IGNORED

Limited Run Games

6 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

I was wanting to order it and then I wasn’t able to get online 😞

They are already listing them on ebay - starting at $170 and northwards for the collectors switch.

The regular switch edition is being listed for $67 - but that is not sold out yet - go figure. 

Edited by Tabonga

I was easily able to get the collector edition Obra. Thought it would sell out so quick and was worried with it's low print and no limit, but I kept checking and it was only going down like 10 - 20 sold every 5 seconds. After 2 minutes, still was 200 left over. Maybe they do understand which ones need a limit and which ones do not.

49 minutes ago, Shmup said:

I forgot that papers please for Vita was also being released. That’s already on eBay for crazy money. One seller has 8 copies even though it’s supposed to be 1 per customer.

Oh yeah forgot about that one! Glanced it earlier and thought about getting it, but slipped my mind. Ah well, not actively collecting Vita. Crazy how the scalpers really work with this system. Even there is a robot/captcha thing to prevent automation, but looking like it's not enough.

Edit: DAMN it's selling for $150 at least. The hell. So glad I am not collecting for Vita lol. The preorder for most of the Switch titles is a blessing.

Edited by Skorp

2 minutes ago, Skorp said:

Oh yeah forgot about that one! Glanced it earlier and thought about getting it, but slipped my mind. Ah well, not actively collecting Vita. Crazy how the scalpers really work with this system. Even there is a robot/captcha thing to prevent automation, but looking like it's not enough.

Edit: DAMN it's selling for $150 at least. The hell.

Yeah it’s crazy how easily people have figured out how to get past the 1 per person limit.
I’m more focused on switch too but I do have a small vita collection I like to work on every now and then. I knew this would sell out because vita collecting is crazy with the system basically being dead now.
I was hoping to get it because I’ve heard only great things about it. Hopefully it gets a release on the Switch.

5 hours ago, Shmup said:

I forgot that papers please for Vita was also being released. That’s already on eBay for crazy money. One seller has 8 copies even though it’s supposed to be 1 per customer.

That really irks me so much...

I doubt there's anything LRG can do, but if they could catch this ass and cancel the orders - ah, that would be justice! 

42 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Probably.  Unless LucasArts had already announced the ports themselves.

The first two games were ported over to the 360 and they were awesome! I would love to play the third game - Curse. Perhaps, we'll see this on PS4 and/or Switch... although I rather doubt it. 

On 7/29/2020 at 4:22 AM, a3quit4s said:

Just a heads up to anyone who got jay and silent bob - my cartridge was glitching out on AVS, LRG is replacing it. Make sure to test yours! I couldn’t get more than 2 minutes in

Same here, just tried mine today. I put a ticket in with LRG through their website and referenced my order number so hopefully they’ll be able to replace it with one that works!

Here’s what I just got back from Sarah of their CS dept when I emailed them about my defective Mall Brawl cart:

“Good afternoon!

My apologies for the confusion, but I'm not showing we stated 3rd party consoles would be guaranteed to work with this cartridge. Please try this on original hardware,then if you still experience issues if you can upload a video we'll look into our options for exchange.“

My response:

“Hi Sarah,

Other people on the Video Game Sage forums are having the same issue with their AVS, one of whom said you guys were sending him a replacement cartridge but that it would take a couple of weeks. The game is also reported to have been playtested on the AVS before release to make sure that it would work. All other homebrew carts work fine with the AVS; there would have been no reason for any prospective customer to think this one wouldn’t work too. I no longer use original NES hardware. Please please PLEASE send me a replacement cartridge that will work properly with the AVS like all other homebrew carts do; you’ve already done it for one customer, so please do it for me too and I’ll make sure to extol the awesomeness of your customer service dept across cyberspace.“

Wish me luck!

So, after I told her that CS rep Michelle of LRG had told another of us AVS-using customers that the cart was tested on an AVS and many other NES variants and that it should work and that she would put him on a list to get a replacement cart, and I gave her the ticket # for reference for ironclad proof, CS rep Sarah of LRG is sticking to her guns:

“Hi Jeffrey Nelson,

Good morning!
I'll be happy to address this with Michelle. As I outlined you need to try it on original hardware and if you continue to have this issue please send me an update with proof of the issue you are describing. Only at that point in time can we proceed.”

Yeah, no. That’s not happening. My response:

Sarah, I don’t have original hardware. The carts were tested on the AVS. There was no mention whatsoever from LRG that this game wouldn’t work. A lot of people are having no problems with their carts on an AVS, but some of us are, and I am one of those unlucky ones.Please send me a replacement cart. Thank you.”

• I had better not be SOL on this, or I’ll never buy another game that LRG has anything to do with.
Edited by WaverBoy

47 minutes ago, WaverBoy said:

So, after I told her that CS rep Michelle of LRG had told another of us AVS-using customers that the cart was tested on an AVS and many other NES variants and that it should work and that she would put him on a list to get a replacement cart, and I gave her the ticket # for reference for ironclad proof, CS rep Sarah of LRG is sticking to her guns:

“Hi Jeffrey Nelson,

Good morning!
I'll be happy to address this with Michelle. As I outlined you need to try it on original hardware and if you continue to have this issue please send me an update with proof of the issue you are describing. Only at that point in time can we proceed.”

Yeah, no. That’s not happening. My response:

Sarah, I don’t have original hardware. The carts were tested on the AVS. There was no mention whatsoever from LRG that this game wouldn’t work. A lot of people are having no problems with their carts on an AVS, but some of us are, and I am one of those unlucky ones.Please send me a replacement cart. Thank you.”

• I had better not be SOL on this, or I’ll never buy another game that LRG has anything to do with.

Not trying to take LRG's take on this. However, I will say, I have actually had authentic NES carts fail on the AVS. So, I kinda see their point of view... but I do believe you that in this case that the carts are just bad. 

1 hour ago, avatar! said:

Not trying to take LRG's take on this. However, I will say, I have actually had authentic NES carts fail on the AVS. So, I kinda see their point of view... but I do believe you that in this case that the carts are just bad. 

Except we know that this game was tested on the AVS and is supposed to work.

Which OG NES carts have failed for you on the AVS?