@koifish

@ZeldaFan042

@Fleck586

@The Count

@RH

@a3quit4s

@wongojack

@WalterWhiteJr.

It's that time again kids. Sign ups begin now and run to January 31 2024 (Closed) That should be enough time for people to find this thread and sign up. 

Shipping/Handling:

1: The Large flat rate box is to be replaced by every person

2: The Large flat rate box(Only through USPS) will be kept for a max of 7 days. If the 7th day is on the weekend/holiday you will have the until next business day. The 7 day limit is to allow for as many people to participate as possible without it taking forever to get to the next person.

3. Once you get the box you will post in the thread that you received it. You will pm the next person on the list with a tracking number ( also don’t put your personal address in the main thread, that is in pm as well). Once you send out the box post inform the thread here that you have done so.

4. Please don't change your username on here until after you receive the box so there is no confusion on where it will go off to next.

Contents:

Do NOT put these items in the box:

• Plushies or large figurine containers
  • No forms of liquids (we know how the usps will handle an item.) 
  • No Magnets
  • No end beef or crans
  • Try not to put duplicate items

I know shit happens and intent and execution are two different things. If you find at any time you cannot continue to participate, contact me at once and I will make the necessary changes. Providing of course, you contact me before the box ships to you.

It is assumed that when you sign on to participate in this box, that you are interested in doing so. That being the case, it is up to you to be proactive and ready to receive the box. Very little, I repeat, very little time will be spent attempting to contact participants who have not logged on the forum in days/weeks or respond to pm. I will attempt to make this as efficient and expedient as well as beneficial as possible to all."

To Sign Up:

respond to this thread stating the nearest major city and state you are in.

Tentative participation list:

The Count (KY)

RH (NC)

Koifish (WA)

Splain (AZ)

Fleck586 (MO)

Zeldafan042 (ND)

a3quit4s (NY)

Edited by LeatherRebel5150

I'll join in if we can get 5 or more people.  Also, can we reverse the shipping path?  I think the last time or two I participated I was either the first or second person to receive the box.  It'd be nice to be toward the end to see how more people have contributed to the randomness.

If not, sign me up anyway.  I think I skipped the last box or two, and it'd be fun to do this again.

4 minutes ago, koifish said:

Help me out here, what are these things? I have never heard of these before.

Anyway, I am in. Nearest major city is Seattle or Tacoma.

There was a some kind of in joke when other people ran this about putting packs of crayons and/or jerky in the box. When I started doing this I nixed it. Id rather there be more room for gaming items and not just random stuff for a joke

5 hours ago, spacepup said:

I'd like to be removed from the ping-list as I don't plan on participating anymore, but thank you for hosting them in the past, and good luck!

I don’t really have a ping list other then just copying and pasting the list of people who participated last time.  

But I see how it is, guy comes in last time and takes the whole cd binder that was supposed to be for people to put loose games in and wants out. Very “coincidental”

/s

42 minutes ago, spacepup said:

I think I still have that if you'd like it for future boxes.  I took that out purely to make room for stuff.  Not joking, I can send to you if you want it.

Lol no it’s fine, I was going nuts the other day getting this ready and thought I misplaced it somehow until I saw it in your picture when I was checking for everyone that participated last time in the last thread. 

I was just bustin your balls

7 hours ago, RH said:

I'll join in if we can get 5 or more people.  Also, can we reverse the shipping path?  I think the last time or two I participated I was either the first or second person to receive the box.  It'd be nice to be toward the end to see how more people have contributed to the randomness.

If not, sign me up anyway.  I think I skipped the last box or two, and it'd be fun to do this again.

I changed how I do the shipping slightly since the last time you were in it.  While I still try to track a path across the country in some kind of order to reduce in between times, the first person will always be in a different region so that it doesn't always hit the east coast people early and west coast late. 

Basically it's a long way of saying, yes Im trying not to make the same people early/late every time, so you should be fine.

That being said what state/major city are you nearest?

6 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

There was a some kind of in joke when other people ran this about putting packs of crayons and/or jerky in the box. When I started doing this I nixed it. Id rather there be more room for gaming items and not just random stuff for a joke

oh ok, only idea I had was that it was some weird gag involving spam and canned cranberries.

• Haha 1

is there any objections about including either 1) parts for things that might be useful to the repair person, or 2) stuff that almost completely works? The first is just loose parts from projects that I don't have a use for personally. My guess is its better suited for another thing. The second one I'm thinking of is an item that works 100% except the battery cover is broken. it would be fine if you replaced the battery cover, I just haven't been arsed to do it. Not sure if these two cases are okay or not.

2 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I changed how I do the shipping slightly since the last time you were in it.  While I still try to track a path across the country in some kind of order to reduce in between times, the first person will always be in a different region so that it doesn't always hit the east coast people early and west coast late. 

Basically it's a long way of saying, yes Im trying not to make the same people early/late every time, so you should be fine.

That being said what state/major city are you nearest?

I’m near Charlotte, NC

Editorials Team · Posted

I'll jump on the train. I'm in Phoenix AZ.

@koifish There was a Box Train in 2020, and I was late to sign up, but I asked if I could still join. The guy running it said, and I quote:

I’ll just put you at the end beef or it ships back to me.

He must have been using speech-to-text or something, to get "beef or" instead of "before." So I said something dumb like "great! I love end beef" and then along the way, someone added some Slim Jims in the box. So it turned into a thing. But it definitely should not be in the box, lol.

Also, I'm personally in favor of "repairable" items. I might have too many projects as it is but I love to tinker and repair stuff.

23 hours ago, koifish said:

is there any objections about including either 1) parts for things that might be useful to the repair person, or 2) stuff that almost completely works? The first is just loose parts from projects that I don't have a use for personally. My guess is its better suited for another thing. The second one I'm thinking of is an item that works 100% except the battery cover is broken. it would be fine if you replaced the battery cover, I just haven't been arsed to do it. Not sure if these two cases are okay or not.

Repair stuff is fine, Ive included stuff like new gears for N64 sticks. Something missing a battery cover isn't a very big deal i don't see a problem with something like that

22 hours ago, Splain said:

@koifish There was a Box Train in 2020, and I was late to sign up, but I asked if I could still join. The guy running it said, and I quote:

He must have been using speech-to-text or something, to get "beef or" instead of "before." So I said something dumb like "great! I love end beef" and then along the way, someone added some Slim Jims in the box. So it turned into a thing. But it definitely should not be in the box, lol.

that's pretty funny, thanks for the explanation.

5 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Repair stuff is fine, Ive included stuff like new gears for N64 sticks. Something missing a battery cover isn't a very big deal i don't see a problem with something like that

got it. I'll use food judgment to proceed.

Social Team · Posted
On 1/1/2024 at 6:52 PM, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Contents:

Do NOT put these items in the box:

• Plushies or large figurine containers
  • No forms of liquids (we know how the usps will handle an item.) 
  • No Magnets
  • No end beef or crans
  • Try not to put duplicate items

Are you specifically targeting me from shipping Skyline Chili?  The beef isn't of poor quality.  I just LOOKS like meat diarrhea but actually taste really really good.

Spoiler

chili-diah.gif

Its Skyline Time GIF by Skyline Chili

• Like 2