IGNORED

Limited Run Games

9 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Only six months out so far with Valis II, hated having to go this route.  If they're going to speed shipping, I guess I'll get it by Christmas?

The card thing they cut out some time ago, my Valis didn't have it, don't think the one before did either.

The cards were not dropped before. You just didn’t get them and should have contacted them about it (if you care). Personally them getting rid of them doesn’t bother me. One less thing for the game is required  “to be complete”

Edit: Also remember they come loose in the package not within the game. It’s possible you threw it out. Ive come close to doing that a few times

C7E6020D-131B-4633-A2D6-5B32CBC665D0.jpeg

Edited by LeatherRebel5150
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

One less thing for the game is required  “to be complete”

The fact that they aren't included inside the sealed packaging for the game is a pretty strong argument for the fact that they are NOT required "to be complete."  I don't care enough to pick a side, but I could certainly understand the argument.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Yeah they're still doing cards.  I have a big stack here to unload since I'm not into it, if anyone's interested.

I love the cards myself, but I decided long ago that I wasn't going to put any money into them.  I keep the ones I get, but I'm not going to buy any or try to complete any type of set.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DarkTone said:

Are deliveries THAT bad?

Their deliveries are ok - handled by DHL so the tracking is squirrely.  The problem lies in their games' availability status will switch (no pun intended) to showing as being in the warehouse and they will remain there for (literally) several weeks before actually being shipped.  

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

The cards were not dropped before. You just didn’t get them and should have contacted them about it (if you care). Personally them getting rid of them doesn’t bother me. One less thing for the game is required  “to be complete”

Edit: Also remember they come loose in the package not within the game. It’s possible you threw it out. Ive come close to doing that a few times

UGH I like that image.  I got stiffed is what happened.  I don't collect them, but they're nice to have since it should have come with it.  Their quality control has gone down hill, just like their excuse of a manual Quake had too, and the ever extending production and shipping times.  I'd say I was annoyed, but this is just par for the course at this rate.  Damnit I like Valis and the art too from it.

Funny thing since status came up.  According to them, the item I was supposed to get and supposed to have arrived says on their site it is an incomplete order.  Not sure what the deal is with that either.

10 hours ago, Tabonga said:

Their deliveries are ok - handled by DHL so the tracking is squirrely.  The problem lies in their games' availability status will switch (no pun intended) to showing as being in the warehouse and they will remain there for (literally) several weeks before actually being shipped.  

Delivery itself also often takes weeks if not months. I think it's gotten a little better over the last year though? The last two orders I received I think took around a month or less to ship.

11 hours ago, Sumez said:

Delivery itself also often takes weeks if not months. I think it's gotten a little better over the last year though? The last two orders I received I think took around a month or less to ship.

I have a game in transit even as we speak - it shipped on 3/10 and it is supposed to arrive 3/20.

The game arrived today (17th) so it was a pretty quick time once shipped.

Edited by Tabonga

• 2 weeks later...

Two games have been canceled by Special Reserve Games. Kardboard Kings and Relic Hunter. All orders to be refunded. This is the first Ive heard of a limited print game being canceled post orders opening. Could this be a symptom of wanting interest in limited print games that spreads to other companies?

32 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Two games have been canceled by Special Reserve Games. Kardboard Kings and Relic Hunter. All orders to be refunded. This is the first Ive heard of a limited print game being canceled post orders opening. 

Did we forget about Dispatch games already lol? 

32 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Could this be a sign of waning interest in limited print games that spreads to other companies?

Absolutely. A lot of these games only sold out because people were speculating on them. Now that these are no longer "investments," or I should say, easy flips, people aren't rushing to buy them anymore. 

3 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Two games have been canceled by Special Reserve Games. Kardboard Kings and Relic Hunter. All orders to be refunded. This is the first Ive heard of a limited print game being canceled post orders opening. Could this be a symptom of wanting interest in limited print games that spreads to other companies?

I watched a documentary on Limited Run Games and they constantly had people cancel orders on day 2 because it didn't sell out immediately. If it doesn't sell out, then the investors don't want to waste their money on trying to resell it.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Did we forget about Dispatch games already lol? 

Absolutely. A lot of these games only sold out because people were speculating on them. Now that these are no longer "investments," or I should say, easy flips, people aren't rushing to buy them anymore. 

I definitely didn’t forget about Dispatch. But that turned into essentially a scam/disappearing into the night vs. this, which is less scam-esque and more “oh crap, stuff is starting to falter.”

Idk I just see them as different 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I watched a documentary on Limited Run Games and they constantly had people cancel orders on day 2 because it didn't sell out immediately. If it doesn't sell out, then the investors don't want to waste their money on trying to resell it.

That makes sense for the collectors edition/ fixed print games. But they’ve had open preorders on for a 5+ years now. So there is no “selling out” on the second day since they can’t actually sell out

1 hour ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

That makes sense for the collectors edition/ fixed print games. But they’ve had open preorders on for a 5+ years now. So there is no “selling out” on the second day since they can’t actually sell out

This was from before they started doing open orders. Their standard releases used to be limited.

6 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

My guess is that there's some sort of copyright issue(s) that have not been resolved. I believe SRG typically sell a few thousand copies during their pre-order periods, so I don't see why they would cancel them. Of course, I could be mistaken, but again, more than likely it's a matter of who gets what cut of the pie.

On 3/27/2023 at 6:41 PM, avatar! said:

My guess is that there's some sort of copyright issue(s) that have not been resolved. I believe SRG typically sell a few thousand copies during their pre-order periods, so I don't see why they would cancel them. Of course, I could be mistaken, but again, more than likely it's a matter of who gets what cut of the pie.

There's no licensing issue, LRG works that out well before production. The issue is that publishers have caught on with the more polished indie games. They get swept up and have their licenses bought before LRG even has a chance to make a move. It's telling that PlayAsia orders coincide with LRG runs; there's virtually no point to LRG with its open pre-orders and otherwise wanting to have the cards and labeling on the cover of a game.

This is a long time coming, any indie game worth having works out a physical release with any number of publishers anymore. Furthermore, the quality of Limited Run's games has become worse since the pandemic shut-down ended. LRG's place is slowly becoming less relevant to the hobby.

On 3/30/2023 at 8:51 AM, TheGreatBlackCat said:

There's no licensing issue, LRG works that out well before production. The issue is that publishers have caught on with the more polished indie games. They get swept up and have their licenses bought before LRG even has a chance to make a move. It's telling that PlayAsia orders coincide with LRG runs; there's virtually no point to LRG with its open pre-orders and otherwise wanting to have the cards and labeling on the cover of a game.

This is a long time coming, any indie game worth having works out a physical release with any number of publishers anymore. Furthermore, the quality of Limited Run's games has become worse since the pandemic shut-down ended. LRG's place is slowly becoming less relevant to the hobby.

We're talking about SRG, not LRG 🙂
But, I'm not saying you're wrong, nor am I saying you're right. Still, I can't help but feel this is more likely related to copyright than demand. As for "
LRG's place is slowly becoming less relevant to the hobby." that I can't agree with. If anything, I feel they're more relevant today simply by the fact that they now also publish a ton of merchandise, have their own amazon and best-buy stores, etc. Many of their games still command high second-hand prices, not all of course, but many. Ultimately, I feel they are still very relevant because they still publish many titles you simply can not get physically otherwise. Yes, Play-Asia also publish physical copies that sometimes overlap with LRG, but for the most LRG publishes far more than Play-Asia and the vast majority of titles published by LRG do not make it to Play-Asia's "exclusive" physical editions.