IGNORED

Limited Run Games

10 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Agreed. These are going to be more common than Celeste!

I wouldn't start dancing yet. While 40k sales is great, that number is being spread across 15 Shantae related items. I wouldn't be surprised if Half Genie Hero that was published by Xseed on the switch, happened to have about that many copies printed, and that still didn't prevent it from being $200+ for the Day 1 Ed, and $70+ for just the game itself. We're talking about a game with an extremely strong cult following, so a 40k print run of even just one of those Shantae games, likely won't be enough to deter very many. If I'm remembering correctly, I believe that sales are usually strongest on the first and last days of availability for LRG games. Even at 80-100k sales spread across 15 Shantae related items, I still foresee demand allowing for crazy prices at some point down the road, maybe 5 years? It's basically unavoidable for a series like this. But yes, as far as the here and now is concerned, scalpers probably shouldn't be too terribly interested in something like this. No one is going to be making $250 off a copy of these like with Shantae Pirate's Curse (Switch).

That said, hopefully everyone here that wants a copy, gets a copy!

Edit: Obviously I have absolutely no clue if Xseed had actually printed anywhere near 40k copies of Half Genie Hero Ultmate edition on the Switch, it just wouldn't shock me if they had. Either way, the reprint should make short work of those current prices for the foreseeable future.

Edited by Sir Centroid

1 hour ago, Sir Centroid said:

I wouldn't start dancing yet. While 40k sales is great, that number is being spread across 15 Shantae related items. I wouldn't be surprised if Half Genie Hero that was published by Xseed on the switch, happened to have about that many copies printed, and that still didn't prevent it from being $200+ for the Day 1 Ed, and $70+ for just the game itself. We're talking about a game with an extremely strong cult following, so a 40k print run of even just one of those Shantae games, likely won't be enough to deter very many. If I'm remembering correctly, I believe that sales are usually strongest on the first and last days of availability for LRG games. Even at 80-100k sales spread across 15 Shantae related items, I still foresee demand allowing for crazy prices at some point down the road, maybe 5 years? It's basically unavoidable for a series like this. But yes, as far as the here and now is concerned, scalpers probably shouldn't be too terribly interested in something like this. No one is going to be making $250 off a copy of these like with Shantae Pirate's Curse (Switch).

That said, hopefully everyone here that wants a copy, gets a copy!

Edit: Obviously I have absolutely no clue if Xseed had actually printed anywhere near 40k copies of Half Genie Hero Ultmate edition on the Switch, it just wouldn't shock me if they had. Either way, the reprint should make short work of those current prices for the foreseeable future.

These are all valid points but one thing that has changed is that we now know Wayforward has the ability to re-release any Shantae game. So down the road we could see a Shantae collection release on PS5 or “new” Switch U 64 that brings demand back down a bit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

These are all valid points but one thing that has changed is that we now know Wayforward has the ability to re-release any Shantae game. So down the road we could see a Shantae collection release on PS5 or “new” Switch U 64 that brings demand back down a bit.

Too true, way to keep my hope alive! 🙂

Finally got an update from 1 Print Games!!!

”We are excited to announce that Death Squared Limited Edition is launching on September 18, 2020 for USD34.99.

Death Squared is a cooperative puzzle game that could be enjoyed by up to 4 players. Work together to solve hundreds of puzzles... or die trying! This famous multiplayer puzzle game from Australian indie SMG Studio has sold over 300,000 copies worldwide.

The Death Squared Limited Edition includes a physical copy of the game for Nintendo Switch, Death Squared Bots Acrylic Keychain, Numbered Authenticity Card, Death Squared Testing Manual, and Logo Sticker. The Limited Edition is limited to 1500 units worldwide.

Besides the Death Squared Limited Edition, a set which includes both Limited Editions of Ittle Dew and Death Squared is now available for pre-order for USD69.99. If you missed out on Ittle Dew, we highly recommend this bundle to save on shipping!

All Kero Blaster, Ittle Dew, and Death Squared Triple Set pre-orders will also start shipping this week.”

I’m finally getting my triple set!!!

Edited by MiamiSlice

14 minutes ago, Californication said:

That's a game I never expected from LRG.  However, considering that Doom 64 was it's own game and unique from any other release, it's not a terrible idea to have it available on another system.  Still, I'm not sure that I need this one.  

I would love to see a physical version of Doom Classic Complete that was digital only on the PS3.  

Edited by TDIRunner

4 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

I think it's free if you have Doom Eternal.

If you pre-ordered it, it was.  I have it for Xbox one since I preordered Doom Eternal (the only game in my entire life I pre-ordered). I got it for the switch for that price.  Doom Eternal is still in development for the switch and id LOVE to see how they pull off the controls, (unless you gotta you the pro-controller)... anyway.

So, I'm not a fan of Doom, but I once had a Doom experience unlike most any other! 

Years ago, I knew someone who had taken the Doom engine (an open-source version at any rate) and modified it to VR! Not just any VR, but in a CAVE

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cave_automatic_virtual_environment

We got a tour of the CAVE, then played some CAVE-Doom! Perhaps it can be done today with Sony VR etc. but back then, there was literally nothing like it! The joystrick in your hand became a gun - and it looked amazing! The way you pointed the joystick was how you pointed the gun, you could truly dock behind something... it was so immersive. Quite an experience that I remember to this day 🙂 

11 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Metal Slug Anthology is coming up.  Trying to decide if I should buy it for a third time, but it will go well with XX when it comes in.  Kind of glad I passed on MS3 when they sold it by itself.  

I think that Anthology is supposed to be a worse port than XX and 3. I believe it was done by different people, but still trying to verify.

3 minutes ago, Californication said:

I think that Anthology is supposed to be a worse port than XX and 3. I believe it was done by different people, but still trying to verify.

Anthology is 1-6 and X.  I haven't played the PS4 version, the the PS2 and PSP versions play well enough to be enjoyable.  

4 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Anthology is 1-6 and X.  I haven't played the PS4 version, the the PS2 and PSP versions play well enough to be enjoyable.  

https://medium.com/@Xander51/the-ps4-has-three-different-versions-of-metal-slug-3-d526e8941203

I had the PS2 and Wii versions and got rid of them because I thought it was impossible to not get hit in a Metal Slug game. After watching Youtube video,s I was clearly wrong, but I screwed up by passing on XX and 3.

This article does a pretty good job of outlining the differences between versions.

Edited by Californication

2 minutes ago, Californication said:

https://medium.com/@Xander51/the-ps4-has-three-different-versions-of-metal-slug-3-d526e8941203

I had the PS2 and Wii versions and got rid of them because I thought it was impossible to not get hit in a Metal Slug game. After watching Youtube video,s I was clearly wrong, but I screwed up by passing on XX and 3.

This article does a pretty good job of outlining the differences between versions.

I guess I should clarify.  I have the ability to play all MS 1-5 and X on original MVS hardware which is why I'm less likely to buy a single game for full price on the PS4 like MS3.  I bought XX because it's a different game from anything I own (I don't own MS7).  That's why I passed on MS3.  I may or may not get the anthology again just because it seems like a better value to me to have them lumped together in one collection, but I don't see much advantage to have it again on PS4 compared to PS2 which is why I might pass.  It's too bad that I don't see a Switch version yet because these are good games to play portable.  

16 minutes ago, Californication said:

This sucks. I’ve wanted the PS2 version for a while. I had no idea it’s a bunch of shoddy ports. And the Wii version has very odd controller options. If it’s going to be like this on the Switch (assuming a Switch port ever arrives) then it seems pointless. 

Why can’t there be a compilation of the Arcade Archives games? That would be nice.

Edited by MiamiSlice

13 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

I guess I should clarify.  I have the ability to play all MS 1-5 and X on original MVS hardware which is why I'm less likely to buy a single game for full price on the PS4 like MS3.  I bought XX because it's a different game from anything I own (I don't own MS7).  That's why I passed on MS3.  I may or may not get the anthology again just because it seems like a better value to me to have them lumped together in one collection, but I don't see much advantage to have it again on PS4 compared to PS2 which is why I might pass.  It's too bad that I don't see a Switch version yet because these are good games to play portable.  

Got it.

9 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

This sucks. I’ve wanted the PS2 version for a while. I had no idea it’s a bunch of shoddy ports. And the Wii version has very odd controller options. If it’s going to be like this on the Switch (assuming a Switch port ever arrives) then it seems pointless. 

Why can’t there be a compilation of the Arcade Archives games? That would be nice.

It's not terrible, but it feels off. Strangely, I have been happier with the PS1 port of X. I bet if I read a review on that someone would rip it to shreds.