IGNORED

Limited Run Games

8 hours ago, Sumez said:

Steel Assault and Powerslave going on LRG, and people in here get more excited for that crummy NES port of Maniac Mansion 😅

If you were here i'd punch you right in the face! 😅  Whats crummy about it?  Its in every way superior to the C64 version.

Edited by guitarzombie
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Curious.... is the NES release the NES port and the PC release a PC version? Or is it the same old NES version on both? Which NES version is it? Or is it the PC version on an NES cartridge?

Someone find these answers because I don't know how to. lol

Thats a great question.  I didn't even realized they were making a PC release.  Anyway, my guess is that its the c64 version.  It looks like theres a 'nuke 'em' alarm poster included.  I know in the PC version, the security door thats on the 2nd floor was the copy protection part of the game, where you had to input a code from the manual, ala the monkey island heads.  This was removed for the NES version, but the keypad can still be found and if used, after 3 (or 5) incorrect tries, the house blows up.  So since that little poster isnt in the NES LRG version, its probably the PC.  Most likely a 1 time thing, if its even in the game itself.  IIRC, everytime you went thru that door you needed to put in the code, which was annoying.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

Thats a great question.  I didn't even realized they were making a PC release.  Anyway, my guess is that its the c64 version.  It looks like theres a 'nuke 'em' alarm poster included.  I know in the PC version, the security door thats on the 2nd floor was the copy protection part of the game, where you had to input a code from the manual, ala the monkey island heads.  This was removed for the NES version, but the keypad can still be found and if used, after 3 (or 5) incorrect tries, the house blows up.  So since that little poster isnt in the NES LRG version, its probably the PC.  Most likely a 1 time thing, if its even in the game itself.  IIRC, everytime you went thru that door you needed to put in the code, which was annoying.

Yea that is pretty cool!

20 hours ago, Roostwick said:

I'm not seeing any physical preorders for Ghost Trick from the Direct...I hope LRG picks it up!

Someone is picking it up - Playasia lists a US release - they rarely say who but it will likely show up on google searches in the near future.

https://www.play-asia.com/ghost-trick-phantom-detective/13/70fzyl

They're really not fun.  They were even questionable fun depending on a lot of specific types of personal taste even back then.  You had to be into point and click almost style play, to a fault obtuse puzzles, having nearly no sense of direction on what items do, until you waste one, and a heap of trial and error deaths and restarts by the section if not screen depending on the action(s) involved both NES and GB sequel.

Like you they couldn't pay me to play Blob, totally was immediately in on Shantae and I"m not 100% warm on that either, but at least it's fair and engaging.  I've watched some playthroughs of both those blob games since I won't tolerate it, and it cemented why watching someone who memorized the games to do the video.

I just saw this today...I would never have expected this Summer Vacation Shin-Chan game to get released here, which is AWESOME! If there was a way to get Sony to bring over the four Boku no Natsuyasumi games in a compilation or something, I'd buy two copies just to support the endeavour and my way of saying 'THANK YOU' for making that gaming dream come true.

• Agree 1

I've heard of the Summer Vacation games, but never tried them. Is it an Animal Crossing-like affair or what are we talking about?

It also seems like this one happens to be based on some cartoon show, but I can't figure out if it's a kiddie cartoon, or if it's something intended for older audiences, just made with a kiddie-style look.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Limited Run is up to some tricks again.  I had a bunch of games on my watch list at Amazon that were supposed to be available in the store beyond  their numbered releases (albeit with different covers and not numbered) - I don't care about that - I just want the games and to save on shipping.

I went back and three of them now show as not available.  So I ordered the three that still were.  Now one of those shows as not available and the other two show no record in my orders list.  Looks like they still have a lot to learn about customer service.  Of course the pre-order window has closed on three of the four.  So unless they put them back in the store I am kinda screwed.

Edited by Tabonga
  • Angry 1

On 2/15/2023 at 11:23 AM, Sumez said:

I've heard of the Summer Vacation games, but never tried them. Is it an Animal Crossing-like affair or what are we talking about?

It also seems like this one happens to be based on some cartoon show, but I can't figure out if it's a kiddie cartoon, or if it's something intended for older audiences, just made with a kiddie-style look.

It's in the vein of South Park with profanity, toilet humour and whatnot. Altough since it's Japanese natively the cultural context is adjusted on the English dub in order for it to make better sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Announcement email from LRG.

TLDR: Promises to speed up shipping…again. 

Standardized packaging for most collectors editions

No more free trading cards with numbered releases 

Check your email for a $5 coupon code that expires at the end of April

https://limitedrungames.com/blogs/news/limited-run-shipping-initiatives-2023

• Thanks 1

Sounds good if they're gonna start taking less than a full year for shipping games. Also European hub is great news. No more bloated shipping rates.
Always sucks ordering from LRG knowing the price of the game is less than half of the cost you actually end up paying.

Edited by Sumez

Taking hits to the collector's editions is kinda weird. Those are already overpriced and really shoddy quality as it is, so I don't care personally. I'm not getting them.

Regardless, it's inconsequential - because I never order those, and most of my orders still average a wait time of 11-15 months.