IGNORED

Limited Run Games

8 hours ago, Jicsan said:

I've been ready to add Castlevania Anniversary Collection to my own collection ever since LRG announced it last summer.  With the state of Konami's game production, this could possibly be the final physical Castlevania game that I can add.  I hope that isn't the case... I would still buy this anyway, because Castlevania.

We can only hope this does well enough to convince Konami to allow Limited Run to do Castlevania Requiem. 

• Like 2

Easy pass

Screenshot-from-2021-05-05-14-15-42.png

Also, what's up with so many FMV games coming out of the UK?

Erica-Market-Banner-Standard-PS4.webp

I actually really enjoy FMV games, but when they're good and interesting such as The Seventh Guest, Tex Murphy, etc. Now, I haven't played "Erica" but I did see the trailer and it looks terrible! Like a poorly produced BBC production with a shoestring budget using the best actors you can get for free. I did play The Bunker which came out a few years ago and had the novelty of a good actor (Adam Brown) and it was filmed in an actual underground "secret" bunker which was cool, but it was nowhere near as good as classic FMV games but I'm willing to bet far better than Erica.

1 hour ago, avatar! said:

I actually really enjoy FMV games, but when they're good and interesting such as The Seventh Guest, Tex Murphy, etc. Now, I haven't played "Erica" but I did see the trailer and it looks terrible! Like a poorly produced BBC production with a shoestring budget using the best actors you can get for free. I did play The Bunker which came out a few years ago and had the novelty of a good actor (Adam Brown) and it was filmed in an actual underground "secret" bunker which was cool, but it was nowhere near as good as classic FMV games but I'm willing to bet far better than Erica.

Ughhh, The Bunker was so bad. I can't believe I paid to have it immortalized in blu ray form.

• Haha 1

I love Among Us, but it's neither a game that really needs to be preserved physically nor does this release preserve it since it's just an online game. It's like a $25 gift box full of some Amogus knick knacks you would buy at Target. Like a steelbook case around a concept art DVD, come on, lol.

Administrator · Posted

LOL @ Among Us physical release. 

This generation of games is really going the be the biggest test for fullset collectors. Good fuckin' luck at this rate. Stupid shit that won't work in 10 years like Among Us, and even stupider (more stupid? more stupider? Jupiter?) shit like the literal piece of shit game (Poop Slinger) on PS4. Goooood luuuuuck.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Gloves said:

This generation of games is really going the be the biggest test for fullset collectors. Good fuckin' luck at this rate. Stupid shit that won't work in 10 years like Among Us, and even stupider (more stupid? more stupider? Jupiter?) shit like the literal piece of shit game (Poop Slinger) on PS4. Goooood luuuuuck.

Damn Gloves!  Dont hold back, tell it like it is!!! LOL...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gloves said:

Don't forget that you'll need Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Assassin's Creed Odyssey Deluxe Edition, Assassin's Creed Odyssey Gold Edition, Assassin's Creed Odyssey Gold Steelbook Edition, Assassin's Creed Odyssey Kassandra Edition, Assassin's Creed Odyssey Medusa Edition, Assassin's Creed Odyssey Omega Edition, Assassin's Creed Odyssey Pantheon Edition, and Assassin's Creed Odyssey Spartan Edition.

• Haha 1

Administrator · Posted
8 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Don't forget that you'll need Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Assassin's Creed Odyssey Deluxe Edition, Assassin's Creed Odyssey Gold Edition, Assassin's Creed Odyssey Gold Steelbook Edition, Assassin's Creed Odyssey Kassandra Edition, Assassin's Creed Odyssey Medusa Edition, Assassin's Creed Odyssey Omega Edition, Assassin's Creed Odyssey Pantheon Edition, and Assassin's Creed Odyssey Spartan Edition.

I'm a full set collector, not a variant collector! I'm not insane!

• Haha 2

On 5/5/2021 at 3:45 PM, Gloves said:

I think you will have a fracture in PS4 collecting. You will have the direhard fullset collectors who want anything with an ESRB logo on it. Then you will have people who go for just the U.S. retail set, excluding anything you could only purchase through online stores. Some people will include VR games as part of the set, some will exclude them. 

1 hour ago, Inzoreno said:

I think you will have a fracture in PS4 collecting. You will have the direhard fullset collectors who want anything with an ESRB logo on it. Then you will have people who go for just the U.S. retail set, excluding anything you could only purchase through online stores. Some people will include VR games as part of the set, some will exclude them. 

I would think the VR games are treated similarly to the 32x games on the Genesis. Like there own separate category from the main console library 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I would think the VR games are treated similarly to the 32x games on the Genesis. Like there own separate category from the main console library 

But you have two types of VR games. Those that require VR, and those that can be played with VR. Unfortunately, the box art isn't always consistent. 

On 5/8/2021 at 2:43 PM, Tabonga said:

There is going to be another collectors edition of Brigandine released in Europe which is much different than the Limited Run version:

Iw9SdACfpRezZ7FpnyEAfhHynEICWb2olIpAfH8XMcU.jpg.7b5a8cb3cd7b525a0f2e39fade70d616.jpg

Although I have the Limited Run version I am really tempted to get this one also since it has much neater content IMHO.

Have you played the game? What are your thoughts? Is there a link to the European version?

9 hours ago, avatar! said:

Have you played the game? What are your thoughts? Is there a link to the European version?

There is this: 

http://numskullgames.com/project/brigandine/

Playasia also has it listed.

-------------------------

I am assuming the game itself is the same as the Limited Run one. Maybe  Limited Run only got exclusive licensing (for a limited time) for any NA releases.  Or the Japan (which is yet another collectors version) and Europe releases sub licensed in some manner from Limited Run.

I have played it a couple of times and I did not like it nearly as well as the original.  They basically took out everything that I really liked about the original.  

What they did was beef up (way up) the strength of everything (and added way too many monsters which are hard to distinguish on screen - the original had fewer types of units that were visually very easy to spot) so it just becomes a slug fest.  In the original you could  often use the special skills of generally lesser units* to turn the tide of battle. Also in the original the battles lasted no more than 12 turns so they went pretty quickly - the new game they just seem to slog on forever. 

*I particularly liked the centaurs - you put a bunch of high centaurs under an artemis and  you could do some serious hurt on an enemy - often taking out an enemy leader on one turn.

------------------------------------------

I wish they would reissue the original with a translation of Grand Brigandine on switch.   That would be really awesome.

Edited by Tabonga

It is tempting, just not sure I want to bother when it's also going to PC...where it won't be locked to just one system/firmware.

I also have been a bit aggravated, they said like what two weeks ago that Shantae was going to be shipping out, and well, it's still not.  And not a word... real professional, respectful of buyers and all that.

15 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I also have been a bit aggravated, they said like what two weeks ago that Shantae was going to be shipping out, and well, it's still not.  And not a word... real professional, respectful of buyers and all that.

my copy of Shantae (GBC) shipped yesterday. scheduled to arrive on Tuesday. not quite "Q1" that was promised, or even "April" that was their update, but on its way.

7 minutes ago, twiztor said:

my copy of Shantae (GBC) shipped yesterday. scheduled to arrive on Tuesday. not quite "Q1" that was promised, or even "April" that was their update, but on its way.

No mail still on mine.  I do check on it at the site, and as it sits now it has been sitting in the green with on-hand for a little time now, yet still unfulfilled for whatever reason.  So they have it, they're just not shipping it.  It was to ship with Doom 64 Switch, which has been on hand even longer, so there's really no reason other than a lazy screw up or something.

Might be worth emailing them to see what their problem is exactly.

3 hours ago, Sir Centroid said:

Are we just going to ignore the fact that LRG will be releasing physical copies of Zombies Ate my Neighbors + Ghoul Patrol on Ps4, XBO & Nintendo Switch? Definitely going to be grabbing myself a copy!

I think it's interesting, but I am starting to draw the line with these re-pop's. 

6 hours ago, Tanooki said:

It is tempting, just not sure I want to bother when it's also going to PC...where it won't be locked to just one system/firmware.

I also have been a bit aggravated, they said like what two weeks ago that Shantae was going to be shipping out, and well, it's still not.  And not a word... real professional, respectful of buyers and all that.

Understandable, I'm just liking the thought of having mobility while I play it on my Switch Lite. It's not quite the same thing when I have to lug around a less than ideal laptop to get anywhere near what could be considered "mobility" when it comes to PC gaming.

Well, I definitely can't argue with your aggravation, they've absolutely been slow to ship things out lately. Sounds like you're probably on the tail end of people who will get their copies, which sucks. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sir Centroid said:

Are we just going to ignore the fact that LRG will be releasing physical copies of Zombies Ate my Neighbors + Ghoul Patrol on Ps4, XBO & Nintendo Switch? Definitely going to be grabbing myself a copy!

It's a DotEmu release, I'd hold on to my money.

• Thanks 1