IGNORED

Take a Game, Leave a game: Gaming Box Train 4

Ok, I have THE BOX

I need some help identifying some of these items.  There is a pouch labeled GBA SP parts, but these items were not in it.  To me this looks like some coin cell battery holders (for which system/cart?) a portable screen (is it GBA SP?) a link cable (is it also GBA?) and some plastic separators or holders of some kind.

PXL_20240320_012017882.jpg.08757e881a0b7003c3e623f4f80def73.jpg

Also what system is this copy of Disc Room for?  I would open it, but it is sealed.

PXL_20240320_012833966.jpg.43d2f4bfd1bed4dd471a5c04e4028593.jpg

7 hours ago, wongojack said:

Ok, I have THE BOX

I need some help identifying some of these items.  There is a pouch labeled GBA SP parts, but these items were not in it.  To me this looks like some coin cell battery holders (for which system/cart?) a portable screen (is it GBA SP?) a link cable (is it also GBA?) and some plastic separators or holders of some kind.

Also what system is this copy of Disc Room for?  I would open it, but it is sealed.

I can answer one thing. The battery holders are generic. You can use them whatever way you can get them to fit in any given cart that uses a battery (NES, N64, blah blah) The little gear looking things with them are replacement gears for N64 controllers so someone can refurbish they’re dead analog stick in the controller. 

The rest I don’t know

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wongojack said:

Ok, I have THE BOX

1 hour ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I can answer one thing. The battery holders are generic. You can use them whatever way you can get them to fit in any given cart that uses a battery (NES, N64, blah blah) The little gear looking things with them are replacement gears for N64 controllers so someone can refurbish they’re dead analog stick in the controller. 

The rest I don’t know

I have heard that people have tried those coin holders in GB games and they do not fit.  To be clear, what I mean is that you can sure solder-fit it on your GB game, but then the case won’t close right and the game will bulge.

I’d assume that’s obvious but sometimes we all learn by making mistakes and I have observed a couple people that have tried.  Fortunately, I am not that person this time. 😛

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses.  I'm tagging @koifish as I think he mentioned putting parts in here.

I'm afraid for the safety of these parts as it seems one of those N64 gears has broken and what looks like some case parts for a GBA SP are also cracked.  I think I may take all the parts out and keep them or offer them here to this group for distribution "manually."  I could also re-package them in a sturdy box of their own to try and avoid any further "smooshing."

Is anyone here currently shopping for GBA repair parts?

Ok folks, the Box is on its way to @WalterWhiteJr..  Here's what I took out.  I was trying to diversify as it was kinda WiiU heavy.  That's ok by me as I didn't have these WiiU games (or anything else pictured below)

PXL_20240323_164818509.jpg.30cb0003a9db8c4b46afdd82c77d1626.jpg

Here's what was left of the small parts already in the box that I took out.  I think most of this is Gameboy related.  I have no immediate use for any of this, but I do have a small collection of GBA SPs, and I like to tinker, so it makes sense to keep it safe with me.  If anyone on the thread wants this stuff, let me know and I will get it to you.

PXL_20240323_164414766.jpg.f22b31bc0a87164a09b5309c494ad137.jpg

And . . . I had planned to include these parts in the box, but I decided against it.  I've got the parts to let you rebuild a couple of 2600 joysticks.  It's a couple of drop-in boards (no soldering) and some new joystick parts.  If anyone wants to rebuild a 2600 stick, lemme know, and I will walk you through it.

PXL_20240323_163627604.jpg.7a90ad77fdfaef8d4ccf211d58142b81.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

Oh, and I also kept all of those coin battery holders and N64 joystick parts.  If you want one of those, I will get it to you.

Also - I thought I had de-duplicated, but I found many more things that I can include in a future box.  Exited to participate again if it goes around another time.

Edited by wongojack

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, wongojack said:

So it looks like we are at the end of the list.  I'm interested to see what @WalterWhiteJr. takes from the box, but I'm also new to this.  What happens at the end?

At the end it comes back to me, I'll take something for myself like everyone else and take a picture of everything that came in the box so all can see what was in it when it got back.. Then In a couple on months start over again. I usually send it out twice a year. Once after the holidays and once somewhere in the summer. 

The two time frames allows for people to get new stuff in the holiday season and maybe clean out some old stuff to make room and put it in the box, and similarly in the summer after the "spring cleaning" season when everyone can also hit up the flea markets and garage sales and maybe find some more stuff. Exact dates are just based on me getting to it 

I give a month for people to find the thread and sign up and then depending on how shipping goes (this time was surprisingly efficient and I think the fastest it has ever gone) a couple months to make the round.

Edited by LeatherRebel5150
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Box has returned to home base, and this is what ended the trip. Quite impressed with the variety of systems represented this time. And really surprised no one took Twilight Princess, I woudve thought if any game would never start and end in the same box it would be a zelda game

Thanks all who participated and made this a smooth ride this time. See you again in a few months!

IMG_0274.jpeg

• Like 1