IGNORED

Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

phart010

1 hour ago, Andy_Bogomil said:

I kinda feel like this is the Tony Hawk 2 of new Zelda... just kinda of expanded on the same game, looks a bit better, handles a bit better, and the new ideas are enough to keep it fresh. It's definitely built on the Botw foundation 

In my opinion THPS2 was the breakthrough game. So while both were built on a previous construct, I would say TotK wouldn't and shouldn't be expected to have the buzz about a very fresh take on genre like what was going on with the Tony Hawk series. 

50 minutes ago, Link said:

In my opinion THPS2 was the breakthrough game. So while both were built on a previous construct, I would say TotK wouldn't and shouldn't be expected to have the buzz about a very fresh take on genre like what was going on with the Tony Hawk series. 

So, TotK is more like Tony Hawk's Underground? 🤔

On 5/16/2023 at 7:02 AM, Link said:

I don't know about that... Tony Hawk 1 was absolutely huge from my memory. THPS2 did come out within a year of the first one though, so it was quickly 'replaced'.

• Like 1

One addition that I've really enjoyed:

Spoiler

In BOTW, there were wells all over the place, but they were always closed up.  That disappointed me.  In TOTK, I have yet to find a well that I can't explore.

In addition, there are also new chasms s all over Hyrule that are filled with "gloom."  These seem to be explorable, but I can't find a way in without getting killed.  There is still a lot to learn, but I plan to play the game as long as possible without looking at a guide.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

Another welcome addition:

Hide contents

I found some sticky frogs that can be cooked into an elixir that allows you to climb in rain.  I also talked to an NPC that hinted that there might be wet climbing gear.  

Spoiler

The Newspaper office outside of Rito has that set of gear as a reward for a side quest.  Unsure if it is better to get this or just fly into Rito.

About that gear

• Like 1

Been wandering around. Got the master sword which is awesome. Beat the first three regional phenomenon. Upgraded my fierce deity armor a bunch. Lots O shrines. I think I’m at 11-12 hearts. Weapon fusing is definitely a nice addition. Attaching random stuff to arrows is fun and being able to sort stuff while attaching to arrows is clutch. I’ve been riding around on dragons collecting their parts for upgrades. I haven’t really done anything with the zonai I have, I should probably refine it and get some extra cells. I’ll probably finish out the main story this week and continue to do random stuff till grow sick of it lol

I mean it’s an improvement over BotW which is saying something. I need to explore the depths more. I would argue against team DLC and say it’s a standalone game worth the $70 price tag. If you’ve just come from BotW though you might want to take a breather before starting this lol

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Like 1

On 5/17/2023 at 3:39 PM, a3quit4s said:

I would argue against team DLC and say it’s a standalone game worth the $70 price tag. If you’ve just come from BotW though you might want to take a breather before starting this lol

There is so much that went into this game and it really shows. In my opinion it’s worth like $200.

Honestly after playing this, there’s really no point in ever going back to play Breath of the Wild. 

4 hours ago, OptOut said:

One of my online MD game purchases came mailed in this:

IMG20230521124640.jpg.642f5918814884ad16b0159c11eca42c.jpg

If any of you guys want this for your collection, buy some of my doubles and I'll post em to you in it! 😂

They sent you 20 copies of nothing?

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Link said:

They sent you 20 copies of nothing?

Huh? I bought some Mega Drive games from a seller online and it came in this box.

If you inspect the label carefully, it would APPEAR this box once contained copies of Tears of the Kingdom! 😲

I'm planning on throwing this box away in due course, but if someone acts quickly and buys shit off me, they may get lucky and receive this in the mail! 😄

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, OptOut said:

Huh? I bought some Mega Drive games from a seller online and it came in this box.

If you inspect the label carefully, it would APPEAR this box once contained copies of Tears of the Kingdom! 😲

I'm planning on throwing this box away in due course, but if someone acts quickly and buys shit off me, they may get lucky and receive this in the mail! 😄

I think he's riffing on that type and part code are both all zeroes. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, OptOut said:

Actually, I do have some MD and XBOX doubles too but I haven't updated shit... Ah fuck, I'm not ready! 😩

it took a couple of minutes, too! There's been a lot of fiberOptic signs listed for sale here.

I lost track of time last night ended up going beyond midnight, but I knocked off a few more shrines, found a horse, lost it?? and then saw I could pull my 2 horses over from the first game so...yeah, that one is loyal.  Eventually stumbled on Kakariko, climbed around the mountains.  Up there did see a shrine, unlocked it, and a few others going out that way but lack of time unlocked, not finished I guess 3.  I've got 1/4 needed for a boost, had 9 so got up to 5 hearts and +1 stamina sliver which is nice.  The game seems at times to love to dump you on a point where you can get wrecked twice, double tapped in a moblin drive by...ugh, infuriating.

I'm having trouble at this rate finding focus, says to do these 4 points, and the one I guess to do first is Rito?  I saw the comment about the ring, saw the big donut in the mountains so I just went the opposite direction.  I did slug it out and get a bit sneaky(cost me my arrows) and did a 2nd tower the one with the huge moblin fort.  Lit them up with fire and bombs enough to get inside and rush the door.  I found another but I'm confused, has a locked door with someone standing outside who wanted in too but no way to crack the opening. 😞

I don't want to ruin things, but confusing also is the camera thing that popped up just south of the town base in the depths.  It's a primary, but is that necessary already or whenever?

Edited by Tanooki

I'm not as many hours into the game as I would like to be due to my schedule and the fact that I'm sharing the game with my kids, but I'm still enjoying it overall.  So far, I feel like there is less guidance in this game compared to BOTW.  Maybe I just haven't ran into the right NPCs yet, but it feels like less guidance.  As I mentioned before, I plan to paly as long as I can without using a guide, so I'm not looking for tips or tricks right now.  Just trying to figure it out as I go.  

• Agree 1

I made it to the final mini boss fight before the main last boss and I was not ready. I need to supply up and head back in. Frigging ran out of arrows! Why can you not craft them lol

Actual spoiler below 

Spoiler

Also what kind of psycho puts a Silver Lynel on the way to the final boss lol

Edited by a3quit4s