IGNORED

Collection Pics

doner24

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my black box set at the moment. So far, I got 19 out of the 30 games needed to complete the set. And two of those are even in the box, which is pretty cool. Nothing too impressive here, but I'm happy with what I got. The remaining 11 black box games are gonna be pretty tough to get. I still regret not picking up Gumshoe and Urban Champion a couple years ago when I had the chance to. But I'm hoping with enough patience, I can at least complete the set cart only.

20220923_113508.jpg.0844e332cb034118fd47003e23fe7a33.jpg

• Like 6
  • Wow! 1

Hey All,
I just discovered this site! I have enjoyed the discussions and have learned a lot more about NES collecting, so thanks! September marked 2 years of collecting for me. It started with a box my mom found in the attic with my original NES and 18 games. Here is my current collection.  I wish I had a better way to keep them and show them off. Sadly bins in the closet will have to do for now.

nes_all.jpg

nes_cib.jpg

nes_5.jpg

nes_3.jpg

• Like 11
  • Wow! 3
  • Love 1

I haven't posted a picture of my Wii collection yet, so I'll go ahead and do that! 🙂

1921687898_WiiCollection1.png.f4ec18a8356c4338594d41dd1a5cace2.png

998188527_WiiCollection2.png.2376b6d49997e54f41cff197380ab5a7.png

Nintendo, Hudson, BandaiNamco, Sega and Konami have been my primary targets, as they supported the Wii very well with really solid titles.

Even though I grew up with the earliest Nintendo systems, the Wii is my favourite. It was such a treasure trove of unique games that all reviewed poorly due to the weird standards of reviewers at the time. Games have always been something silly to pass the time, and yet reviewers insisted every game be a top of the line technical marvel. In reality most of the best Wii games are the lower budget ones that do a simple thing extremely well. Somehow Animal Crossing always gets a free pass for being an aimless time waster, but all of the infinitely better and more creative casual Wii games got dumped on.

Fortunately for me, that means shopping for high quality games is extremely cheap. The Wii is one of the most untouched markets of any game system, and a lot of the best games are completely unknown by modern players. I followed the system extremely closely while it was out, so I already know most of what's worth owning. Most people don't have that knowledge, and were too busy making fun of the system to bother keeping track of what came out.

I'm by no means done collecting for the system, but I have most of my top favourites by now. There's going to be at least one hundred games I want to buy, so I've got my work cut out for me still.

Also Funko Caterpie sits on top. It's the only Funko I've ever bought. 🙂

• Like 8
  • Love 2

On 10/6/2022 at 2:48 AM, Witty said:

Hey All,
I just discovered this site! I have enjoyed the discussions and have learned a lot more about NES collecting, so thanks! September marked 2 years of collecting for me. It started with a box my mom found in the attic with my original NES and 18 games. Here is my current collection.  I wish I had a better way to keep them and show them off. Sadly bins in the closet will have to do for now.

nes_all.jpg

nes_cib.jpg

nes_5.jpg

nes_3.jpg

This is exactly what my collection looked like for many, many years. Bin life!

23 minutes ago, Lynda Monica said:

Game Boy had a lot of cool Europeon exclusives. 🙂

Adventures of Lolo, Monster Max, Parodius, Pop'n Twinbee, Trip World, R-Type II, the original Game Boy Gallery, and Magnetic Soccer, the weirdest first party Nintendo title ever.

Had no idea there was a Parodius on gameboy, cool

• Like 1

All my (I think.. recently moved so not entirely sure if one has snuck away somewhere) boxed Game Boy systems / Game Boy system boxes (as some are loose, or otherwise not complete). Amusingly, the Hong Kong AGB and the ASIAN VERSION AGB, both came with AUS region sticker consoles - Sadly, my ASIAN VERSION is box and manuals (not all the manuals, I don't think) only. My best bet would be sacrilegious and removing a sticker from an AUS region AGB and putting it on a generic spice orange, since spice orange wouldn't actually have come out in Australia.IMG_2608.jpgIMG_2614.jpg

• Like 6
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/14/2022 at 2:51 PM, Splain said:

Every European grey-cart GB game NOT released in the US:

8eFUAtK.jpg

Nice!

Are UKV games considered part of European set? If not, are there any UKV games that are UKV exclusives?

Ive started picking up a few of these myself, just the more popular mainstream games like RType, etc. Missed a good opportunity to get Harry, it’s too expensive now. Hopefully Limited Run will pick that one up. 

Max is cool, it’s actually called Rubble Saver 2 in Japan. Rubble Saver is what we in USA know as Star Saver. I’m a huge fan of this game

Edited by phart010

• 3 weeks later...

image.thumb.png.116817b243f30ba6aeb7ee1b23a894f2.png

I wanted to visualize my 3DS backlog, so ye olde floor pic. Very top row are games I've started but haven't finished, rest I haven't started at all.

I don't have too many 3DS games on my get list now. Stuff like Persona Q, A Link Between Worlds maybe, random Japanese games with fan translations and then various mid tier games. I'd like to go for a full set of USA region JRPGs, but all the ones I have left have a poor how much I want to play it:cost ratio so that's a pipe dream considering I prioritize my other collections more.

Also unintentionally managed to get a good spread of languages/regions in this pic, with my main USA, the Canadian Style Savvy: Fashion Forward box, one of my Japanese games in Boxboy, a pair of UK games, a couple Italian boxes (though all European carts are the same in most cases) and finally some Korean games.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Have been sorting & organizing my Atari 2600 collection recently,  The shelves are organized here roughly in chronological order (1977-78, 1979-1980, 1981-82)

The bad news: theres 1 boxed, variant that I need to add to this set here.  Not sure what to do with it though because everything fits in so well as it is now....

PXL_20230114_220936529.PORTRAIT.jpg

Edited by dogbowl
  • Like 7
  • Wow! 2
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, dogbowl said:

Have been sorting & organizing my Atari 2600 collection recently,  The shelves are organized here roughly in chronological order (1977-78, 1979-1980, 1981-82)

The bad news: theres 1 boxed, variant that I need to add to this set here.  Not sure what to do with it though because everything fits in so well as it is now....

PXL_20230114_220936529.PORTRAIT.jpg

Very satisfying to look at. Wow. 

• Agree 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
23 minutes ago, Andy_Bogomil said:

Admiring some of my CIBs that are in excellent condition, especially some of my favourite games. Traded a Panic Restaurant cart for these two CIBs and $300 around 2015. Still worth it considering the condition of these in my opinion. So fresh. 

h0ZY5ha.jpeg

cjy5WAP.jpeg

JMejeRh.jpeg

227yKyk.jpeg

Oh damn.  Those are pretty as fuck.  Good deal too.  

This is my Konami Wii set.

KonamiWii.png.4ed91903c991210ec2823a4a5025693e.png

I picked Wheelie Breakers for my Yu-Gi-Oh game as I don't need to know how to play the card game to enjoy it.

I picked Hottest Party 2 for my Dance Dance Revolution game because it was the first to have Mii dancers, and it has the best outfits for them to wear. Many of the outfits in Hottest Party 2 are revealing, which surprises me that Nintendo allowed Miis to wear them. Hottest Party 2 also has the least music videos for visuals, which lets your Miis dance more than any other game in the series.

I picked Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 for my PES game, as this is the only one that lets you use the I.R pointer to control your players. It's way better to play because of that, but it wasn't used in the other Wii games.

I haven't played them all yet, but so far Pop 'n' Music is my favourite.

Edited by Samantha Garland
  • Like 4

My lone Naruto 3DS title. There were two made for this console, but the one that TOMY had made first saw the NA release be cancelled. (Possibly due to a license change.)

Naruto3DS-Error.jpg.6d751308bb64fbf353665e0c51c31cd8.jpgNartuo-Side.thumb.jpg.852b8d6278874f8dc0a0a0e03c6e19af.jpg

This was the first, and only, Naruto game that Namco Bandai Games had published on the 3DS. With them announcing a printing error (see photo #2) prior to it being released.

So while there is no telling if they printed corrected copies prior to the first shipment, I have found that sealed copies have been tricky to find. (Thus my first trip to Wata as of May 1st.)

Edited by FenrirZero