IGNORED

With NA gone, can we finally talk about why some members got banned?

attakid101

14 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

See, shit like this is why we tend to not discuss ban reasons.   

Dude isn't even banned here!  Yet somehow we were supposed to have the welcome wagon give him a reach-around when he arrived, even though he publicly admitted to firebombing his way out of NA on purpose.

Got it.

Uuuuhhh what? Lol who said anything about giving him a reach around? Im just trying to figure out why the guy is surrounded by drama. Why is everyone so testy about answering questions concerning the situation. 

12 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

Uuuuhhh what? Lol who said anything about giving him a reach around? Im just trying to figure out why the guy is surrounded by drama. Why is everyone so testy about answering questions concerning the situation. 

Why don't you ask him?   

Also, our patience is running thin because you keep asking Brian the same thing over and over.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

Loxx pretty much brought it on himself.

I know we like to be a little loose with the trash talk during competitions and razzing each other in general, but if you saw what he posted, and knew that he was deliberately trying to get banned (as some reported seeing on FB and elsewhere), you'd know the mods were justified in banning him. And why they were giving him a little friendly advice to keep it clean if he posted on VGS. There were definite concerns given how he burned the house down at NA.

If he didn't like that, well, can't really do anything about it.

Edited by Tulpa
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

I know we like to be a little loose with the trash talk during competitions and razzing each other in general, but if you saw what he posted, and knew that he was deliberately trying to get banned (as some reported seeing on FB and elsewhere), you'd know the mods were justified in banning him.

If what he did wasn't worth a banning, then nothing is.

I didn’t mean to say he shouldn’t have gotten banned from Nintendoage. 

im just wondering why it followed him here? Did everyone who had been banned from Nintendoage get a talking too as well? 

2 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

im just wondering why it followed him here? Did everyone who had been banned from Nintendoage get a talking too as well? 

Yes, actually.

3 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

If you saw what he posted to get himself banned, you'd see why there were concerns. I wish I could link you to the thread, but they deleted his offending posts because of how offensive they were.

Let me state that again, he was so offensive, they deleted the posts that got him banned. They were that bad.  Everyone else who got banned for lesser stuff didn't have that happen.

So yeah, asking if he'd keep it cool when posting here wasn't out of line.

Edited by Tulpa
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

I know we like to be a little loose with the trash talk during competitions and razzing each other in general, but if you saw what he posted, and knew that he was deliberately trying to get banned (as some reported seeing on FB and elsewhere), you'd know the mods were justified in banning him. And why they were giving him a little friendly advice to keep it clean if he posted on VGS. There were definite concerns given how he burned the house down at NA.

If he didn't like that, well, can't really do anything about it.

I remember asking Loxx on the retrogaming subreddit why he was banned and him saying something like that it was his fault and he was trying to get banned. I don't recall the details though.

On 12/9/2019 at 2:28 PM, attakid101 said:

look. we've all been curious about why certain NA members were banned. well now that NA has burst into flames can we talk about it? like wtf happened with BlooperandGoomba?

Back on topic- he kept on demanding gift payment (that's how long ago it was) even after being specifically told not to.

Administrator · Posted

Going on about stuff after we've already answered what has happened is exactly why most places aren't near as transparent as we aim to be. I like to think we're pretty open about what's going on, and as BA has already mentioned, any time anyone asked him why someone was banned on NA he let them know.

Loxx LITERALLY asked to be banned, and on top of that went out of his way to be REALLY shitty on NA. What happened was VERY recent contextually speaking. It only makes sense that we'd make clear our stance when it was that fresh - you're getting a second chance, but please be reasonable on here. That's WAY more than reasonable IMO.

We don't WANT to ban anyone. When I joined the NA staff I honestly read through the entire staff forum and you know what man these guys get shit for nothing. Were there shitty staff? In the past yeah - I noticed a few folks being pretty shitty; folks who weren't staff anymore when I got there, and who aren't staff on here. But did anyone get banned unfairly? Nope. At least not that I saw. 

We're pretty fuckin open about shit on here. So I'll be open and let you know that being a dick about shit will get you warned, and rack up enough warnings and you'll land a ban. I'm not handing out any official warnings right this instant but seriously this back and forth nitpicky game of "poke the staff" is shitty, they don't deserve it. So just cut that out.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Gloves said:

We're pretty fuckin open about shit on here. So I'll be open and let you know that being a dick about shit will get you warned, and rack up enough warnings and you'll land a ban. I'm not handing out any official warnings right this instant but seriously this back and forth nitpicky game of "poke the staff" is shitty, they don't deserve it. So just cut that out.

Your my favorite staff member member.

78CB8E5A-B227-4E57-ABFE-360C382AC97B.jpeg