IGNORED

Limited Run Games

Just now, TDIRunner said:

The controls are absolute garbage making it nearly unplayable in any level that requires precision jumping.  This is even worse for those who played the originals enough to develop muscle memory on the platforming.  

Ah, I never played the originals so I had nothing to compare it too

23 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

The controls are absolute garbage making it nearly unplayable in any level that requires precision jumping.  This is even worse for those who played the originals enough to develop muscle memory on the platforming.  

Is that true for all ports? IGN thought it was great --

https://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/29/crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy-review

Update: The Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy is now available for the Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PC. I've gone back and played the N. Sane Trilogy on each system and am happy to confirm the challenge, fun, and updated shine of the N. Sane Trilogy remains intact across the board. The Switch's version doesn't look quite as good as the PS4 or comparable Xbox One versions, but still plays great. And Crash looks even better on PC with a 60 fps framerate option.

Over 1500 reviews on metacritic give it an 8.4 which is fabulous.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy/

It just seems like if the controls truly are "garbage" across the board the score should be much lower?

2 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Is that true for all ports? IGN thought it was great --

https://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/29/crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy-review

Update: The Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy is now available for the Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PC. I've gone back and played the N. Sane Trilogy on each system and am happy to confirm the challenge, fun, and updated shine of the N. Sane Trilogy remains intact across the board. The Switch's version doesn't look quite as good as the PS4 or comparable Xbox One versions, but still plays great. And Crash looks even better on PC with a 60 fps framerate option.

Over 1500 reviews on metacritic give it an 8.4 which is fabulous.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy/

It just seems like if the controls truly are "garbage" across the board the score should be much lower?

I can confirm controls are garbage on PS4 and Switch.  I haven't played any other version.  I would be curious what % of the reviewers played the originals.  Nearly everyone I've spoken to who was familiar with the originals agreed with me.  If you enjoy the remakes, feel free to play them.  I gave the remake collection a fairy fair attempt on two separate occasions (multiple hours of gameplay each time), and it's unplayable for me.  I can play the originals today and beat them with my eyes closed.  I replay the originals almost annually.  I doubt I will ever touch the remakes again.  

27 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

I can confirm controls are garbage on PS4 and Switch.  I haven't played any other version.  I would be curious what % of the reviewers played the originals.  Nearly everyone I've spoken to who was familiar with the originals agreed with me.  If you enjoy the remakes, feel free to play them.  I gave the remake collection a fairy fair attempt on two separate occasions (multiple hours of gameplay each time), and it's unplayable for me.  I can play the originals today and beat them with my eyes closed.  I replay the originals almost annually.  I doubt I will ever touch the remakes again.  

I actually never played the originals. So it may be a case where you're just used to the original controls. I looked this up, and there seem to be threads saying the controls are terrible, and other threads saying the controls are fine --

The controls are fine....

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/191634-crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy/75520624

First of all as far as crash 1 goes you have to use the d-pad as long as you do that controls are fine. Plus I think kids are not used to hard games crash 1 is hard and it's not because of controls.

4 minutes ago, avatar! said:

First of all as far as crash 1 goes you have to use the d-pad as long as you do that controls are fine. Plus I think kids are not used to hard games crash 1 is hard and it's not because of controls.

When the collection first came out and I complained about the controls being garbage on Facebook, I was accused of being bad at the game.  That's fucking laughable.  

I was as excited for that collection as anyone and I bought it for PS4 on day 1.  I put several hours into it and made it a ways into the game.  I gave it a fair shake, but it's just not good.  Years later, my kids got the Switch version as a gift.  I thought I would give it another try, but came to the same conclusion.  The game looks fantastic, but then again, so do the originals.  Since the graphics are a bit cartoony, they have aged extremely well on the PS1, so it just makes more sense for me to play those versions.  I'll go to the grave complaining about how much I hate the remakes.  

• Like 2

Has anyone figured out if there's any difference between the LRG versions of Contra Operation Galuga going on preorder soon and the upcoming retail release? 

It seems the retail switch version is a "code in a box", but I can't find any similar information about the other ones. I'd hate to preorder it for PS5 only to find out it ends up being a code, or lacking in some other way compared to going with the vastly more expensive LRG release. 

20 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

When the collection first came out and I complained about the controls being garbage on Facebook, I was accused of being bad at the game.  That's fucking laughable.  

I was as excited for that collection as anyone and I bought it for PS4 on day 1.  I put several hours into it and made it a ways into the game.  I gave it a fair shake, but it's just not good.  Years later, my kids got the Switch version as a gift.  I thought I would give it another try, but came to the same conclusion.  The game looks fantastic, but then again, so do the originals.  Since the graphics are a bit cartoony, they have aged extremely well on the PS1, so it just makes more sense for me to play those versions.  I'll go to the grave complaining about how much I hate the remakes.  

What did your kids think of the controls? Again, I wonder if it's that you're used to the older controls and perhaps the newer controls are something you're not accustomed too? I think I'm just going to have to try it myself... although I heard it's very hard, and I might be prone to just rage quitting 🙂

6 hours ago, avatar! said:

What did your kids think of the controls? Again, I wonder if it's that you're used to the older controls and perhaps the newer controls are something you're not accustomed too? I think I'm just going to have to try it myself... although I heard it's very hard, and I might be prone to just rage quitting 🙂

Only my youngest son played it, and he was 5 at the time.  So he doesn't really have  any grasp for controls.

The first 3 Crash Bandicoot games are not hard.  

On 2/27/2024 at 10:52 PM, Sumez said:

It's up for preorder on roughly half the webshops I've checked, there's no real information anywhere outside of that

What's a wethsop?

Nevermind, I don't know why I thought you wrote wetshop. I must have been tired reading that.

Edited by Code Monkey
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Today was the first time that I've ordered something since they announced the new shipping methods.  For those wondering, when you put an order in, you have two options for shipping.  One is to ship all items together when all are ready (technically the old method).  The other option is to ship each item individually when it's ready.  Obviously the second option is more expensive, but at least you now have the option.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Strictly Limited is out of their minds

image.png.07677dfbaaf023eeb5c123485106ef06.png

I cancelled 19 pre-orders from them, I couldn't bother anymore. It's been over a year since they have shipped a game and they keep selling pre-orders. Thankfully after 2 days they responded to my request and originally asked that I keep my orders and offer me 5 euros off on my next order....... No thanks, process the refund.

22 hours ago, avatar! said:

When were the games originally scheduled to be released?

Ray'z was announced July 2022 with the planned release date "sometime in 2023"

I don't know if they gave estimates for the rest. The rest went up for sale early to mid 2023. These are small runs too. Just no urgency to print them. 

• 5 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

The 80s theme is sweet. Not sure I'd be interested in the game mostly because FPS are not my thing, although I can certainly enjoy them, as long as they're not too hard 🙂

By the way, what are people's favorite 80s-inspired video games? The two I've really played and enjoyed are --

Infernax
Saturday Morning RPG

Administrator · Posted

FC3 Blood Dragon was really fun and high energy (hah) shooting, but it wasn't very long at all and honestly while super stylish I dunno that it's worth buying a physical release, nor a ridiculous looking collector's edition. They really need to move on from it honestly, it's been over a decade.

• Sad 1