IGNORED

Collection Pics

doner24

13 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Damn, that would totally be my endgame for my basement if my wife wouldn't murder me.

I am blessed, she fully supports my hobbies. I mean she might roll her eyes when I bring home another board game with missing pieces from 1970 because it would be perfect for my display, but other than that, she is pretty great about it. 

• Like 3

On 9/27/2021 at 6:53 PM, phart010 said:

Horizontally stacked Dvd cases….. 

🔥🐖🔥REEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

On 9/29/2021 at 7:01 AM, bowser said:

Sorry I'm not quite sure I understood 😅

Is it bad for them in the long run? I stacked them horizontally to make it easier to read the titles.

I also didn't understand but I didn't say anything. They're stacked vertically, not horizontally.

7 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I also didn't understand but I didn't say anything. They're stacked vertically, not horizontally.

Depends on what you mean. The cases themselves are oriented horizontally and they are stacked on top of one another. With each game added to the stack, the stack grows vertically higher. It could be understood both ways without additional clarification 

20 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

Yes you're right. They are stacked vertically but the orientation of each game within the stack is horizontal (laid out flat). I'll have to reposition them to avoid long term stress damage.

Edited by bowser

7 hours ago, CodysGameRoom said:

I am blessed, she fully supports my hobbies. I mean she might roll her eyes when I bring home another board game with missing pieces from 1970 because it would be perfect for my display, but other than that, she is pretty great about it. 

Out of sight, out of mind is my wife's love language. Hence the doors on the Billy Bookcases in my post.

Also, the fifteen posts about vertically/horizontally/diagonally stacked DVD cases is the most exciting thing we've seen on this board since inception.

• Like 1

Just posted this in a3quit4s update thread but since this one is pinned nowwww

"I have been tryin to clean up my room a bit so here's where I'm at:

My picture setup! Foam boards ontop the crt makes for some ok shots I think.

spacer.png

To the right:

spacer.png

To the left:

spacer.png

More left:

spacer.png

Hiding boxes with posters. I love this stand for new stuff.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Lots of mess not shown, still lots of organizing to do!"

Yeah for the record it's still not even close to being clean or organized better.

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Events Team · Posted
4 minutes ago, Quaze said:

Couple of big ol’ flexy pics of the updated game room 💪

3012AED5-C917-478E-916B-7E6CC0D8DFFB.jpeg

76EF898E-E95F-4B85-8252-F545A3DBD1A2.jpeg

Oh hey, I just recently had that exact same big ol' Majora's Mask poster framed! It looks like we ended up with very similar frames too, haha.

Edited by ZeldaFreak
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Quaze said:

Couple of big ol’ flexy pics of the updated game room 💪

3012AED5-C917-478E-916B-7E6CC0D8DFFB.jpeg

76EF898E-E95F-4B85-8252-F545A3DBD1A2.jpeg

32 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Oh hey, I just recently had that exact same big ol' Majora's Mask poster framed! It looks like we ended up with very similar frames too, haha.

You guys remember when that one guy had like a stack of 50 of those for sell on NintendoAge for $50-75 a pop?  Well dang it, I tried to lowball him one for one about $20-25 under his asking price if demand dried up.  He agreed... but sold out.

I don't have many gaming regrets but THAT is one of them.  $50 was a steal.

EDIT

Ah dang... I can't even find one on eBay sold or for sale.  I have NO clue what these are worth now!

Edited by RH
  • Wow! 1

Events Team · Posted
22 minutes ago, RH said:

You guys remember when that one guy had like a stack of 50 of those for sell on NintendoAge for $50-75 a pop?  Well dang it, I tried to lowball him one for one about $20-25 under his asking price if demand dried up.  He agreed... but sold out.

EDIT

Ah dang... I can't even find one on eBay sold or for sale.  I have NO clue what these are worth now!

I actually must've missed out on that, as I don't remember that even though it's been mentioned multiple times. I got mine on eBay at some point after that had happened. I think I got mine for... I don't even remember honestly, maybe like $120 or so? I was still more than happy to pay that price though. Got a Wind Waker one as well, exact same size!

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, RH said:

EDIT

I ended up buying mine from Jonebone about 5 years back (right after that little dry-up) and I think I paid him $250 shipped to Canada. Little "ouch" at the time for missing out and paying more, but no regrets in hindsight. It's my favourite gaming-related poster ever.

• Like 4

On 11/23/2021 at 4:41 PM, RegularGuyGamer said:

Holy Switch games Batman! That's gotta be close to a full set. 

Y'know you might be surprised at how not close it is to a full set!  I was shocked to learn the US Switch set has <1000 games. I have >1200 in mine but not close to a US full set lol. I basically try to skip anything mediocre or worse (shovelware), but some titles I have multiple variants of (for example Limited Run Games that come with Best Buy-specific cover variants, I might snag both), some are collector's editions, and some are imports.

There's actually a massive list of crappy games a few hundred titles long that I haven't picked up and definitely don't plan to. Goin for quality and quantity as best I can, I guess lol.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

16418413889953019703827490780672.jpg.2e7189ed0153580812eee9e68d757dce.jpg16418413137241547385709325662600.jpg.2738706b4e9976decef36cfe07597679.jpg16418412440658467147217400405330.jpg.6df29881389b4f2d5ce8ddc422fb5aff.jpg16418412001403808878626527862240.jpg.1567ec25ffdfc059c0740e8dee084dc6.jpgSome of these game rooms look like museums. Incredible stuff!

We just bought a house and I get to establish a game room for the first time! Very humble beginnings, but we all have to start somewhere! The wii is homebrew and probably my most played system. I left a slot next to the PS2 to slide the NES mini in the near future(and I may get a chance to start participating in contests on the site). All the shelving and entertainment center are thrift store finds between $1 and $5. Gamestops have been nice to me as far as giving away their old promo items like posters and whatnot, so I'll probably be popping into there when they have some cool ads before they get tossed.(got a cool Mario maker 2 poster for my son!) The 360 is mostly there to hide wires, which will be a project in itself, but for the moment, I just wanted to get it all hooked up so I could start playing asap! It will probably get replaced by a PS4 eventually, as I only use it to play rocksmith/practice guitar. Maybe I'll get into the library at some point, but most of the games I would want to play I already own for other systems The PS3 is in my bedroom currently. Any comments/advice for setting it up and decorating it are absolutely welcome. 

Don't mind the trash/mess/paint cans and cleaning supplies. It will get there!

• Like 7
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...