IGNORED

Limited Run Games

Hey, can someone help me out? I don't think I'll be able to snag this tomorrow, but I would like a copy of the 

Limited Run #357: Yaga OST Bundle (PS4)

If someone can snag a copy for you, I'll pay cost + shipping + 50% (or trade something) if that sounds good to you? Please send me a message to confirm if you can help. 

Screenshot from 2020-08-13 21-01-08.png

6 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Yes I picked this up too! Looks fun. I should have done the 3 pack this time around.

You should join our SRPG club!

On the very slight chance you didn't order it I heard from LRG today  that Brigandine is going to ship very soon - I am really looking forward to it since the PS1 version is one of my favorite games.

Edited by Tabonga

3 hours ago, avatar! said:

Hey, can someone help me out? I don't think I'll be able to snag this tomorrow, but I would like a copy of the 

Limited Run #357: Yaga OST Bundle (PS4)

If someone can snag a copy for you, I'll pay cost + shipping + 50% (or trade something) if that sounds good to you? Please send me a message to confirm if you can help. 

I wish I could offer, but I have a meeting right at the release time.  It's a virtual meeting, so I could potentially try to do both at the same time, but I couldn't promise anything.  

19 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

I wish I could offer, but I have a meeting right at the release time.  It's a virtual meeting, so I could potentially try to do both at the same time, but I couldn't promise anything.  

I appreciate the thought and offer! Yeah I was busy all day too. 

Editorials Team · Posted

So I had no idea that the Remothered that's coming out soon is the sequel.  I figured it just got pushed back... and the artwork changed... and the subtitle changed...

In any case, I ordered the first one.  Which came out a long time ago it turns out.

21 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

This is a useful site that lists new physical switch releases each week.  If you click on a week the page will talk about new releases and at the borrom lists a bunch of sites (such as LRG) with links.

https://www.jpswitchmania.com/home/categories/upcoming-physical-releases

Awesome thanks for posting this

Regarding the Mall Brawler game:

For the guy who can't get it to run on his (modded) OG NES, I'd be interested in hearing which revision NES he has. Similarly, I'd be interested in hearing if others with OG NES machines are having issues with the game, but obviously it seems like the situation is mostly confined to 8 bit clone machines, rather than OG hardware. Although it *should* work on all OG NES machines, I'd reckon that with any hardware that old, there might be problems with a few machines, albeit it should definitely be the minority. Anyone else here (or have accounts of others elsewhere) having issues on OG hardware? Please post for reference.

Regarding it not running on the AVS and people getting their panties in a bunch over it, I feel no sympathy at all, just as I wouldn't feel upset or frustrated if it didn't run on my Tiger Mustang:

Clones are clones, no matter how hyped up or "good" they are supposed to be, sorry guys, I'm just bringing the expectations down to earth, where they should be.

On another note, as I don't have this game, we will likely never know if it works on my machine in the above video, but now I'm actually curious about it, if someone has one they don't want, which I could buy.

• Haha 3

Love that video, good job.  That Tiger(made hah) Mustang clone probably is more entertaining than the game itself. 😄  You're right though, some NOAC setup up to the so-called 'perfect' FPGA setup doesn't mean it will and MUST work.  It could work sure, but must, not fair at all.  If you chose not to use original hardware, you're choosing to maybe have an issue.  As long as the off the shelf console works with it, that's all the retailer should care about and anything more is just them being nice to fanservice as a choice.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, fcgamer said:

Regarding the Mall Brawler game:

For the guy who can't get it to run on his (modded) OG NES, I'd be interested in hearing which revision NES he has. Similarly, I'd be interested in hearing if others with OG NES machines are having issues with the game, but obviously it seems like the situation is mostly confined to 8 bit clone machines, rather than OG hardware. Although it *should* work on all OG NES machines, I'd reckon that with any hardware that old, there might be problems with a few machines, albeit it should definitely be the minority. Anyone else here (or have accounts of others elsewhere) having issues on OG hardware? Please post for reference.

Regarding it not running on the AVS and people getting their panties in a bunch over it, I feel no sympathy at all, just as I wouldn't feel upset or frustrated if it didn't run on my Tiger Mustang:

Clones are clones, no matter how hyped up or "good" they are supposed to be, sorry guys, I'm just bringing the expectations down to earth, where they should be.

On another note, as I don't have this game, we will likely never know if it works on my machine in the above video, but now I'm actually curious about it, if someone has one they don't want, which I could buy.

That's because they aren't clones. Many of these third party systems use hardware to try and emulate the calculations but a lot of the time the clock speeds and many other factors are off just enough to confuse the software when trying to load. Some have much more inferior hardware than others so it's correct to assume that some of the higher end FPGA systems should always work as well as original hardware while some of the lower grade hardware will not work at all. It isn't abnormal to expect it to work just as well on some of these systems.

The complainant also hasn't addressed the green strip issue with the AVS and whether this is what's causing his issue. He seems to have just ignored it.

5 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

That's because they aren't clones. Many of these third party systems use hardware to try and emulate the calculations but a lot of the time the clock speeds and many other factors are off just enough to confuse the software when trying to load. Some have much more inferior hardware than others so it's correct to assume that some of the higher end FPGA systems should always work as well as original hardware while some of the lower grade hardware will not work at all. It isn't abnormal to expect it to work just as well on some of these systems.

The complainant also hasn't addressed the green strip issue with the AVS and whether this is what's causing his issue. He seems to have just ignored it.

Well in this hobby, the term people use to refer to these machines are clones. No need to get semantic about it.

About cost, inferior and superior hardware, etc, well a lot of the "third party" machines coming out from Taiwan in the late eighties and early nineties are from a technical standpoint, high quality hardware, quite close (if not) 1:1 with original machines, whereas a lot of the modern machines I've seen in the states look like complete garbage tbh. 

I know it's not the popular terminology since so many revere it, but yeah in this hobby, AVS is a clone. Third-party machines definitely is trying to differentiate where it shouldn't be.

On another note, I remember back in the early days of emulators and ROMs, many people would make homebrew demo games that would actually run on emulators (probably less accurate emulators) just fine, yet wouldn't function on real hardware. Just another thing to think about, which to me strengths the original case of why it's unreasonable to try to expect homebrew games to run flawlessly on every machine under the sun, no matter how "accurate" or "inaccurate".