IGNORED

Limited Run Games

58 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

I always much preferred lefse - maybe with Peter Heering.  Or better yet rommegrot made with Peter Heering.  

432743775_download(66).jpeg.e89f130ce16d702d924febaa259f0635.jpeg

Lefse and Krumkake = yum  and yum.  Had Lutefisk once and it wasn't bad.  Would try it again.  Never had Peter Heering though.  Is it like Kirsch?

7 hours ago, PII said:

Lefse and Krumkake = yum  and yum.  Had Lutefisk once and it wasn't bad.  Would try it again.  Never had Peter Heering though.  Is it like Kirsch?

It is much thicker than kirsch - about as thick as a cough syrup.  Very smooth and tasty although you probably wouldn't want to drink much at one sitting.   (It is Danish but you can get it readily at larger liquor stores.)

And don't overlook Julekake.  Along with a nice warm cup of glogg! 

Lutefisk is pretty much blah - just the thought of how they make it is so disgusting.......

Edited by Tabonga

5 hours ago, Tabonga said:

And don't overlook Julekake.  Along with a nice warm cup of glogg! 

Lutefisk is pretty much blah - just the thought of how they make it is so disgusting.......

I forgot about Julekake (also good), but I think Kransekage is my fav of all these sweets.  They are awesome!  I was trying to think of that word yesterday to no avail...

Lutefisk is pretty bland.  After hearing all the hate and jokes it gets I just expected that the taste would be horrendous but you are right it is mostly the way its made that is so off-putting.

Never had Glogg, but I looked it up and it sounds great, similar to Glühwein but much stronger.  I think I may just have to try that one this year.  🇸🇪

8 minutes ago, PII said:

Lutefisk is pretty bland.  After hearing all the hate and jokes it gets I just expected that the taste would be horrendous but you are right it is mostly the way its made that is so off-putting.  🇸🇪

Most of the older women who made lutefisk in Minnesota had a dedicated set of cooking utensils for it since the process was really hard (in terms of being corrosive) on the cookware.

The Danes are supposed to have really good pastries - bit beyond my portion of the Scandinavian-American life experience though.

Mead is pretty good - bit of an acquired taste though,

Edited by Tabonga
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Tabonga said:

This is tempting - but I already have the Iam8bit release and while the goodies are nice they aren't quite nice enough to make me want to pop for this edition.

GrimFandango_Mockup_Market_Banner_CE_PC.png.01661c0542e21e12a15a08a60086ff1d.png

I'll order this to get the soundtrack. It's a great soundtrack, and the original soundtrack from 1998 is insanely expensive.

Hime's Quest shipping to Finland would be 40$ before value added tax (24% added to item+shipping price) from Crunchyroll and I like orange cart better, so probably skipping this on principle. LRG would be 13.XX$ shipping and similar amount for pre-paid taxes, so cheaper than Crunchyroll shipment before taxes. It does seem like a generic GB Studio project anyway but I tend to like GB(C) top down endeavors, even if they're on the lazier side. Unfortunate.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2022 at 4:46 PM, MiamiSlice said:

I’m tempted to buy it because it’s CrunchyRoll! But we know nothing about the game. It is most likely mid. 

That looks neat. It's not part of the LRG catalog as a whole, so if you miss it, you will probably be able to find it elsewhere 🙂

• 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

If anyone was on the fence about the Konami Arcade classics from LRG it looks like they extended the preorder window to January 15 up from tomorrow.

I decided to pull the trigger once I saw Thunder Cross was on the list. Besides that, at least the versions of relatively easily accessible games aren't what I was expecting, so that's a bit of a plus. Seriously though, if not for Thunder Cross, I would have passed on this collection and never given it a second thought.

That package is fantastic, honestly I want some of the fluff, but I can't pay $100 or whatever it was for fluff.  I really wish now that they have a store front and all that and supply their goodies, they'd grow up and sell some of the fluff down the line.  I really REALLY want that mini arcade cabinet and vic viper, but I see no way to do it other than paying too much for all the other crap, and as I have the package on Steam it's even dumber as double dipping.  Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...