IGNORED

Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

phart010

3 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

About 135 hours according to my profile.  How about you?

I'm not where close to that. I've been quite busy for the past couple of months.  Most of my gaming has been short sessions on handhelds at bed time, and that's not much.

I'm guessing I've logged about 20 hours.  Maybe.  This is just a game where I want to dedicate time too it when things slow down, but I'm just not there at this season of my life.

15 minutes ago, RH said:

I'm not where close to that. I've been quite busy for the past couple of months.  Most of my gaming has been short sessions on handhelds at bed time, and that's not much.

I'm guessing I've logged about 20 hours.  Maybe.  This is just a game where I want to dedicate time too it when things slow down, but I'm just not there at this season of my life.

I started out pretty slow as well.  Typically, my free time for gaming starts after kids go to bed and lasts until I'm ready to fall asleep.  And sometimes I have other things to do during that time as well.  

I feel like I might be getting close to the burn out point in which I will attempt to beat the game and then take a break.  After a sufficient break, I will come back to the things I missed in my initial playthrough and at some point hopefully 100% the game.  That's basically what I did with BOTW.  I played a lot of the game initially and then beat it and took a break for a year or two.  Eventually I got back to it and finished all of the outstanding things including finding all korok seeds and getting 100% map completion.  TOTK is so much bigger.  I can't imagine how long it will take to do everything.

Edited by TDIRunner
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well, after approximately 170 hours, I decided to beat the game and take a break.  I plan to eventually come back and finish everything that is remaining, but I'm ready to move on to some other games.  Overall, I think I enjoyed this game more than BOTW, although I think BOTW started and ended better than TOTK.  But overall, the additions to TOTK makes it the superior game.

My ending statistics:

Spoiler
  • 68.9% Map completion
  • 148/152 shrines completed 
  • 120/120 lightroots found 
  • 326/1,000 korok seeds found 
  • 16/23 Main Quests completed
  • 58/60 Side Adventures completed
  • 29/31 Shrine Quests completed
  • 73/139 Side Quests completed
  • 15/18 Memories found 
  • 397/509 Hyrule Compendium pictures taken
  • 100/135 armor pieces (I think 135 is the total)
  • 21/29 Paraglider skins located
  • 11/12 Schema stones located
  • 21/34 Yiga schematics located
  • 15/31 old maps found
  • 83/147 Bubbul gems found
  • 44/58 wells found
  • 11/11 horse gear items acquired
  • No monster medals yet

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 9/24/2023 at 2:52 AM, TDIRunner said:

Well, after approximately 170 hours, I decided to beat the game and take a break.  I plan to eventually come back and finish everything that is remaining, but I'm ready to move on to some other games.  Overall, I think I enjoyed this game more than BOTW, although I think BOTW started and ended better than TOTK.  But overall, the additions to TOTK makes it the superior game.

My ending statistics:

Hide contents
  • 68.9% Map completion
  • 148/152 shrines completed 
  • 120/120 lightroots found 
  • 326/1,000 korok seeds found 
  • 16/23 Main Quests completed
  • 58/60 Side Adventures completed
  • 29/31 Shrine Quests completed
  • 73/139 Side Quests completed
  • 15/18 Memories found 
  • 397/509 Hyrule Compendium pictures taken
  • 100/135 armor pieces (I think 135 is the total)
  • 21/29 Paraglider skins located
  • 11/12 Schema stones located
  • 21/34 Yiga schematics located
  • 15/31 old maps found
  • 83/147 Bubbul gems found
  • 44/58 wells found
  • 11/11 horse gear items acquired
  • No monster medals yet

Spoiler

I liked how BOTW started but I liked how TOTK ended way more. The whole thing with Zelda turning into a dragon brought a tear to my eye

• Agree 1

On 12/30/2023 at 1:09 PM, Code Monkey said:

Dude. Spoilers.

Not for me, I've finished it, but SPOILERS!

There is a finite window of time after the game releases that you have to take care not to share any spoilers.

If anyone hasn’t played the game by now, that’s their problem.

• Disagree 3

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, phart010 said:

There is a finite window of time after the game releases that you have to take care not to share any spoilers.

If anyone hasn’t played the game by now, that’s their problem.

Heavy disagree, end-game spoilers don't need to be stated so openly; I've added a spoiler tag to your post.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Gloves said:

Heavy disagree, end-game spoilers don't need to be stated so openly; I've added a spoiler tag to your post.

For real 😧 

Are we also not allowed to talk about how

Spoiler

Mario 2 on NES was just a dream?

• Haha 1

On 12/31/2023 at 9:22 PM, phart010 said:

I'm not sure what king of logic even supports this. 🤣 There's no window - if someone hasn't played a game they probably don't want it spoiled no matter if it's been a year or 50. I think this is common sense.

• Agree 1