IGNORED

With NA gone, can we finally talk about why some members got banned?

attakid101

Well, this doesn't relate to NA, but did ICrappedMyPants get offended or something and up and leave, or was he banned and this is what is account looks like now?

https://www.videogamesage.com/profile/31-none/

I'm just curious.  He was quite active in our inaugural Werewolf game and didn't seem like a bad sport.  Very active and passionate, but by no means a bad egg. He up and disappeared?!

Edited by RH

4 hours ago, Tulpa said:

Did he get banned? I saw a flurry of posts from him over one or two days, but nothing that seemed too bad. He did delete his picture in the mugshot thread and said, "I'm out." Maybe something happened off board?

I sent him a PM when he signed up here asking him to be cool. In my message to him I said all of these "I enjoyed your posts", "you are welcome here", "thanks for joining us". He evidently felt that crossed the line and hasn't been back. 

35 minutes ago, B.A. said:

I sent him a PM when he signed up here asking him to be cool. In my message to him I said all of these "I enjoyed your posts", "you are welcome here", "thanks for joining us". He evidently felt that crossed the line and hasn't been back. 

His loss.

It's a shame that some people felt the need to start some BS privately with others on a site they frequented. I mean, being banned to one of a bajillion gaming sites out there is a very small price to pay for acting like a jerk. But still, I don't get why some people feel the need to take it so far. Most of the (seemingly) questionable bans are the ones who seemed nice and engaging on the forums but acted as jerks behind the scenes (assumedly) but other favorites like FieryReign and AlexElectric - it was pretty clear why they were banned.

Edited by AstralSoul13

1 hour ago, B.A. said:

Ummm....because of the way he fire bombed his way out of NA and got himself banned.  You know, by not keeping his cool.

I didn’t know. That’s why I asked. 
Why would he lose his cool on vgs? Wasn’t his behavior on Nintendoage spurred by the buyout and shutdown? 

13 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

I didn’t know. That’s why I asked. 
Why would he lose his cool on vgs? Wasn’t his behavior on Nintendoage spurred by the buyout and shutdown? 

Why would he lose his cool anywhere on the internet? I don't know, but he did. His meltdown had nothing to do with the buyout or shutdown. 

So far we have been extremely accommodating to people who were banned over there and want another chance. To think that one of the staff wouldn't at least reach out to have a conversation though is absurd. 

6 minutes ago, B.A. said:

Why would he lose his cool anywhere on the internet? I don't know, but he did. His meltdown had nothing to do with the buyout or shutdown. 

So far we have been extremely accommodating to people who were banned over there and want another chance. To think that one of the staff wouldn't at least reach out to have a conversation though is absurd. 

Thanks for clearing that up. I Never had an issue with him. Who ever said one of the staff shouldn’t have a conversation with him? 

4 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

Thanks for clearing that up. I Never had an issue with him. Who ever said one of the staff shouldn’t have a conversation with him? 

No one did, but that's what happened and that's evidently why he's decided not to be here anymore, and why we have been talking about him in all of these posts. 

If he wants to participate on VGS he is welcome to do so. 

1 hour ago, skinnygrinny said:

Wasn’t his behavior on Nintendoage spurred by the buyout and shutdown? 

Loxx was banned long before NA's buyout was announced. He was able to post again when the NA forum became the unholy abomination and a lot of the bans were inadvertently lifted.

I genuinely liked him, but he had some pretty serious personal demons going on. Doesn't excuse his behavior, but he was kind of touchy at times.

12 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

Loxx was banned long before NA's buyout was announced. He was able to post again when the NA forum became the unholy abomination and a lot of the bans were inadvertently lifted.

I genuinely liked him, but he had some pretty serious personal demons going on. Doesn't excuse his behavior, but he was kind of touchy at times.

Loxx seemed all right I didn’t engage with him that much though. 

crapped pants was “punch out” or something like that before crapped pants right? 

1 hour ago, B.A. said:

No one did, but that's what happened and that's evidently why he's decided not to be here anymore, and why we have been talking about him in all of these posts. 

If he wants to participate on VGS he is welcome to do so. 

Does it seem absurd that the guy left after you asked him to be cool with a bunch of backdoor compliments.
Im not trying to say who was right or wrong, it just doesn’t surprise me a person might feel disrespected by such a request deserved or not. 

Who cares if he feels “disrespected”. This is the internet. Hitler jokes are funny and cool. 

I look at it like this: 

If you owned a store, and someone came in and fucked the place up,  wouldn't you want to know if they weren't going to fuck it up again the next time you welcomed them in?

I sure would. 

Dont forget he said some really mean things to a member. He Even got mad at me personally for thinking atari sucks!

Still welcome back though, as long as he contributes positively. 

51 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

Does it seem absurd that the guy left after you asked him to be cool with a bunch of backdoor compliments.
Im not trying to say who was right or wrong, it just doesn’t surprise me a person might feel disrespected by such a request deserved or not. 

I in no way shape or form insulted him. If he doesn't like someone saying he is welcome here, but he needs to keep it cool, then too damn bad.  The alternative is we could have said he's not welcome here.  He is the one who had a very public meltdown that evidently YOU missed, but plenty of other people didn't.  He is the one who started screaming homophopic slurs at a bunch of random people because he decided he was done.  Even after all that, the NA staff cared enough to make a point to reach out to him on facebook to make sure he was ok. 

See, shit like this is why we tend to not discuss ban reasons.   

Dude isn't even banned here!  Yet somehow we were supposed to have the welcome wagon give him a reach-around when he arrived, even though he publicly admitted to firebombing his way out of NA on purpose.

Got it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1