IGNORED

What's your most anticipated game of 2020?

Montanez

My most anticipate game of 2020 is final fantasy 7 remake because when i played original final fantasy 7 i was a place where i was felt outsider because i Have disability . Sure i have friends , i watch anime and i feel like i am normal but when i went outside and some kids look at me and i thought i was alien ,even ask my mom i was like clak kent i didn't know he was superman because at Time smallville was on and i didn't read comicbook yet.So anyways but mom Laugh and she said no but you are special in your away . Cut November 23 2007 wich is my birthday and i was at old video game store and i still had my sister ps1 so i saw iff7 , i asked my mom for it so she bought it . Unexpected hapeen the game Taugh me a lessons. That Lesson was i was finally able to accept i have an disability but it dosent have define me. So what your most anticipate game of 2020 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Montanez said:

My most anticipate game of 2020 is final fantasy 7 remake because when i played original final fantasy 7 i was a place where i was felt outsider because i Have disability . Sure i have friends , i watch anime and i feel like i am normal but when i went outside and some kids look at me and i thought i was alien ,even ask my mom i was like clak kent i didn't know he was superman because at Time smallville was on and i didn't read comicbook yet.So anyways but mom Laugh and she said no but you are special in your away . Cut November 23 2007 wich is my birthday and i was at old video game store and i still had my sister ps1 so i saw iff7 , i asked my mom for it so she bought it . Unexpected hapeen the game Taugh me a lessons. That Lesson was i was finally able to accept i have an disability but it dosent have define me. So what your most anticipate game of 2020 

I hope it brings back some great memories for you.

FF7 Remake (worst title ever), Cyberpunk, and Halo Infinite are the top three I can think of right now. If I ever get around to playing The Last of Us and love it, maybe the sequel will join the list.

Edited by DoctorEncore

• The title was changed to What's your most anticipated game of 2020?
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2019 at 10:25 PM, Rooster said:

Resident Evil 3 Remake or The Last of Us 2, or Breath of the Wild 2 if they actually manage to get it out within 2020.  That will probably be a 2021 release, though....

I am a Zelda Fan , but I did not enjoy the original “Breath of the Wild “..So I probably won’t like it’s sequel..

10 minutes ago, Rooster said:

What didn't you enjoy about it?  I thought it was the best Zelda game I've played since OoT.

BOTW was fantastic in my opinion. Nintendo's take on open world was great.  If they bring in more traditional temples like the old ones I will be thrilled.  Shrines and divine beasts were cool but lacked depth. Give me wind, fire, ice, etc over same ancient sheekah shrine/contraption.

On topic, my most anticipated is Animal Crossing. New leaf was my first AC game and I loved it.  Planning to get the digital version so I always have it with me. 

Lots of other good stuff next year but it feels like more from the backlog.  Still need to play Witcher 3 and RE2 remake ahead of the new releases.

Edited by zeppelin03

2 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

The last "current gen" console I owned was a PS3, but the idea of a FF VII remake is interesting. Other than modern graphics I don't know how much you can improve the original.

Check out the coverage and you will probably find yourself quite surprised. It's a complete reimagining.

Administrator · Posted

Moved this to The Gauntlet 🙂

There are so many games I'm really looking forward to in 2020 - I think it will be another great year in gaming with tons of fun stuff!

Most Anticipated Sequel:
If I had to pick one, my most anticipated game overall, and most anticipated sequel, would be Psychonauts 2 by Double Fine (Check it out HERE).  I am SOOO looking forward to this.  I LOVED the original Psychonauts game, and I'm nervously awaiting the sequel.  I just really hope it has the same charm, humor, and execution of the first one.  Psychonauts was a fantastic game that was just quirky, weird, funny, charming, and super-fun.  The sequel has had a very weird and rocky development / funding cycle, but is planned for 2020 now so I'm crossing my fingers!

Runner-Ups:
* The Last of Us Part II -- the first game was fantastic, and I've loved almost everything Naughty Dog has made.
* Ori and the Will of the Wisps
* Nioh 2 -- actually a prequel to Nioh.
* Oddworld: Soulstorm -- I have always loved the Oddworld series, and this game looks really good!

Most Anticipated New Game:
There is a beautiful new game hopefully coming out in 2020 for PS4, called Ghost of Tsushima, by Sucker Punch (Check it out HERE).  This game looks absolutely stunning, and is an action-adventure / stealth type game.  There were some rumors that it would be a PS5 launch title, but I believe those have been quashed and it will be released for PS4.  I am really looking forward to it, and I hope that it plays as good as it looks.

Runner-Up:
* Cyberpunk 2077 --- This game looks like it is oozing with style.  I just hope the gameplay is as good as the Cutscene videos ha!

Most Anticipated Re-Make:
No surprise here - it has to be Final Fantasy 7 Remake (check it out HERE).  Final Fantasy 7 isn't even my favorite of the FF games, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't super excited for this re-make.  I've watched several of the trailers and it just really gets me excited for this game.  It's a 'remake,' but it also appears to be very different from the original - which I'm actually really excited for.  I think some have been disappointed with the liberties taken with the remake, and the battle system - but I'm really looking forward to it!

Runner-Up:
* Trials of Mana -- I've been playing this from Collection of Mana on Switch, and I'm looking forward to the remake.

Most Anticipated Spin-Off:
I'll call this a sort of spin-off - new genre game - and that is Minecraft Dungeons (check it out HERE).  It is a multiplayer dungeon-crawler game in the Minecraft universe - looks like a cross between Minecraft and Diablo, as strange as that sounds.  I have always loved Minecraft and this game looks really fun and different!  What interests me about this mostly, is playing the game with my brothers and nephew --- some of my best gaming memories in recent years have been playing Minecraft with them and just having fun together, so I'm looking forward to that.

I'm sure there are a ton more games coming out for 2020 that I don't remember or don't even know about yet, but as I mentioned, I think it is going to be a fantastic year with tons of fun stuff.

P.S. If by some miracle (yes, I know this is unlikely) Metroid Prime 4 comes out in 2020 (hah!), that would probably be somewhere above.  🙂

• Like 1