IGNORED

Limited Run Games

I got to meet the LRG group several years ago when they were in St. Louis for MO Game Con.  I talked with one of their customer service reps for a little bit and I made sure to tell him how much I appreciated what they were doing.  I figured they probably hear from the haters way more than the real fans.  When people are happy, they are much less likely to speak up compared to someone who is upset.  Therefore, people in customer service tend to see mostly negative stuff.

That same weekend I also got to sit in on their panel with Doug.  We were the first people to learn about the situation that lead to the ESRB ratings going on LRG covers.  Obviously that is pretty trivial, but it was still kind of fun to be "in the know" for two weeks before they made the official announcement online.  That was the same year and convention I got to meet the Metal Jesus crew (not including Metal Jesus).  

1 hour ago, TDIRunner said:

Some of the Facebook crap is so toxic that I had to distance myself from it because it was making me hate my own hobby.  It absolutely blows me away that Facebook is somehow replacing the traditional internet forum.  

Facebook, Twitter, Youtube... you name it, there are so many trolls and assholes around that inevitably you get a bunch of shite. Truth is, some feedback and comments are quite useful, but obviously far from all. Yahoo used to allow comments which often were so terrible they just did away with them. 

1 minute ago, avatar! said:

Facebook, Twitter, Youtube... you name it, there are so many trolls and assholes around that inevitably you get a bunch of shite. Truth is, some feedback and comments are quite useful, but obviously far from all. Yahoo used to allow comments which often were so terrible they just did away with them. 

I remember a time when you only saw internet trolls on forums where people could be anonymous.  Now people do that shit with their personal Facebook account with all of their personal information available for all to see.  I know some people use fake accounts, but I've seen people say some pretty crazy shit with an account that is clearly a real account that they use for everything.  

I liked an interview I saw with the owner of Limited Run Games, he said they would get loads of emails from people wanting to cancel their orders if a game didn't sell out in 24 hours. The following day they would respond and by that time the game would be sold out. The people always changed their minds, "No, I think I'll keep it now."

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I liked an interview I saw with the owner of Limited Run Games, he said they would get loads of emails from people wanting to cancel their orders if a game didn't sell out in 24 hours. The following day they would respond and by that time the game would be sold out. The people always changed their minds, "No, I think I'll keep it now."

Scalpers scum...

unnamed (3).jpg

On 9/4/2020 at 10:58 AM, TDIRunner said:

Don't get me wrong, I understand that when a lot of interesting games come out at the same time, it can be hard on the wallet.  But I'm specifically talking about a small group of collectors who are so obsessed with having a full set, that deep down, they want LRG to fail so that they stop releasing games, and therefore, their full set will be complete.  I saw the same type of mentality at the end of the Wii U's life.  Some people didn't want any more games coming out because they didn't want to have to buy them.  Why are you full set collecting if you don't want to buy games?  I just don't understand it.  

I’m not a full set collector. Only buy games that I like. But I can relate. Limited Run has been making way too many games that I like and it’s getting tiring. When there is a game that I like and there’s only a limited opportunity to buy it, at $35 a pop, I do not have a choice.. I have to buy it.

I am ready for consoles to go all digital just so that I can get some relief from all this game buying.

1 minute ago, phart010 said:

I’m not a full set collector. Only buy games that I like. But I can relate. Limited Run has been making way too many games that I like and it’s getting tiring. When there is a game that I like and there’s only a limited opportunity to buy it, at $35 a pop, I do not have a choice.. I have to buy it.

I am ready for consoles to go all digital just so that I can get some relief from all this game buying.

Why don't you just buy them digitally now?  Nearly every single LRG release has been available digitally.  Many have been out for years already.  The fact that LRG publishes so many titles isn't a valid reason to complain.  It's literally the exact opposite.  This is what they should be doing.  I want to see LRG release as many digital only games to physical as possible.  

9 minutes ago, phart010 said:

I think I'm coming to terms with the possibility of rotating my collection (selling off some other pile of games for some other console) so I can afford to keep buying 

I've been hard at it and have gotten every single Switch LRG release so far except for 2 that I unfortunately missed (limited print collector editions) Will continue on collecting them as long as possible as just can't stop now! It's fun too, but man it can be hard to keep up sometimes especially since LRG isn't the only one by a mile.

• Wow! 1

12 hours ago, Skorp said:

I've been hard at it and have gotten every single Switch LRG release so far except for 2 that I unfortunately missed (limited print collector editions) Will continue on collecting them as long as possible as just can't stop now! It's fun too, but man it can be hard to keep up sometimes especially since LRG isn't the only one by a mile.

Wow, are you collecting ALL switch limited released games? I don't even how that's possible...

I mean, who can keep up? For example, there's the limited edition of Stranger's Wrath that's available on LRG, and then there was the other limited edition of Stranger's Wrath which is now sold out. Do you get both? 

18 hours ago, Skorp said:

Impressive. Good luck. 

3 minutes ago, Sir Centroid said:

Just saw that LRG added Half Genie Hero Ultimate Edition for the switch to their website! Thank goodness, I was so close to paying $70 for a copy on eBay. I definitely dodged a bullet on that one.

Hurry! Everyone that owns one SELL SELL SELL before the masses learn there is a cheaper way!

2 hours ago, Sir Centroid said:

Just saw that LRG added Half Genie Hero Ultimate Edition for the switch to their website! Thank goodness, I was so close to paying $70 for a copy on eBay. I definitely dodged a bullet on that one.

Figures they would do this! Fortunately they don’t have the launch edition I paid $120 for 😅

2 hours ago, Sir Centroid said:

I know they released a limited Day-One edition, and that certainly has gone up in value, but the regular edition too? Dang... Shantae has a cult following or what!

1 hour ago, avatar! said:

I know they released a limited Day-One edition, and that certainly has gone up in value, but the regular edition too? Dang... Shantae has a cult following or what!

Oh yeah, Shantae fans are crazy. I would know, seeing as how I briefly considered paying $400 for a Shantae cartridge a while back. 🤪

1 hour ago, MiamiSlice said:

Figures they would do this! Fortunately they don’t have the launch edition I paid $120 for 😅

Your investment is safe! For now..

• Haha 1

I'm waiting as well.  At this point in time, I'm just planning on getting the regular GBC version.  The other games I already have on PS4 and I'm not enough of a fan to double up on these games for a different system.  If I can bundle it with something else in the next few weeks to save on shipping, I'll do that.  I might get the cards too just because I really enjoy their trading cards and they aren't too expensive.  

I'm very thankful this is an open order. Imagine if it was limited to a few thousand copies? Oh the madness and scalping... but again, it's nice that this is NOT the case 🙂

So yeah, I'm in the waiting bandwagon. They also have the Sept 11th Megabundle... I've never bothered to check, do you get some discount with that? 

1 hour ago, avatar! said:

I'm very thankful this is an open order. Imagine if it was limited to a few thousand copies? Oh the madness and scalping... but again, it's nice that this is NOT the case 🙂

So yeah, I'm in the waiting bandwagon. They also have the Sept 11th Megabundle... I've never bothered to check, do you get some discount with that? 

I didn't take the time to do the math, but historically, there is no discount on any mega bundle.  It's designed to make it easier/quicker to get everything in your cart at once when you are dealing with stuff that's not part of a pre-order.  Sometimes, those mega bundles guarantee you a gold trading card or some other small bonus.