IGNORED

With NA gone, can we finally talk about why some members got banned?

attakid101

Administrator · Posted
19 minutes ago, Lincoln said:

That

That was onen thing I *really* wanted to fix, and I had styling solution all worked out, I just could never motivate dain to let me work on the site.

People who build websites are very picky about who has access to change the code on their sites, generally anyone who is "not me" will not be given access. We're like dragons hoarding treasure. More often than not really ugly, unreadable treasure.

14 minutes ago, Gloves said:

People who build websites are very picky about who has access to change the code on their sites, generally anyone who is "not me" will not be given access. We're like dragons hoarding treasure. More often than not really ugly, unreadable treasure.

I mean I get it, this is what I do too. But at the point I reached out to him it's was very obvious he was doing the bare minimum to keep things running. He didn't owe me anything but it would've been in both our interests to let me fix things if he wasn't going to. 

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, Lincoln said:

I mean I get it, this is what I do too. But at the point I reached out to him it's was very obvious he was doing the bare minimum to keep things running. He didn't owe me anything but it would've been in both our interests to let me fix things if he wasn't going to. 

Totally get it, and I'm right there with you - I tried the same. 

IIRC @Tanooki was banned for talking shit about someone, getting warned, and continuing to do so. He can correct me if I'm wrong.

I dunno about the other guys. The only other one I remember is James who was all over the forum then bailed on a bunch of transactions (poster preorders?) after collecting money.

Edit: oh and that cornball cocksuckers guy who lost his mind for no apparent reason.

Edited by Lincoln

2 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Are the moderators here the same as the moderators that were banning everyone over there? It seemed like people were constantly getting banned, looking at the first page of any thread a year old showed a few avatars of users past.

yep just constantly banning folks. I used to do 50-60 a day, just because I love the power that I wield. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lincoln said:

Edit: oh and that cornball cocksuckers guy who lost his mind for no apparent reason.

He was already a belligerent guy when he arrived. I remember someone posted about not posting ROMs or something like that and he posted, "I see the video game po-pos are out in force."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lincoln said:

IIRC @Tanooki was banned for talking shit about someone, getting warned, and continuing to do so. He can correct me if I'm wrong.

I was hoping as soon as I saw the notification for this no one would speak up as I don’t want to go down that road. A good bit after this I had a private convo that was third party setup with BA and things were as smoothed over as it was going to be.  Amicable And understanding i think would be good words for that.

As far as the story goes I’ll leave it at this. There were two versions of the story and I would feel safe to say some fell to one side or the other.  And with the shit talking private or public it was never one sided nor isolated to NA either. It got out of hand and to my part had I just ignored half of it and not responded I’m not sure if the outcome would have changed or not. There were many times I’d tried to let it die when another shot got fired to the point I’d say everyone was as fed up as I was with it all

I’d request to just let it go as it’s as dead as NA was. Those who kept in contact after the time knew my feelings about it.  I won’t discuss it publicly further. I figured the way I left things after the fact seemed fine that’s why I attempted to reappear to see how it would be handled. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I was hoping as soon as I saw the notification for this no one would speak up as I don’t want to go down that road. A good bit after this I had a private convo that was third party setup with BA and things were as smoothed over as it was going to be.  Amicable And understanding i think would be good words for that.

As far as the story goes I’ll leave it at this. There were two versions of the story and I would feel safe to say some fell to one side or the other.  And with the shit talking private or public it was never one sided nor isolated to NA either. It got out of hand and to my part had I just ignored half of it and not responded I’m not sure if the outcome would have changed or not. There were many times I’d tried to let it die when another shot got fired to the point I’d say everyone was as fed up as I was with it all

I’d request to just let it go as it’s as dead as NA was. Those who kept in contact after the time knew my feelings about it.  I won’t discuss it publicly further. I figured the way I left things after the fact seemed fine that’s why I attempted to reappear to see how it would be handled. 

Hopefully the new site is a fresh start for everyone. Nobody's perfect, especially when people might have one bad day when they've been there for years.

• Like 1

I feel like there was a mod break room at NA like when you work at a retail store and they have one of those who signed people up for the shitty store credit card contests going on where they keep track on a large piece of paper and fill in a temperature gauge except it was to keep track of who banned the most people every month.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

I feel like there was a mod break room at NA like when you work at a retail store and they have one of those who signed people up for the shitty store credit card contests going on where they keep track on a large piece of paper and fill in a temperature gauge except it was to keep track of who banned the most people every month.

Only during the Warmonger months.

Events Team · Posted
37 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

I've wondered about Dennis Fleaman. He was very active in the weekly contests before being banned.

35 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Returning banned user.  Can't remember who he originally was.

Yes, it was Dutch. He played many seasons in the weekly contest as Dennis Fleaman before getting caught having multiple accounts, and being Dutch I guess.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I remember that. I was on your side.

• Like 1