IGNORED

Limited Run Games

I've been ready to add Castlevania Anniversary Collection to my own collection ever since LRG announced it last summer.  With the state of Konami's game production, this could possibly be the final physical Castlevania game that I can add.  I hope that isn't the case... I would still buy this anyway, because Castlevania.

7 hours ago, Sumez said:

A CV collection would probably just be the half-assed one that's been out on all platforms for a couple of years now. The emulation is spotty at times, and it's an odd selection missing several central entries.

It's exactly that one, with the NES, SNES, GEN, Gameboy and famicom Kid Dracula (in english) on there with some history fluff and art thrown in.

Don't know how I feel about this - much of it is really cool, but I suspect the high price is due to the shadow box which I personally have no interest in...

Castlevania-Anniversary-Collection-Ultim

the classic collection seems more my style, and it's 1/3 the cost 🙂

Castlevania-Anniversary-Collection-Class

bet people will be scalping the "ultimate" edition starting about... now

Edited by avatar!

15 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

I'll probably get the game, but luckily since Castlevania wasn't a huge part of my childhood, it will be pretty easy for me to skip the CEs and save some money.  

It was a part of my childhood but I’m so burnt out from CE’s. I hate CE editions, they make me feel sick now.

It's a cool box that says Castlevania on it (same with Doom) which is enough to look nice on a shelf I think. The Doom ports are also some weird Unity remake thing that isn't a super great version of the game. These shadowbox CEs look so much better than their boilerplate black box CEs though. I can't drop $200 every time they get an IP that I like into a box, but I think their brand should focus on the big stuff like this and not... Metal Masters on Game Boy because they can make those cheap.

2 minutes ago, phart010 said:

It was a part of my childhood but I’m so burnt out from CE’s. I hate CE editions, they make me feel sick now.

That's not a bad thing.  I see lots of people buying CE's that I don't believe they truly want.  I think some people get them because they feel like they have to.  

26 minutes ago, Sumez said:

Turns out the opposite is the case

Oh neat, apparently it was patched in 2020. When it came out there were complaints about stretched-aspect ratio, broken music, bad lighting, so I just wrote them off as more bad console Doom ports. Cool to see that it's potentially the best console Doom port now.

This feels like information I am learning for a second time. Stop releasing broken games 😞 Once I see stretched pixels to fill a widescreen display, your company is dead to me and I won't remember that you fixed it.

Edited by DefaultGen

ARGH that's tempting toooooo tempting.  And I mean the big box set.  I hate big box sets, but that there, there's nothing I'd shelve and forget.  i'd frame that art CV3 side forward since I have a nearly immaculate CV1 box over my tv in a shadow box.  But it's that awesome soundtrack, so going on my phone converted to MP3.  I wonder why there is no Switch art *box* for that version just basic and the big one.

27 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

But it's that awesome soundtrack...

Castlevania has always had great music. It all depends on taste, but as a long-time fan of video game music, I have to say that the best Castlevania soundtracks in my opinion are these two (both released on CD in 1994 and 1995 🙂

Screenshot-from-2021-04-29-16-34-07.png

Here is Bloody Tears

• Thanks 1