IGNORED

With NA gone, can we finally talk about why some members got banned?

attakid101

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, ookii_risu said:

If I remember correctly, I think he was caught cheating in the contests. Scratch that. there was someone... can't remember.

Well, you had something here Tonya, here's the whole thing. While playing as dev(2) and Dennis Fleaman (legit username change), the guy seemed to be pretty clean with his scores 99% of the times, except during the 2012 tournament (which was also the first NES weekly contest tournament). I have no proof of him cheating per say, but his scores were total fluke compared to what he used to post, especially during the final round. The good thing is that since rdrunner was in the final, he saved the day and won, so there wasn't any need to further question Dennis Fleaman scores.

Moral of the story is, even when you plan on cheating, Tom will still beat you in a NES contest.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Who here remembers Siyah Beyaz? He goes by many other names, but he's the "I'm unban. I HATE BAN!" guy. I think he was from Turkey? Fun times. lol

I still have the old HOS list in a form of a text file from a few years ago before it was shut down. I mean, I really don't know if I should fully air this out here or not so I'll take it to PMs rather than paste the whole thing here. So to anyone curious, PM me. I hope that's okay (Mods: if it isn't, edit this, PM me to tell me that I'm grounded for a week, and send me to my room with no supper. lol)

Because the fact that it was shut down YEARS ago, it's best to keep in mind that it shouldn't completely hold true to this day. It is an old list so things have changed, people change, bygones, etc. There's also the fact that people were banned after it was shut down, so it's not a be-all, end-all. Just a little piece of NA history that I happened to have saved.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BouncekDeLemos said:

Who here remembers Siyah Beyaz? He goes by many other names, but he's the "I'm unban. I HATE BAN!" guy. I think he was from Turkey? Fun times. lol

I don't remember him posting on NA, but I'm pretty sure he's appeared on various other forums.  if it's the same guy, he's comedy gold.

Edited by Jono1874

9 minutes ago, Jono1874 said:

I don't remember him posting on NA, but I'm pretty sure he's appeared on various other forums.  if it's the same guy, he's comedy gold.

Oh, he definitely posted on NA. Typing in all caps nonsense like "INVISIBLE USER" and wanting random stuff like Sailor Moon info and why there was punching in Arch Rivals. He also would bump this threads every minute if he didn't get an answer.

• Like 1

Just now, Tulpa said:

Oh, he definitely posted on NA. Typing in all caps nonsense like "INVISIBLE USER" and wanting random stuff like Sailor Moon info and why there was punching in Arch Rivals. He also would bump this threads every minute if he didn't get an answer.

Oh yeah, that's definitely him. XD

Events Team · Posted
22 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

I never felt more proud than when I finally beat Zanac and he was one of the first to congratulate me. 🙂

That's one of the thing that I always liked about him, he's a genuine class act!

No matter what incredibly high scores he could do at certain games, he would always act sympathetic and down to Earth in acknowledging others' achievements. You just know he truly mean it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tulpa said:

3 hours ago, Jono1874 said:

Oh yeah, that's definitely him. XD

Yep, same guy. lol

He'd soon get banned after all the thread bumping, then months later come back with a sock puppet account. Mods from many forums has had their share of field-days with this one for sure.

Some highlights I found from Famicomworld:

https://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=12973.0
https://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=13223.0
https://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=13464.0

This one takes the cake though. It's just the answer he got just cracks me up. lol

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20170505104337AAmmS0o

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So I've learned something today about the site, turns out mods are like state troopers, they have a ban quota, just like the post quota. I always figured they had a ban button on their desk to make it easier to do the ban, is that true? 

It also seems that I was too late to bring up unban, LEAVE 'EM ALONE! HE JUST HATES THE BAN!!!

9 hours ago, BouncekDeLemos said:

*sniff* He could had been my new friend, until he got banned...several times.... 

and let us not forget "The Pulse of NA" bloopergoomba or whatever the fuck it was. lmao

Fireyreign and the creation of sega reference dipping and cornball c*cksuckers , aaahhh the memories...

Edited by MuNKeY

That's the downside to losing my messages at NA; there was some comedy gold in there for responses from these pricks.

Whereas a normal person would reply to a warning message with "okay, I'll stop doing that", these peeps took it to a whole new level.

My favorite was the internet tough guy who thought he was gonna come kick my ass.  

1 hour ago, captmorgandrinker said:

My favorite was the internet tough guy who thought he was gonna come kick my ass.  

Was that Dutch? In all of my years of collecting, Dutch is still one of only two people to have ever sent me death threats. The other was a MMA fighter, coincidently also living within driving range from my home. For the latter, I actually had to get the authorities involved. Sold me a damaged item and lost it after PayPal ruled against him.

13 minutes ago, Splain said:

I wish Loxx would come back. I understand he used some naughty words, but from what I could gather, it was only in one thread where someone made him really mad.

He acted like quite a douche “non-publicly” On NA. One of the other guys can refresh my memory, but I think he already came back and got banned

8 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

He acted like quite a douche “non-publicly” On NA. One of the other guys can refresh my memory, but I think he already came back and got banned

Did he get banned? I saw a flurry of posts from him over one or two days, but nothing that seemed too bad. He did delete his picture in the mugshot thread and said, "I'm out." Maybe something happened off board?

Edited by Tulpa

1 hour ago, MrWunderful said:

Nobody banned him; he was here for a day or two and then took his ball and went home.

1 hour ago, Speedy_NES said:

Was that Dutch? In all of my years of collecting, Dutch is still one of only two people to have ever sent me death threats. The other was a MMA fighter, coincidently also living within driving range from my home. For the latter, I actually had to get the authorities involved. Sold me a damaged item and lost it after PayPal ruled against him.

Nope.   I never really interacted with him much.

It's been well over a decade since I've been in a fight, but it's not like you forget how (and the laws of physics still apply).