IGNORED

Limited Run Games

Got mine!

I've already made scans of these. I kinda wanted to see if I can make a regular Genny case from this. The only thing I haven't scanned was the newsletter/poster and the entire manual. lol If anyone needs any, hit me up. I also took measurements of the clamshell insert. 

And yes, it DOES indeed have a reversible cover! It shows the EUR cover, however it strangely has the black grid version rather than the blue spine one. 

Bad lighting on my camera isn't doing my bed sheet any justice. lol

spacer.png

Wild, I bet they get more sales by "limiting" it to thousands of copies through LRG than they would get from the Collectorvision store. I'm not complaining though, I've been looking forward to it.

Also looking forward to the day... one day... ONE DAY we will have Sydney Hunter released on NES. Who really knows though.

2 hours ago, dvertov said:

Also, what's the story on how the publisher ended up with that Acclaim license?

They probably bought it for $30, like how Piko owns Wisdom Tree, Fake Atari owns Atari, and Fake Intellivision owns Intellivision. I actually have no idea how rights for these defunct companies works. Collectorvision also has LJN and Exidy,

Definitely getting Shantae, but I undecided on which version.  I would like the have the soundtrack, but I don't really want any of the other stuff, so I will probably end up with the standard edition.  I see a price for the CE, but I haven't seen a price for the standard yet.  I was originally hoping for it to be $30, but now I'm guessing $40.

1 hour ago, DefaultGen said:

They probably bought it for $30, like how Piko owns Wisdom Tree, Fake Atari owns Atari, and Fake Intellivision owns Intellivision. I actually have no idea how rights for these defunct companies works. Collectorvision also has LJN and Exidy,

I figured it was something like that, but with publishers like those I was hoping there would be a good story there. I would love to see some new homebrews sporting that LJN rainbow. Although I might be hesitant to play them.

56 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Definitely getting Shantae, but I undecided on which version.  I would like the have the soundtrack, but I don't really want any of the other stuff, so I will probably end up with the standard edition.  I see a price for the CE, but I haven't seen a price for the standard yet.  I was originally hoping for it to be $30, but now I'm guessing $40.

I'll probably get the standard GBC game and also the new release of Risky's Revenge just announced today. I'm a sucker for officially-licensed reproduction carts. Can't help myself.

Holy mackerel... 

LRG is going to rake in the moolah with this one! If you purchase all 3 Shantae Collector's Edition games - and you know many people are going to, that's like $230 right there 😮 

Very smart of LRG to make this an open order. 

ps Open orders for Grandia are closing in a couple of days! 

4 hours ago, DarkTone said:

What's the best limited physical pack released? 

In terms of what you get and price. Doesnt have to be from limited run. 

That is entirely subjective. 

Some of the most impressive collector's editions I have ever seen include LRG's Jak & Dexter. But, to be honest, if you just want to play the game even LRG's vanilla $30 standard release is great. 

23 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Holy mackerel... 

LRG is going to rake in the moolah with this one! If you purchase all 3 Shantae Collector's Edition games - and you know many people are going to, that's like $230 right there 😮 

Very smart of LRG to make this an open order.

All 3? I see original and Risky’s Revenge, am I missing one?

31 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Also I’m surprised they are doing an open pre-order for a GBC repro. They must have a serious manufacturing setup to be able to commit to this. Makes me wonder how many more of these they plan to do.

Hopefully a lot 🙂

I mean, this is great stuff! Nice to see a GBC and NES title released. Did you end up ordering Turrican from SLG?