Man is always good.  While I prefer to collect on Switch, I got this one on PS4 cause that's where I got the other Legacy Collections.  I got those on Ps4 because Capcom did that crap with the download vouchers on the previous Switch versions.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Galdius said:

I got a few more things: the Star Wars games from LRG finally arrived (but I'm still waiting for the Shadows of the Empire cart) and some other stuff.

t5JgTtWl.jpg zBTNdaBl.jpg

I really like those LRG Star Wars releases.  I skipped those particular ones, much to my chagrin, but I'll be picking them up on the second-hand market for sure.  Very nice!

• Like 1

I really havent been collecting games lately. I guess that's what happens when you quit working in a game store. You become interested in other things when games aren't in your face 24/7. Also, living away from my collection and being super busy in school doesnt leave much time to play. Though I have been enjoying this which I just received. 

20200229_135224.jpg

• Like 4

Recent pickups:

I’ve been pretty into Famicom recently. Unfortunately I can only really play the games that don’t require reading much Japanese.

Famicom - Samurai Pizza Cats                 (Cart is legit, Box is repro, and easily distinguishable... dimensions are not exact, flap folds are wrong, etc., but I thought the art work was awesome and it looks great in my collection, so I’m happy for now).  I got the game for only half of what I’m seeing them sell for, so this felt like a win. The game was imported from Japan and the seller included a personalized note with the game, which was a nice touch!
** If anyone knows where I can maybe find a manual for this game, it’d be greatly appreciated! They seem to be relatively hard to come by.

Famicom - Great Battle Cyber -CIB
(Got this imported from Japan for about 20% less than I see them going for). Super Human Samurai Cyber Squad and Gundam were some favorite Saturday morning shows for me as a kid, so this one has some nostalgic appeal for me. Fun Fact: in the US, we got the TV show called Super Human Samurai Cyber Squad, which was a western translation / adaptation of Gridman: The Hyper Agent. The show was *supposedly rumored to be* somewhat inspired by Ultraman. I wonder if anyone remembers this show!

Atari 2600 - Pong Sports- Cart Only.
This was the biggest win of the week for me! I’ve been hunting this one for a year or two (my cousin had it when we were kids and I hadn’t seen it since), but I couldn’t justify paying the 25-50$ I see them selling for online. I snagged it from a local Retro store that had it on their self for only 3$!! Not sure if pricing was intentional, or an oversight, since this game is not as common as many other Telegames carts ... either way...That’s a win!

Famicom - Transformers: Mystery of Comvoy - Cart Only. Another favorite show as a kid.

Famicom - Bomberman - Cart Only

Famicom - Family Stadium ‘87 - CIB (as far as I know lol). This was one of the Namcot hard clamshell cases for Famicom games. The inserts include the manual, mailer card, stickers, and the Namcot Catalogue for other clamshell games. Pretty good looking set.

A23AEBFF-FF27-4F6E-B55F-AA0269407727.jpeg

7EADDC99-AEE7-40F9-8FFB-EDBE85B1F2BA.jpeg

70029EBD-BDDC-4A7D-A3F2-F47F824E5EE0.jpeg

D747862D-AD89-46C0-8133-C11F74ECE796.jpeg

BA4297AB-7E89-44CE-99BD-759F88A1C8AD.jpeg

Edited by Lambda
  • Like 6

Guests · Posted

All right people, stand back, we have a real grail in the house! Shelve your Stadium Events, hide your competition carts, 'cause I bring you ... Ride to Hell: Retribution.

I actually am pretty happy for this. I'm one of the strange ones - shitty games are some of my favorite to collect, and it's difficult to get much worse than this.

IMG_20200305_133203.jpg

This set me back $72 with shipping/tax.  I got to talking to this guy online and his mom had this barely used DS Lite the crimson/black model as you can see.  She must have had some interesting taste to have those four games sitting with Dementium of all things, and even a new spare power supply that's still unused too.  Everything but the cardboard tray in the box is there, not a single mark inside or out on that handheld.  Everything is in clean and very nice order.

Originally what happened was my kids top panel failed on her DS so I started letting her use my black dslite recently.  I kept trying to find a nice pink one as white gets ugly fast, and she wasn't feeling the black, baby blue, or much of the others either.  Each pink one I did come across was not the best shape, and the metallic ones for nintendogs which would have been ideal are all beat to hell due to cheap paint.  I stumbled across this on ebay and red is a favorite but it came with a higher price set to it, but negotiated it down to $60 plus the tax/shipping fees.

Now we can both play games together or linked up together again which is nice.

dslitebundle.jpg

• Like 6

I found each successive year at the Louisville Arcade Expo the actual gaming items to buy get thinner, worse, and more overpriced especially from the retailer side.  There's a local business that seems to think (and I innocently asked if their prices match their store which they confirmed) 20-25% mark up is ok. 😄  I miss 2+ years back when locals/regional types would bring their stuff they were done with and overstock and it was glorious.  That said I did oddly end up with a sad but nice freebie.  I found what should have been a complete in box copy of Pokemon SoulSilver, game was swiped/lost, so they let me take the box(cover art, all manuals/inserts) for free! (And I already have a pokewalker...now I need the cart.)

Then today due to a redbox return, went to half price.  They had goodies.  I got Wii Kirby Return to Dreamland and Metroid Prime HunterDS both complete in excellent shape for $30 so no complaints.  Had I the time, they did have SMT Strange Journey and SD Robot Taisen too, SMT was 1/2 off, the other was full price but they have their super coupon week starting this week.

Got a new TV, it's a big one too...a Zenith system 3 from the late 70's. Man, when you change the channels it sounds like a grenade just exploded, I miss that sound 🙂  I forgot how much suck is contained in the NES Cabal cartridge...such fond memories of the arcade version though I had to try it again, meh....pass...

20200309_200024.jpg

20200309_200042.jpg

20200309_200102.jpg

20200309_200110.jpg

• Like 4

Yeah very nice DQ9, it's the game that got me to try having some DS stuff again finding it last year down the street at a garage sale of all things, and I got the guide too which is a huge help I found a bit later.  Very nice stuff though I don't reall recognize those 2 Switch games the art looks interesting.  I bet that Wii game could either be fun or frustrating so I really do need to see what's on there.  That said, love to find DQ4 DS again sometime, still my favorite.