IGNORED

With NA gone, can we finally talk about why some members got banned?

attakid101

look. we've all been curious about why certain NA members were banned. well now that NA has burst into flames can we talk about it? like wtf happened with BlooperandGoomba? Why was Tanooki banned? Polarbear?

Or remember that crazy fool who planned on faking his death to get his girlfriend back? he got banned and i never found out if his insane plan worked!!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, attakid101 said:

like wtf happened with BlooperandGoomba? Why was Tanooki banned? Polarbear?

Tanooki is currently here. If he wants to talk about it, he can.

Polarbear was banned for being a repeat troll. It wasn't really one thing, he just wore out his welcome.

Blooper was before my time.

Just now, Reed Rothchild said:

Aren't most of these self-explanatory?

Scammers, repeated assholes, and guys who the mods try to work with and repay that by throwing it in their face

That is accurate for pretty much anybody that got a hammer swing from me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

Are the moderators here the same as the moderators that were banning everyone over there? It seemed like people were constantly getting banned, looking at the first page of any thread a year old showed a few avatars of users past.

Does this mean the NA campout stories will be revealed? I never made it to one, but I've heard crazy stuff.

2 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Doubt it, but not like PSerge would ever know since he refuses to participate here.

I thought he made an account, but not sure he posted anything. I thought Adam was the only holdout and I guess he's a free agent after he posted over there that he was done with them.

Just now, Bearcat-Doug said:

I thought he made an account, but not sure he posted anything. I thought Adam was the only holdout and I guess he's a free agent after he posted over there that he was done with them.

He did that just so nobody would take his username.  He declared that anybody that came over here was "dead to him" or some shit.  

So who knows.   I guess anything's possible.

6 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

He did that just so nobody would take his username.  He declared that anybody that came over here was "dead to him" or some shit.  

So who knows.   I guess anything's possible.

I don't think he was much of a fan of mine from early on for whatever reason. I had to come over and claim my username because if @Gloves ever moved to Cincinnati, I was afraid he would take it. Too many Dougs in this place...

Events Team · Posted
13 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

17 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Doubt it, but not like PSerge would ever know since he refuses to participate here.

So you're saying there's a chance!  @Paul 🎶 Baby come back! You can blame it all on me. 🎶

Here is the real answer.  Probably 80-90% of the banned avatars were people making a new account that had been banned before.  They didn't necessarily do anything new, but they still weren't welcome back the 2nd, 3rd....20th (yes there were people who had been banned more than 20 times) time that they came back.  

I was always willing to tell people why someone was banned if they asked, it was just in poor taste to blast people publicly especially if they couldn't defend themselves. We kept specific records of bad behavior, and rarely was anyone banned for just one thing, it was usually an accumulation of infractions.  The problem with sharing that now is that all of those details are gone.  Recalling the specifics of everything that led up to a random dude being banned years ago from memory alone is pretty tough. 

• Like 1