IGNORED

Limited Run Games

44 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

think your looking at the wrong Shantae. Seven Sirens was sold back in May I think. If you have a Shantae paired with Doom that you bought recently you probably won't see that for a very long time

Right, the Shantae’s just sold alongside Doom 64 are the original and Risky’s Revenge and reprint of Half Genie Hero

I get the lack of trust with LRG too, it's not something they should be proud of, and should care about.  Yet they seemingly don't care if people get fed up as not enough do it make a dent where it hurts.

I am annoyed at the no updates/word on stuff other than Panzer Dragoon which was for the best since the card(Switch) will now have all the updates/additions on it at least.  Yet not a word on things, they just shift the quarters back or drop it to just saying a year.  it's like, is it that hard to send a general update mailer out maybe in mass once a month where you can get some notes on where things are?  That would help with confidence.

If I wasn't so hopped up on owning what I pay for (or not paying $500-600 for GBC Shantae) I'd not tolerate the mess with some of my outstanding games like the 2 Blaster Master 0 titles.

On 10/7/2020 at 7:53 AM, fox said:

Any update on Carrion?  Ordered it for my cousin, told him it was ether an early bday gift or late Christmas gift.

Nothing yet, and it might be that way for the next 6 months or so 🙂

You never know. To be fair, SRG does appear to have a quicker turnaround than LRG, but don't hold your breath. Although, you will get the game, I'm really looking forward to playing this!

Editorials Team · Posted
48 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Nothing yet, and it might be that way for the next 6 months or so 🙂

You never know. To be fair, SRG does appear to have a quicker turnaround than LRG, but don't hold your breath. Although, you will get the game, I'm really looking forward to playing this!

My Carrion order came with a code for the digital version of the game (which I used to do a playthrough)

10 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

My Carrion order came with a code for the digital version of the game (which I used to do a playthrough)

Hey, I got that too. Uh, silly question, but how did you input the code? I noticed there were no instructions, do where/how do you do it? 🙂 

34 minutes ago, Shmup said:

This has been available on the Switch for a few months now. This is just the ESRB version.

To be clear, I don't follow news outlets and I am strictly interested in physical.  I'd assumed it was already out, just like Panzer Dragoon, which I'm still waiting on to arrive. Regardless, I bought this when it was released on PC, but I've not had the time to put into since the changes of me playing PC games is slim.  Still, it was nice to see a new game built on the new-old Build engine.

17 minutes ago, RH said:

To be clear, I don't follow news outlets and I am strictly interested in physical.

Sorry my reply wasn’t clear. I meant to say this is already available in physical form on the Switch if you’re interested in grabbing it. No need to wait for the Limited Run version.

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/ion-fury-switch-pal-import-free-shipping-p-27906.html

3 hours ago, Shmup said:

Sorry my reply wasn’t clear. I meant to say this is already available in physical form on the Switch if you’re interested in grabbing it. No need to wait for the Limited Run version.

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/ion-fury-switch-pal-import-free-shipping-p-27906.html

Ah! Thanks!

11 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I ordered every Shantae they had available, I think there were 3. I have no idea if they're new or older games but I thought they'd be fun to play.

They're older games. Two of them are actually the same game - Shantae, released in 2002 - one edition is a re-release of the original GBC and the other is a port for Switch. The other is the second game, originally on the DS, is from 2010.

Edited by avatar!

2 hours ago, avatar! said:

They're older games. Two of them are actually the same game - Shantae, released in 2002 - one edition is a re-release of the original GBC and the other is a port for Switch. The other is the second game, originally on the DS, is from 2010.

No, 3 Switch games. Shantae, Risky's Revenge and Half Genie Hero.

4 minutes ago, phart010 said:

Good thing they re-released it, it was starting to get expensive 

Everything Shantae seems expensive. Clearly a cult hit! I wonder if in the long-run the re-release of the GBC cartridge will bring the price of the original down or not? 

3 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Everything Shantae seems expensive. Clearly a cult hit! I wonder if in the long-run the re-release of the GBC cartridge will bring the price of the original down or not? 

I have a thread about this 🙂

The moment LRG announced the re-release I think the effect was priced in. The price of a loose cart has come down (from over $800 to under $600) but as far as I can tell a CIB Shantae is still going for over $2k. Seems like the hype around the whole series is still making the original desirable enough for high end collectors.

2 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

I have a thread about this 🙂

The moment LRG announced the re-release I think the effect was priced in. The price of a loose cart has come down (from over $800 to under $600) but as far as I can tell a CIB Shantae is still going for over $2k. Seems like the hype around the whole series is still making the original desirable enough for high end collectors.

I don’t think we’ll see too much pullback on the CIB price because people still want the original for either their full GB CIB set or if they’re just curating a nice collection of GB CIB games then they want Shantae because it’s a good game.

Maybe I’m viewing this release wrong, but I kind of see this LRG GB Shantae as a legal version of a reproduction. It wouldn’t count as part of the full set if you had the LRG version over the original, would it?

1 hour ago, Shmup said:

Maybe I’m viewing this release wrong, but I kind of see this LRG GB Shantae as a legal version of a reproduction. It wouldn’t count as part of the full set if you had the LRG version over the original, would it?

No of course not, just like the Mega Man X repro from iam8bit doesn’t count for anything. 

• Like 2