IGNORED

Limited Run Games

• Thanks 1

Editorials Team · Posted
13 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

I'm so turned off right now. Two releases? Why? And the CE is so ugly. I want that Blu-Ray but I don't want that big ugly box. 

Am I stupid if I assume this might get a release in another region? 

I never buy imports because I assume all shit will eventually see a US release.  I'm stubborn like that.

But no one in America gives a shit about Amiga or Turrican, so I got the individual games.  If a US release happens along I'll sell them.

44 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I never buy imports because I assume all shit will eventually see a US release.  I'm stubborn like that.

But no one in America gives a shit about Amiga or Turrican, so I got the individual games.  If a US release happens along I'll sell them.

Not the collector's edition nor SNES release? I'm tempted by that SNES release...

Editorials Team · Posted
3 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Not the collector's edition nor SNES release? I'm tempted by that SNES release...

Nah.  CEs take up valuable real estate that could be used by other games.

And I don't need some glorified repros.  I already have both OG carts.

1 minute ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Nah.  CEs take up valuable real estate that could be used by other games.

And I don't need some glorified repros.  I already have both OG carts.

That is great. Although the new carts do include the Director's Cut for both Turrican 1 & 2 tempting...

I have the two SNES games and Mega Turrican. I don't know what the Director's Cut mean so I am not thinking about that. If I buy, it would be for the Amiga versions, although they are dick's for splitting them up. The amiga's looked like they influenced the SNES and Sega games, but they look like they might be good stand alones.

1 hour ago, MiamiSlice said:

I'm so turned off right now. Two releases? Why? And the CE is so ugly. I want that Blu-Ray but I don't want that big ugly box. 

Am I stupid if I assume this might get a release in another region? 

I don't think the box is really that ugly. Cost is about $120 which is expensive. Although all things considered it does include quite a bit. Well, in my experience if you really want something and wait too long it will sell out and then you'll end up being sorry. That said, I do wish they had the documentary for sale separately. 

• Like 1

Since y'all are talking about SLG: FYI the Darius Cozmic Collection Arcade release for Switch is down to 1% left in stock on its 2500 print run. I finally got mine this week after preordering in April and it is extremely bad ass. Probably a must-own for classic shooter fans.

Just expect to wait on those shipping times if you're outside of Europe... Given that my order spent four weeks lost somewhere over the Atlantic, I think they may be sending the mail out on rowboats these days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dvertov said:

Since y'all are talking about SLG: FYI the Darius Cozmic Collection Arcade release for Switch is down to 1% left in stock on its 2500 print run. I finally got mine this week after preordering in April and it is extremely bad ass. Probably a must-own for classic shooter fans.

Just expect to wait on those shipping times if you're outside of Europe... Given that my order spent four weeks lost somewhere over the Atlantic, I think they may be sending the mail out on rowboats these days.

I'm waiting on the Arcade. Did you get the console version? I skipped because I own most of the games, but am having second thoughts.

33 minutes ago, Californication said:

I'm waiting on the Arcade. Did you get the console version? I skipped because I own most of the games, but am having second thoughts.

No, I just went with Arcade -- I've never been able to figure out MAME, so I'd never played any of those. I didn't see as much appeal to the Console version at nearly $70. I'd rather save that money for when Darius Cozmic Revelation comes out later this year (hopefully).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MiamiSlice said:

@Tabonga Play-Asia ran out of pre-orders for Moon so I went ahead and ordered from Amazon JP. How much was it with shipping to USA from Play-Asia? Amazon JP came out to about $86. 

It was about $100.  I looked at Amazon JP and was not able to really understand everything - the translation only went so far,

I bought Mighty Gunvolt Burst last year and played it almost all the way through but I had 2 problems with it.

1. You can collect fruits throughout the level and they give you special abilities like refreshing your health or weapon upgrades. I didn't understand these at all and didn't understand why they were fruits instead of cards with abilities on them. I would just hoard them until I got to the boss and then equip everything hoping something would work, which it usually did.

2. You can customize your blaster to choose how many shots come out in each burst, the wave pattern they make, the degree of deflection of the wave pattern, the size of shot, it's way too detailed. I got way too confused trying to understand why I would want to do any of that, none of it was explained so I just kept the same normal shot the entire way through the game because I didn't want to figure it out.

It seemed like it could have been an amazing game if they just stuck with a few simple abilities like Mega Man did, explained to you why you want to use them in certain areas and then gave you some areas where you could abuse those upgrades so you felt good about using them. Instead, they dump the entire bag on you and let you stumble through it. I was going to buy 20XX as well but after playing this mess I couldn't be bothered.