IGNORED

Collection Pics

doner24

On 7/7/2020 at 8:08 PM, RalliArtEvo said:

really like the use of glass shelving on your ikea bookcases. This is giving me some ideas for my own shelving.

Thanks! Yeah Ikea actually sells extra shelves for Billy bookcases in different colors and in glass for $15 each. I don't think many people are aware of that though

13 hours ago, bowser said:

Thanks! Yeah Ikea actually sells extra shelves for Billy bookcases in different colors and in glass for $15 each. I don't think many people are aware of that though

yeah, i buy extras when they are available. They've been in short supple the last couple months, at least in white. I think the glass are only $10? they really add up when you're buying so many like i do! 

On 7/5/2020 at 12:24 AM, bowser said:

Mostly done with my setup. Just have to put in my Gameboy stuff on the middle floating shelf. And have to get a TV.

uyUMLUO.jpg

Are you planning to put matching white bookshelves on the left side as well?  I love the spacing of the floating shelves with the standing bookshelves.  

58 minutes ago, RalliArtEvo said:

yeah, i buy extras when they are available. They've been in short supple the last couple months, at least in white. I think the glass are only $10? they really add up when you're buying so many like i do! 

I just bought the glass shelves last week and they were $15 each. I bought 5 but the clerk somehow managed to bill me only for one lol 😄 

53 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Are you planning to put matching white bookshelves on the left side as well?  I love the spacing of the floating shelves with the standing bookshelves.  

No there is no room for them because it blocks the door. However I'm planning to make a mirror image of this design on the opposite wall.

I could have used shorter floating shelves to have room for bookshelves on the left but I liked this look 🙂

• Like 1

Just finished making the display stands for my Gameboy games! Still figuring out the final arrangement on the shelf.

QXjtnjF.jpg

They were too expensive online at $25 per stand and the max size was a 4 x 5 I think. So I made my own. 5 x 5 for GB games, 5 x 9 for GBA games. Spent only $40 on the balsa wood.

Close up of the games in the middle:

f9tD0lX.jpg

1) Accolade version of Centipede

2) Game Boy Gallery 4 Australian exclusive

3) Lemmings 2 UK exclusive

4) Turok Rage Wars upside down label

5) Pokemon Gold Korean version compatible only with GBC unlike the regular version that works on the original Gameboy

I've already shared a close up of the 5 x 5 stand in a previous post so here is the 5 x 9 GBA stand:

rDXlBYx.jpg

Edited by bowser
  • Like 7
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, bowser said:

Just finished making the display stands for my Gameboy games!

I've already shared a close up of the 5 x 5 stand in a previous post so here is the 5 x 9 GBA stand:

rDXlBYx.jpg

Great setup!  Is it a domino effect if you pull a game out and aren't careful or do they rest in the wood after the front row to hold them in place a bit?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LutherDestroysTheGond said:

Great setup!  Is it a domino effect if you pull a game out and aren't careful or do they rest in the wood after the front row to hold them in place a bit?

It's a domino effect and I already had it happen once while setting up lol. I was planning to put in small railings on each row but I had been working on these for a while and lost patience. Will do it soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Necro bump!  I decorated the game room recently and snapped some pics.  Trying out a shoe rack holder next to the couch for controllers.  Wii U/boxed NES/DS are on shelves in our storage room until I invest in some proper shelving. 

Any shelving suggestions?  Looking for something with doors/drawers to make it look clean instead of a wall of games/cds/movies.

20201014_075641.jpg

20201014_080932.jpg

20201014_075717.jpg

20201014_100504.jpg

20201014_075736.jpg

20201014_100529.jpg

20201014_100153.jpg

20201014_100133.jpg

20201014_101241.jpg

20201014_080809.jpg

Edited by LutherDestroysTheGond
  • Like 5

I've been wanting this ever since I was a member of the old NintendoAge forum. And now boys, I finally got it. A brand new shelf.

IMG_20201017_180637432.thumb.jpg.d7a6d15c67052951887d3adb1f1553f6.jpg

IMG_20201017_184408085.thumb.jpg.4148af8b4c8cd8509985d6e895274239.jpg

IMG_20201017_184442079.thumb.jpg.f30d9d2d86fac0e10612e7cdf98c2837.jpg

IMG_20201017_184453624.thumb.jpg.c7e64d679c7cb974e6dca10d8852cf4f.jpg

IMG_20201017_184505568.thumb.jpg.8a67a7ec3b017642241d4f564184732c.jpg

I'm really happy with how it looks. It's very tall, it's got plenty of room, and it's nice and sturdy. And I like the color as well. I think it matches my room pretty well. And hey, I finally have a shelf that isn't broken, which is nice. I'm hoping this one lasts me a while, because it's super nice. Just having all of my boxed games in a row and not all pushed up against each other is so satisfying.

• Like 9

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Facebook Memories surfaced this photo I posted 8 years ago of my NES collection: 

collection_photo.thumb.jpg.c7c655d92aa1e91853ae446d6e456e02.jpg

Funny thing is, 8 years ago I was living in an apartment so I didn't have much room, and I didn't actually own an NES to play these on. Somehow I had picked up these games, I don't actually recall where or when, maybe at used game stores or at thrift stores, I seriously don't know, and I was just holding onto them with the expectation that I would eventually have a system to play them on. I know that most of those loose Game Boy games stacked to the left came from random eBay lots, the boxed games probably also came from eBay (although I think SMA:SMB3 was my wife's copy that she had brought from her parents' house) and all the DS/3DS stuff was just my current-gen collecting at the time. 

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 4

I don't really have a fancy collection like some of the amazing stuff I'm seeing in these pics. I just have an 'entertainment setup' in my bedroom.  Next to it I have the Street Fighter II arcade cabinet and the Ms. Pac-Man cabinet,.. downstairs there's an Xbox and another Switch for the kids to play with. 

Mostly I just like Nintendo but all systems combined I probably only have about 50 (physical) games. The Mario adventures and Zelda adventures are favorites. 

And the Ps4 Pro I use mostly for Assassins Creed series and the Yakuza series. (plus the exclusives like Uncharted and The Last of Us.) 

I just like games really. Always have since my first Atari 2600 as a kid. 

20210203_115244.jpg

...there's a Famicom mini and a RetroDuo console around here too... somewhere... and I've been thinking about the Retron 5 console lately, mostly for Gameboy and Sega games. 

Edited by Ultra_Kaiju
  • Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2020 at 6:08 PM, bowser said:

Just finished making the display stands for my Gameboy games! Still figuring out the final arrangement on the shelf.

QXjtnjF.jpg

They were too expensive online at $25 per stand and the max size was a 4 x 5 I think. So I made my own. 5 x 5 for GB games, 5 x 9 for GBA games. Spent only $40 on the balsa wood.

Close up of the games in the middle:

f9tD0lX.jpg

1) Accolade version of Centipede

2) Game Boy Gallery 4 Australian exclusive

3) Lemmings 2 UK exclusive

4) Turok Rage Wars upside down label

5) Pokemon Gold Korean version compatible only with GBC unlike the regular version that works on the original Gameboy

rDXlBYx.jpg

Damn... would of sold you my Popeye G&W if I had seen this pic a while back. Great setup... love the GB and GBA displays. Top notch. Very, very nice all around. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • The topic was pinned
3 hours ago, bowser said:

Sorry I'm not quite sure I understood 😅

Is it bad for them in the long run? I stacked them horizontally to make it easier to read the titles.

If they are stacked perfectly evenly it might be ok. But the bigger the stack is, the more weight on the ones on the bottom of the stack. It’s not a big deal for short times, but for long term storage you might start seeing signs of stress on the cases on the bottom of the stack

• Thanks 1