IGNORED

With NA gone, can we finally talk about why some members got banned?

attakid101

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, Quest4Nes said:

Because of your snes competition loss? Were you the one that played me in bubsy? foooooools 🙂

Nah I just grew up liking Bubsy and now I associate the character with some dude that can hardly pick up a SNES controller. It's just a dern shame. 😛

1 hour ago, Quest4Nes said:

Because of your snes competition loss? Were you the one that played me in bubsy? foooooools 🙂

Gloves has a win over you, you have a win over him. We need one more round to see who is king shit.

Each of you pick one game. The third game will be Pit Fighter.

• Haha 1

Administrator · Posted
Just now, Tulpa said:

Gloves has a win over you, you have a win over him. We need one more round to see who is king shit.

Each of you pick one game. The third game will be Pit Fighter.

Nah we can't do that cuz he'll pick a game that he thinks I'm bad at then complain when I trounce him on it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

Who cares if he feels “disrespected”. This is the internet. Hitler jokes are funny and cool. 

Is that just a general characterization of the internet re: people’s feelings, or is it sarcasm in reference to the content of his meltdown? Because honestly, it works either way 🤣

7 hours ago, Gloves said:

Going on about stuff after we've already answered what has happened is exactly why most places aren't near as transparent as we aim to be. I like to think we're pretty open about what's going on, and as BA has already mentioned, any time anyone asked him why someone was banned on NA he let them know.

Loxx LITERALLY asked to be banned, and on top of that went out of his way to be REALLY shitty on NA. What happened was VERY recent contextually speaking. It only makes sense that we'd make clear our stance when it was that fresh - you're getting a second chance, but please be reasonable on here. That's WAY more than reasonable IMO.

We don't WANT to ban anyone. When I joined the NA staff I honestly read through the entire staff forum and you know what man these guys get shit for nothing. Were there shitty staff? In the past yeah - I noticed a few folks being pretty shitty; folks who weren't staff anymore when I got there, and who aren't staff on here. But did anyone get banned unfairly? Nope. At least not that I saw. 

We're pretty fuckin open about shit on here. So I'll be open and let you know that being a dick about shit will get you warned, and rack up enough warnings and you'll land a ban. I'm not handing out any official warnings right this instant but seriously this back and forth nitpicky game of "poke the staff" is shitty, they don't deserve it. So just cut that out.

That's enough with all of the damn swearing! Clean that shit up before you get yourself banned! 😂

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

4 hours ago, Alder said:

I've been out of the loop for the better half of a decade, but what ever happened to that laserman dude? 

He was fairly active on NA when I joined and was a mod for maybe two weeks then totally disappeared. It seems like he posted about his house being broken into right around that time so maybe he wanted to take care of his personal business and just never came back. One of my first NA deals was with him and he seemed like a good guy.

6 hours ago, Alder said:

I've been out of the loop for the better half of a decade, but what ever happened to that laserman dude? 

He really really didn't like Obama, and really really liked guns and the bible. I think he felt there were too many people on NA who he felt didn't share his beliefs and talked about it too much, thus making it not enjoyable to visit.

10 hours ago, Gloves said:

We're pretty fuckin open about shit on here. So I'll be open and let you know that being a dick about shit will get you warned, and rack up enough warnings and you'll land a ban. I'm not handing out any official warnings right this instant but seriously this back and forth nitpicky game of "poke the staff" is shitty, they don't deserve it. So just cut that out.

Ya ok. I ask a question “why” and all I get in return is defensive smart ass replies. A false statement stating I keep asking the same thing and some kind of sideways threat from the staff. Thats Pretty shitty.

15 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

Ya ok. I ask a question “why” and all I get in return is defensive smart ass replies. A false statement stating I keep asking the same thing and some kind of sideways threat from the staff. Thats Pretty shitty.

Think it's the context of the matter, as unless I am missing something every question was answered and yet it seems that still isn't "good enough" and it begins the asking of "why" on every little thing regardless if it was answered properly or not and I can see how it can get a bit grating and there was a few that was in essence the same question just reworded either before or after and gets the same answer. 

In my view of things, and I believe this was also mentioned, there are a set of rules and once broken and after several chances (warnings if you must) it keeps going thus is taken care of in the best manner possible, and there are a lot of things that goes on behind public views that is really of no ones concern except those involved that may cause an instant ban, some may warrant being mentioned in public for community protection and some not, with all that aside I personally see no reason to have to explain to the public or consistently answer the "who, what, when, where, how, and whys" however if someone has a real concern, say for example someone got banned and someone had a deal going on with said person then I can see asking what happened but that can be easily done via PM, again this is just my personal opinion of the matter.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, B.A. said:

He really really didn't like Obama, and really really liked guns and the bible. I think he felt there were too many people on NA who he felt didn't share his beliefs and talked about it too much, thus making it not enjoyable to visit.

It did seem like I remember him having a gun collection. I usually avoid the political/religious discussions because I'm probably one of the rare people that don't have much of an opinion either way.

40 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

It must be exhausting thinking no one means what they say, always looking for deeper meaning in every statement, that everything is "sideways".

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Nothing better than having someone question your judgement on something they know nothing about!

And people wonder why we don’t want to talk about bans. Because we are immediately questioned, and its easy to manipulate it so we look like the assholes. 

Who made anyone look like an asshole

Edited by skinnygrinny

6 hours ago, acromite53 said:

What was the whole deal with mods and the Tim Atwood ban? Am I allowed to ask? 🙊 

No.  

Well, you can ask but I doubt any of us want to revisit that massive headache.

3 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

He was fairly active on NA when I joined and was a mod for maybe two weeks then totally disappeared. It seems like he posted about his house being broken into right around that time so maybe he wanted to take care of his personal business and just never came back. One of my first NA deals was with him and he seemed like a good guy.

The break-in was a solid year or two before he stopped coming back.   He was a mod (and ran HOS) for quite some time, then he stepped down as a mod and just stopped coming around.  He did have some very strong opinions as Brian mentioned.

57 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

Who made anyone look like an asshole

See below:

14 hours ago, skinnygrinny said:

Does it seem absurd that the guy left after you asked him to be cool with a bunch of backdoor compliments.
Im not trying to say who was right or wrong, it just doesn’t surprise me a person might feel disrespected by such a request deserved or not. 

”backdoor compliments” in a conversation you didnt have

”disrespected” again, projecting your idea of “disrespect” in a conversation that you were not privy to. 

crazy how asking someone not to be an asshole is considered “disrespectful”

BA gave you more than enough information, and you questioned every thing he said. That makes Him look like an asshole.