IGNORED

Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

phart010

On 4/22/2023 at 9:50 PM, CMR said:

I would say all the way back before the NES.  It was the philosophy of Gunpei Yokoi that the entire company ultimately adopted.  He called it "Lateral thinking with withered technology".  The basic idea is to take a cheap, mature and well known piece of tech and adapt it to new ideas.

I think their application to their next Zelda game might be taking this too far. Triforce does look cool tho'

waterzelda.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1
  • Haha 2

Seems like GameStop’s got extra collectors editions in. Had the standard paid off but they let you come early to claim your spot in line - I was able to grab one of the extra collectors editions. Get to GS early if you are doing midnight and they are doing numbers for the queue early and you might get lucky

Administrator · Posted

I have a regular edition scheduled to arrive tomorrow.  Unfortunately, I'll be pretty busy this weekend so I may not have time to try it out, but I'll get to it relatively soon.  A few people have received today even.  Hope everyone enjoys and has a great weekend!

59 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Mine won't arrive until Next Tuesday cuz Amazon just straight up refuses to offer faster shipping for the game. 😕

Haven’t ordered a new release game from them since they did away with the 20% off and even that was almost not waiting until like 3-4pm on release day lol

2 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

What if it's like Majora's Mask, and we have to wait 10+ years before professing our hatred?  I need to seethe now!

Then we better just skip GOTY and declare TotK the greatest game of the 20s.  Go ahead and give elf boy it’s flowers so we can hurry up and start dunking on it.

1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

Well the question becomes can I stay awake till 11:45 pm to go get my game lol

Nap now.  Wake up and play all night!

• Like 1

You guys will have to get back to me here once you've had the chance to play it.

I am pretty burned out on BOTW, and this game looks very similar to me, so I am probably gonna put off buying it for a while.

If you guys think it's worth playing even if you've already done the original to death then I'll give it a go, so lete know how you get on!

Editorials Team · Posted
11 minutes ago, OptOut said:

You guys will have to get back to me here once you've had the chance to play it.

I am pretty burned out on BOTW, and this game looks very similar to me, so I am probably gonna put off buying it for a while.

If you guys think it's worth playing even if you've already done the original to death then I'll give it a go, so lete know how you get on!

Oh, it's at least almost as good as Link to the Past.  You're welcome.

• Wow! 1

58 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Oh, it's at least almost as good as Link to the Past.  You're welcome.

Not a troll question, but does Like to the Past actually get enjoyable? It's the only Zelda game I haven't played and I'm currently playing it but it's a bit boring. I just got up to the Dark World and so far A Link Between Worlds is far superior.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

Editorials Team · Posted
14 minutes ago, Brickman said:

Not a troll question, but does Like to the Past actually get enjoyable? It's the only Zelda game I haven't played and I'm currently playing it but it's a bit boring. I just got up to the Dark World and so far A Link Between Worlds is far superior.

14 minutes ago, Brickman said:

Nope. SNES sux.

LBW is pretty sweet though.

• Haha 1