IGNORED

Limited Run Games

29 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

This sucks. I’ve wanted the PS2 version for a while. I had no idea it’s a bunch of shoddy ports. And the Wii version has very odd controller options. If it’s going to be like this on the Switch (assuming a Switch port ever arrives) then it seems pointless. 

Why can’t there be a compilation of the Arcade Archives games? That would be nice.

Do you have a lot of experience playing the originals on original hardware?  If not, I don't think the PS2 version is that bad.  But if you have the experience and muscle memory from the originals, then it might not be as enjoyable.  But that's true for most games.  

Editorials Team · Posted
2 hours ago, Californication said:

It's not terrible, but it feels off. Strangely, I have been happier with the PS1 port of X. I bet if I read a review on that someone would rip it to shreds.

PS1 port >>>> Anthology version because it has the extra modes

I've got to agree what's with the stupidity of not putting the Metal Slug Anthology on Switch as it's nonsense.  Lost opportunity as I'd actually buy that one, which in the grand scheme is rare for me to buy LRG stuff.  I had Golf Story second hand, but it was only with SoR4, Panzer Dragoon, and Blaster Master 0 Pt1 and 2 I went in on it.  I'll grab Doom 64 as that game it stellar, a true Doom 3 compared to the cheap pop scare garbage that was called that. 😄

4 hours ago, avatar! said:

Retro-bit set. Anyone getting this? The only game never released in North America is Zero Wing. The others are available on the second-hand market, although some are quite expensive. Oh, and all your base are belong to us...

toaplan1200x630.jpg

I don't know the quality of this particular set, but previous releases from retro-bit they are not of good quality.

Edited by DrAfrokid

9 minutes ago, DrAfrokid said:

I don't know the quality of this particular set, but previous releases from retro-bit they are not of good quality.

Depends what you mean by "good". Most reviews I have read of their Holy Diver and R-Type are extremely positive, although there was talk that at least a few had seen some "label defects". 

my Holy Diver cart has a bit of a label defect where it is clear that the label wasn’t applied smoothly, but everything else about it is pristine

https://www.destructoid.com/stories/review-holy-diver-collector-s-edition-516955.phtml

And considering all four games can cost less than one used complete game, seems like a great deal for someone wanting a nice playable collectible - and hey, there are not enough classic games coming out in cartridge format for my taste 🙂

9 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Depends what you mean by "good". Most reviews I have read of their Holy Diver and R-Type are extremely positive, although there was talk that at least a few had seen some "label defects". 

my Holy Diver cart has a bit of a label defect where it is clear that the label wasn’t applied smoothly, but everything else about it is pristine

https://www.destructoid.com/stories/review-holy-diver-collector-s-edition-516955.phtml

And considering all four games can cost less than one used complete game, seems like a great deal for someone wanting a nice playable collectible - and hey, there are not enough classic games coming out in cartridge format for my taste 🙂

I bought both and also the reissue of Metalstorm. Although these are of better quality. I was referring in particular to the Data East, Jaleco and Joe and Mac Collection these editionsfeel very cheap.

4 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I've got to agree what's with the stupidity of not putting the Metal Slug Anthology on Switch as it's nonsense.  Lost opportunity as I'd actually buy that one, 

Are you talking about LRG or the developer?  Because the game has to actually exist for the system before LRG can publish it.  

10 hours ago, DrAfrokid said:

I bought both and also the reissue of Metalstorm. Although these are of better quality. I was referring in particular to the Data East, Jaleco and Joe and Mac Collection these editionsfeel very cheap.

Ah, yeah that makes sense. The latter you mention was their first attempt, I really hope they learned a lot since these then and that this collection will be of good quality. 

16 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Strictly Limited has done it! They've finally done it! They are bringing another Darius collection featuring G-Darius HD and DariusBurst Another Chronicle EX+! The money has already left my wallet! 

https://mailchi.mp/strictlylimitedgames/dcr-announcement-560491?e=3a45b2c4d9

I'm all over this. The games look great, and I've already been having a ton of fun with the Cozmic Collection Arcade release.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone else pre order The Game Paradise: Cruisin Mix Special from readytodispatch? This one has been in production forever. I emailed them for an update but got no response, anyone got info on this release?

Also, if you missed Moon from Play-Asia it is available again for pre order. Thankfully I had some coins to bring down the price. Can't wait for this one.

2 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Yes. No. We must wait longer 😞

I've requested a refund. I'll just grab it if it ever launches and if that means paying more on ebay I'll just have to live with it. I think I've had it pre ordered for almost a year now and it has never changed and they're very light on the details.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shmup said:

I've requested a refund. I'll just grab it if it ever launches and if that means paying more on ebay I'll just have to live with it. I think I've had it pre ordered for almost a year now and it has never changed and they're very light on the details.

This is a pattern with them, they did something similar with Psyvariar Delta and made alot of people angry at the time. They like to make preorders open and push back delivery over and over again without any real communication. After they did it last time I decided not to preorder anything from them again. I'm just not confident that they won't just disappear with money one day. Just based on the pattern they have with this, my guess is they use preorders to fund the project and only really start delivering when they reach their goal. 

TLDR; I don't trust them

LTTP, not sure if it was thoroughly stated, but in case anyone is presently in doubt - Stay far away from any release of "Metal Slug Anthology", it's just really bad.

At best you'll get terribly emulated games alongside MS6 (which runs fine, but is a bad game). At worst you'll get emulated versions of terribly emulated games.

It's just not good. Even if you claim to not be picky about input lag, it'll eff up your game whether you notice it or not.

Edited by Sumez

7 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

This is a pattern with them, they did something similar with Psyvariar Delta and made alot of people angry at the time. They like to make preorders open and push back delivery over and over again without any real communication. After they did it last time I decided not to preorder anything from them again. I'm just not confident that they won't just disappear with money one day. Just based on the pattern they have with this, my guess is they use preorders to fund the project and only really start delivering when they reach their goal. 

TLDR; I don't trust them

Yeah the more I have dug into them the more it seems that is the case. I’ll give them another day to respond otherwise I’ll just do a chargeback on my credit card.

I think I’ll just stick to LRG, Super Rare Games and Special Reserve Games. If I miss anything else I’ll just take the hit on eBay.

2 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Mine is shipping with Doom 64. I wonder how long I'll have to wait.

think your looking at the wrong Shantae. Seven Sirens was sold back in May I think. If you have a Shantae paired with Doom that you bought recently you probably won't see that for a very long time