IGNORED

Limited Run Games

6 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

Although I haven't seen Square Enix selling those PS1 games since around COVID, they certainly continued to sell new PS1 games pretty regularly up until that point.  As you mentioned, they were new print runs, not leftover new stock.  You can tell the difference since the new print runs have a unique SLUS number and the back of the disc is not black.   

Yeah I think 2019 was the last year they printed those 

On 9/18/2022 at 10:53 AM, LostLevel83 said:

Has anyone received a shipping update for Shredder’s Revenge?

I actually just came across this thread with the same reason.

Shredder's Revenge was/is the first game I've bought directly from LRG. I apparently made the mistake of buying the regular release in the same purchase as the Classic and Radical Editions which means nothing will ship until everything is ready to go. I kind of wish I came across this thread earlier - I wasn't aware how delayed their products are. Honestly, It kind of sucks buying the whole freaking set on the first day it was available online and still not being able to play the game with everyone else that is already playing it from the digital release. 

• Agree 2

On 9/23/2022 at 8:12 PM, Tanooki said:

LRG sets since the fairly earlier days a hard date and you buy or you do not, that's it (until recent with some overstocks for their own online/brick n mortar sales.)

SLG they open a preorder, put up a meter 0-100%, and what they don't explicitly tell you is that until the 100% hits they won't proceed or cancel the run, but they will take your money and let the clock tick.  If a game takes a year or never hits 100% they just keep your money unless you contact them and do a process to get a refund.  They don't ever contact you once you pay, ever, no updates, no warnings, no question if you're still interested like they hope to just pocket the money and you forget.

Who the hell told you that story? 😅

That's not how they operate, they just sell a limited number of copies like most other publishers, and the games ship when they are ready, and if all copies haven't been preordered at that point you can just order and have them shipped immediately. Their numbers are usually very generous compared to their demand. I've bought from them multiple times and they deliver a quality product, even if they are as slow as LRG

So please stop spreading baseless slander, honestly. 

Edited by Sumez
  • Like 1

They did?  I wrote them when I realized the meter was not moving and then it started to sell from other publishers in various regions.  Their words was with Cotton once the bar hits 100% then we will go ahead and go with production to fill the orders.

I'll stick with my baseless slander, since it has base.  I just wish I had the email to still prove it.

• Wow! 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They also have raised the domestic shipping too from what I've been told when it comes to bigger items as it's more noticed, and not just an adjustment for US rate increases.  It's more exploitation either due to a bad contract or skimming off the top (hah "handling fee" that's unsaid) like those Analogue clowns are doing on their new run of stuff.  More than a few are furious not just over triple bundling the pocket adapters, but also wanting like $60 shipping for them when it would have been $20 before.  They're tiny, there's no way that even 3x the adapters would be 3x the price to ship as they're light.  I chose to just not order as I only really need the NGPC one, better of pissing $60 on the LCD upgrade to the handheld and saving the $100.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tanooki said:

They also have raised the domestic shipping too from what I've been told when it comes to bigger items as it's more noticed, and not just an adjustment for US rate increases.  It's more exploitation either due to a bad contract or skimming off the top (hah "handling fee" that's unsaid) like those Analogue clowns are doing on their new run of stuff.  More than a few are furious not just over triple bundling the pocket adapters, but also wanting like $60 shipping for them when it would have been $20 before.  They're tiny, there's no way that even 3x the adapters would be 3x the price to ship as they're light.  I chose to just not order as I only really need the NGPC one, better of pissing $60 on the LCD upgrade to the handheld and saving the $100.

yeah im only buying 1-2  games a year from now on, with those rates its too much to pay the game price again for shipping every time

• Agree 1

😮  Real Vic Viper and mini arcade cab.... then $160 😞  I'd love to get that sound track like I did with Castlevania...oof.  really wish they'd just sell the sound tracks and toys at time, seems shitty not to.

And on that, got notice they decided to maybe get Avenging Spirit GB into peoples hands sometime this year still, has a cut off of the 15th for change of shipping address.

2 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

I got my copy from Castlemania in the mail today.

Well that's something, is it the same bundle with the CIB and the C being a glow in the dark cart that has the Japanese version with english applied?  If so, wish I had paid them as I'm over LRG outside of utter regional exclusives (like annoyingly Valis Collection II which I should see sometime before 2024.)

5 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Well that's something, is it the same bundle with the CIB and the C being a glow in the dark cart that has the Japanese version with english applied?  If so, wish I had paid them as I'm over LRG outside of utter regional exclusives (like annoyingly Valis Collection II which I should see sometime before 2024.)

It looks to be identical - the glow in the dark cart was the main reason I bought it since I have an original cart and booklet (I don't think I have the box - could be wrong since I don't track the gameboys that closely). I just looked it up and the invoice was $52.98 (which included shipping and taxes) - I ordered it on May 31.

@Tabonga Paid like 3-4 more, could be they were a couple off or tax/shipping difference probably.

Looking at the pictures, same package, just outfit selling the same retro-bit package.  Damn... what I get for trusting them still last June (3rd.)  I got some time on my hands so I'd be playing that now rather than on here reading and playing catch up for the last few days. 😛  Have fun.  Maybe I'll try and track the ROM down of it somewhere for fun, or wait for it to arrive and dump it myself with my GB Operator to stuff with the other copies of my carts. 😄