IGNORED

Limited Run Games

1 hour ago, avatar! said:

In case you're interested, below is their lineup. Many games have already been released. Some highlights include

Shantae is around 2:45

Boy and his Blob

Castlevania Anniversary Collection (yay!)

Katana Zero

Towerfall

My money just keeps flying out of my wallet!  I haven't been this excited for LRG releases in a while, my gods.

23 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

I guess it’s time to add Nintendo to the list. They are saying Super Mario 3D All Stars will be a limited-production release: 

EDIT: Nevermind.  I read it wrong.  It is in fact a limited release.  That's crazy.

Edited by TDIRunner

1 hour ago, DarkTone said:

Will wait to see how limited it is. 

It could be 20k and it would still likely sell out in no time flat. Nintendo + LRG = Disaster! I love it. Can't wait to try my luck at purchasing a copy!

Edit: Also can't wait to see copies being sold on eBay for $400+ seconds after it sells out.

Edited by Sir Centroid

2 hours ago, Sir Centroid said:

It could be 20k and it would still likely sell out in no time flat. Nintendo + LRG = Disaster! I love it. Can't wait to try my luck at purchasing a copy!

Edit: Also can't wait to see copies being sold on eBay for $400+ seconds after it sells out.

So, this is not a LRG release or anything like that. 

It's simply Nintendo being Nintendo. Wanting people to talk about Nintendo, as usual. And they sure succeeded.

Anyway, as of now, you can order a physical copy on amazon and Best Buy. But yeah, supposedly this is going to be limited both physically AND digitally. Apparently Nintendo said they would remove the digital version after March. 

36 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Anyway, as of now, you can order a physical copy on amazon and Best Buy. But yeah, supposedly this is going to be limited both physically AND digitally. Apparently Nintendo said they would remove the digital version after March. 

Agreed, we can’t be certain what “limited” means here. It could be like they have done in the past with limited edition consoles and games. They meet the preorder demand and then no more. But then it’s weird they wouldn’t outright call it a limited edition. Plus, we’ve seen Square Enix bend the meaning of “limited” before and actual limited print companies end up doing reprints anyway, so who knows? 

54 minutes ago, avatar! said:

So, this is not a LRG release or anything like that. 

It's simply Nintendo being Nintendo. Wanting people to talk about Nintendo, as usual. And they sure succeeded.

Oh crap, my bad. Also, wtf at the bolded part?! 

2 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Agreed, we can’t be certain what “limited” means here. It could be like they have done in the past with limited edition consoles and games. They meet the preorder demand and then no more. But then it’s weird they wouldn’t outright call it a limited edition. Plus, we’ve seen Square Enix bend the meaning of “limited” before and actual limited print companies end up doing reprints anyway, so who knows? 

Well let's flash back a decade to the Wii and the other Allstars debacle.  They set a start and end date on that game too.  Scalpers went nuts as the closer the end date approached and it shot up a lot.  Nintendo then eventually went back on their word and ran another sizable amount, and yet even later did a players choice version too if I remember right without the second disc/book either.  Their argument was like with the NES Classic Edition, to basically screw scalpers so anyone who wants has plenty of opportunity to get.  The NES CE went dry for nearly a year, then bam, out the summer of the SNES unit in heavy numbers (controllers too) and scalpers to screwed rightfully so.  There's real potential this could get a longer run/reissue if they perceive enough of a scumbag threat as they'd rather get paid than a troll.

2 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Darkwood is available today!

I got it along with Neverending Nightmares.  I actually witnessed my first LRG website hiccup in a long time.  Neverending Nightmares initially went straight to sold out and Darkwood said coming soon even a minute after it was supposed to launch. Finally, both games became available and I was able to order them.  

I think that's part of the reason why some people think these games sell out immediately.  It's actually a glitch or hiccup in the system and if they would stick around for a minute or two, they would see they could order the game.  

5 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

I got it along with Neverending Nightmares.  I actually witnessed my first LRG website hiccup in a long time.  Neverending Nightmares initially went straight to sold out and Darkwood said coming soon even a minute after it was supposed to launch. Finally, both games became available and I was able to order them.  

I think that's part of the reason why some people think these games sell out immediately.  It's actually a glitch or hiccup in the system and if they would stick around for a minute or two, they would see they could order the game.  

I saw that glitch...

but you know some titles really do sell out nearly instantaneously. Papers Please sold out within 2 minutes. It was crazy. Of course, it was also an acclaimed Vita release.

I saw that glitch...

but you know some titles really do sell out nearly instantaneously. Papers Please sold out within 2 minutes. It was crazy. Of course, it was also an acclaimed Vita release.

Yes, some sell out super quickly, but I'm talking about the people who constantly complain that they sell out immediately.  Not nearly immediately.  Immediately.  You see it on Facebook all the time.  It's usually first timers or people who don't really know what they are getting into.  

1 minute ago, TDIRunner said:

Yes, some sell out super quickly, but I'm talking about the people who constantly complain that they sell out immediately.  Not nearly immediately.  Immediately.  You see it on Facebook all the time.  It's usually first timers or people who don't really know what they are getting into.  

Ah, well some people, you know... People love to complain. Every now and then I'll come across someone who says things like "LRG is junk! They suck! How are they in business!"

c'est la vie

ps I'm pretty sure they can stay in business with all the money I've given them 🙂 

Ah, well some people, you know... People love to complain. Every now and then I'll come across someone who says things like "LRG is junk! They suck! How are they in business!"

c'est la vie

ps I'm pretty sure they can stay in business with all the money I've given them 🙂 

The complaints that annoy me the most are from the people saying LRG releases too many games.  These people want to own every single game, but they don't want to spend a lot of money doing it.  Sorry, but full set collecting is expensive.  I want LRG to release as many games as possible.  I want to see as few digital only games as possible.  

2 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

The complaints that annoy me the most are from the people saying LRG releases too many games.  These people want to own every single game, but they don't want to spend a lot of money doing it.  Sorry, but full set collecting is expensive.  I want LRG to release as many games as possible.  I want to see as few digital only games as possible.  

I hear you! I think there should be options for people to purchase digital or physical. I have no problem with paying more for a good physical game, although I realize many people want a cheap digital copy and I'm fine with that too. For me, LRG releases go through cycles. There are times when they just release so many games I really love... and other times when things are very slow. I'm honestly thankful for the slower times 🙂 

17 minutes ago, avatar! said:

I hear you! I think there should be options for people to purchase digital or physical. I have no problem with paying more for a good physical game, although I realize many people want a cheap digital copy and I'm fine with that too. For me, LRG releases go through cycles. There are times when they just release so many games I really love... and other times when things are very slow. I'm honestly thankful for the slower times 🙂 

Don't get me wrong, I understand that when a lot of interesting games come out at the same time, it can be hard on the wallet.  But I'm specifically talking about a small group of collectors who are so obsessed with having a full set, that deep down, they want LRG to fail so that they stop releasing games, and therefore, their full set will be complete.  I saw the same type of mentality at the end of the Wii U's life.  Some people didn't want any more games coming out because they didn't want to have to buy them.  Why are you full set collecting if you don't want to buy games?  I just don't understand it.  

Moderator · Posted

LRG's followers on social media are the worst. I've noticed several types of annoying LRG followers on twitter, though these types aren't limited to LRG fans.

There are the people who respond to a post about a particular game with "when are you going to make X?" Are you seriously derailing a promotional thread for one game to complain that it isn't another? I'm excited about X game too, but replying to a promo for a different game to make that complaint is a dick move.

There are people who just write "this will be MINE". Sure ok, buy it when it's available. This one annoys me because it pops up even when something isn't for sale. I post pictures of some of my homebrew games on twitter when they come in the mail, and people comment "GIVE IT TO ME!" Well you put it so eloquently, sure why not? Please stranger on the internet, take this item in my collection it took months or years to find. Hell there are people on this forum who do it to each other; do you really think anyone wants to sell to you when you "playfully" harass another member about selling one of their treasured games?

And the ones I loathe the most are the surprised folks who say "wow, what a great new idea, finally a new NES game!" These people also ask questions that are clearly stated in the OP itself or on the page that it linked to. I've noticed this weird trend lately where people are either excited because something new happened or sad because "no one is doing X", when in reality they were too lazy to take a cursory look around and confirm that was it even true. Even if you're not a part of the homebrew community and were just some fan of LRG modern-gen releases, if you followed them to ANY degree, then you'd know that not only have they released several NES games, homebrew and re-releases, but they JUST fulfilled Mall Brawl orders, so now you look especially stupid for posting something that could have been avoided if you had just looked at the website of the company you love so much.

Anyway, that was an old man rant about LRG followers and similar complaints about dumbass folks on the twitter.

5 minutes ago, Scrobins said:

LRG's followers on social media are the worst. I've noticed several types of annoying LRG followers on twitter, though these types aren't limited to LRG fans.

Some of the Facebook crap is so toxic that I had to distance myself from it because it was making me hate my own hobby.  It absolutely blows me away that Facebook is somehow replacing the traditional internet forum.  

26 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Some of the Facebook crap is so toxic that I had to distance myself from it because it was making me hate my own hobby.  It absolutely blows me away that Facebook is somehow replacing the traditional internet forum.  

I have had the exact same feeling.

A week or two ago I saw one of these threads where people in the comments were calling LRG a scam and complaining about their shady business practices and one guy said he hates that after the games sell out on their site, LRG sells them on Amazon for way more. I knew where this was going but I wanted to be nice so I asked where are you seeing these Amazon listings? Well to make a story short, I had to explain to him that he was looking at the brand on the listing and not the seller name. These were of course 3rd party listings from scalpers. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by MiamiSlice