IGNORED

What's your most anticipated game of 2020?

Montanez

Administrator · Posted
26 minutes ago, Inzoreno said:

Cyberpunk 2077. After playing through The Witcher 3 for the first time this year, I am eager to see what CD Projekt Red does with the futuristic setting. 

This was my 'runner-up' in my 20-page thesis post in this thread haha!  I think the game looks really cool so far, and I know the developer has the skills to pull off something great.  I watched a few trailers and promos for the game, and the style looks really great.  I am really looking forward to this game and hope it turns out really well!

On 12/30/2019 at 11:29 AM, jonebone said:

Toss up between Last of Us II or FFVII Remake.

Never got to play through FFVII yet to be honest, so the remake will be perfect for me.  I skip remakes if I've already beat the game before (like Link's Awakening on Switch this year), but FFVII will be perfect for my needs.

I'd rather see a nice remake of FF9...but I guess they gotta do FF7 and FF8 first.

For me it's persona 5 the royal. When I played vanilla p5 I was having a lot of tough personal struggles, but that game was an excellent escape. It was also my first playstation platinum trophy, and the only game I've ever played twice in a row because of how much I enjoyed it. I sunk 200 hours into the original and I can't wait to do it again.

On 1/5/2020 at 9:46 PM, Estil said:

I'd rather see a nice remake of FF9...but I guess they gotta do FF7 and FF8 first.

Oh gosh, I hope not.  They could more easily remake FF 6, 5.. even 10.  And then their are the awesome, non Final Fantasy titles people would love to see like Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, Parasite Eve or even Einhander.  Those would all be better choices before FF VIII.

1 minute ago, Crabmaster2000 said:

Cannot wait for Cyberpunk 2077. I'm not even a CD Project Red fan or an FPS player, but boy does it look like I'm going to love it. 

I agree. I've never been that into this type of game, but I'm playing The Outer Worlds right now and find it amazing. The Witcher 3, which I've still not played, is so universally praised, that I want in on the ground floor this time.

• Thanks 1

I don't think I even know of any games coming out this year outside of the first episode of the FF7 remake. I've rarely had so little to look forward to.

I guess I'll have to peruse this thread for good tips.

EDIT: Alright, nothing else really caught my attention. I might have been excited for the RE3make if I've played the RE2 one. But I haven't even played the RE1make yet! I really need to get on these.

Cyberpunk 2077 could be cool. CD Projekt Red tend to know what they're doing, but then again if it's anything like Witcher 3 it'll be good, but very repetitive and not too memorable. I feel like they risk overstretching their capacity with this one - they get better results from tighter, more focused projects like... Witcher 2.

Edited by Sumez

Just found out "Session" is a thing. It's on steam early access and is apparently releasing only on xbone. Basically the dev's liked ea skate and are making a new game along those lines. Looks pretty dope. I think it's odd that its only going on Xbox, but maybe I read up wrong. This will be a day 1 purchase for me though. Its not very often I buy a game day 1