IGNORED

Collection Pics

doner24

I wanted to update with a new picture of the PS1 portion of the collection since it hit a milestone this past week.  I passed the 800 mark in total PS1 games (including imports and variants), and the 700 mark in unique US titles.

9hrkrKJ.jpg

Also just for kicks is a picture of my entire Sony collection from approximately 10 years ago.  

fQfsceB.jpg

• Like 9
  • Wow! 5
  • Love 3

I moved to a new house recently and just finished setting up my game room again! It's a dedicated game/media room with no windows. I had to keep closing the blinds every evening in my previous room to keep the sunlight off of my games but no more!

I will get a projector and screen in a few months along with more seating. The TVs will go away when that happens but for now this is the current setup. Also this is where I work everyday 😄 

I noticed most people use dark shelves for their collections but I prefer the white because it makes the colors pop.

kvt27af.jpg

K6Vxxxm.jpg

ePBQBhs.jpg

Closer look at the floating shelves:

7zWDeU9.jpg

Closer look at the left hand shelves:

lWNTdZj.jpg

Closer look at the right hand shelves:

PLBPjHc.jpg

These are the highlight sections (to me):

Wii U CIB sets and homemade Gameboy cartridge shelves:

5DKz5aU.jpg

Game & Watch section (8 to go for the loose set):

Fhks9E0.jpg

Samurai section:

cNqlpYM.jpg

More close-ups of every shelf on imgur:

https://imgur.com/a/UBZWZsu

Edited by bowser
  • Like 16
  • Wow! 4
  • Love 2

• 2 weeks later...

Installed a couple more floating shelves to hold some of the PS2 / GC / Wii games that were kinda stuffed around in random spots. Also figured out that these World of Nintendo cardboard trays are pretty good to go on these glass shelves and hold lots of Switch games. 

Mb5XjfY.jpg

I'm pretty close to running out of space for games in general so I'm really going to try to downsize this year. I'm way past the point of how many games I can hope to play (or are even worth playing) and I probably have a lot of stuff I could let go of without regret so hopefully I can get things looking more tidy. 

Also pictured are a bunch of Marvel OverPower and various other trading cards that I found at my childhood home and have no idea what to do with... might keep them. 

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Got a bookcase on wayfair and finally got some stuff out.  Still a work in progress but this definitely freed up a lot of space.  I will probably look for a narrower one soon to get more stuff out to enjoy.  Then I gotta figure out how to show off my sealed Blizzard Series 1 action figures.

20220309_172928.jpg

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Figured I'd share a few collection pics. I post regularly to Instagram and the images are much higher quality if you like seeing this type of content.

1.thumb.jpg.9a9dcd0ad3e55ee94ded54c024fd8c27.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.0d0febaca8018e63a3ea721d98cabe13.jpg3.thumb.jpg.97d4331081562450fd578ebe55fdbba9.jpg

Fuck man that is awesome. What are the shelves? I keep buying the Prepac ones when I need to grow out but I’m at the point where my entire wall might as well just be shelves. 

19 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

Complete  genny/32x, snes and n64 is legit

Thanks. I'm getting there. It's a long road ahead. I've got everything on SNES besides that stupid combo cart thing. N64 is fully complete with variants. Genesis I need around 50 or so more and they are pricy so it's taking time. 

6 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

Fuck man that is awesome. What are the shelves? I keep buying the Prepac ones when I need to grow out but I’m at the point where my entire wall might as well just be shelves. 

Thanks. That is exactly what I did, I just made the wall a shelf. I used John Sterling single track mounts attached to the studs, 6 inch brackets, and lumber for the shelves. I him and haw over painting the lumber, but lately im thinking no. Could change my mind though. 

https://www.menards.com/main/storage-organization/shelves-shelving-units/shelf-brackets-accessories/john-sterling-trade-single-track-standard/0095-24wt/p-1444436962344.htm

https://www.menards.com/main/storage-organization/shelves-shelving-units/shelf-brackets-accessories/john-sterling-trade-single-track-shelf-bracket/0096-6wt/p-1444436959071.htm

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2022 at 1:18 PM, CodysGameRoom said:

Thanks. I'm getting there. It's a long road ahead. I've got everything on SNES besides that stupid combo cart thing. N64 is fully complete with variants. Genesis I need around 50 or so more and they are pricy so it's taking time. 

Thanks. That is exactly what I did, I just made the wall a shelf. I used John Sterling single track mounts attached to the studs, 6 inch brackets, and lumber for the shelves. I him and haw over painting the lumber, but lately im thinking no. Could change my mind though. 

https://www.menards.com/main/storage-organization/shelves-shelving-units/shelf-brackets-accessories/john-sterling-trade-single-track-standard/0095-24wt/p-1444436962344.htm

https://www.menards.com/main/storage-organization/shelves-shelving-units/shelf-brackets-accessories/john-sterling-trade-single-track-shelf-bracket/0096-6wt/p-1444436959071.htm

I meant to ask before, was there a reason you went with 24” sections of the bracket instead of doing a larger one in one shot say like 1 72” bracket vs ~3 24”? Was it just easier to manage because you were doing it on your own or maybe easier to level out in smaller sections?

1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

I meant to ask before, was there a reason you went with 24” sections of the bracket instead of doing a larger one in one shot say like 1 72” bracket vs ~3 24”? Was it just easier to manage because you were doing it on your own or maybe easier to level out in smaller sections?

The lumber I used for shelving will bow without enough support brackets, so to avoid that I just added a few more. It raised the cost of the project, but it looks a lot nicer. I have a few other spots later where I skimped on that, and you can tell, because the shelves are starting to bow a little. I will have to re-do those spots eventually most likely. 

3 hours ago, CodysGameRoom said:

The lumber I used for shelving will bow without enough support brackets, so to avoid that I just added a few more. It raised the cost of the project, but it looks a lot nicer. I have a few other spots later where I skimped on that, and you can tell, because the shelves are starting to bow a little. I will have to re-do those spots eventually most likely. 

Any chance of taking a picture of what you mean? The 24” track should run vertically up the studs so I’m confused what you mean about adding more. I’m just talking about the 24” single track you ran vertically up the wall instead of using something longer because it looks like the shelves are about 6ft tall

Edited by a3quit4s

5 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Any chance of taking a picture of what you mean? The 24” track should run vertically up the studs so I’m confused what you mean about adding more. I’m just talking about the 24” single track you ran vertically up the wall instead of using something longer because it looks like the shelves are about 6ft tall

Ah, my bad. I got confused and thought you meant 24 inch spacing between tracks. So, I didn't actually use the 24 inch track. I may have linked the wrong kind of tracking but I'd recommend measuring and using what works best. I can't remember the exact measurements, but the brackets do go from the ceiling to the baseboards. Anyway, the 72 inch track wasn't tall enough for me, I wanted floor to ceiling. So I used I the 36 inch track on top and the 48 inch track on bottom. That got me to 84 inches instead of 72, and also there's a slight gap in the middle, which gave me even a little extra. 

I hope that made sense. So to simplify, what seems like one big vertical track on the stud, is actually two with a slight gap in between. Here's a better photo to show from floor to ceiling.

1.thumb.jpg.cebbe4e9f32d3432a008c42b3028e79a.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Ah, my bad. I got confused and thought you meant 24 inch spacing between tracks. So, I didn't actually use the 24 inch track. I may have linked the wrong kind of tracking but I'd recommend measuring and using what works best. I can't remember the exact measurements, but the brackets do go from the ceiling to the baseboards. Anyway, the 72 inch track wasn't tall enough for me, I wanted floor to ceiling. So I used I the 36 inch track on top and the 48 inch track on bottom. That got me to 84 inches instead of 72, and also there's a slight gap in the middle, which gave me even a little extra. 

I hope that made sense. So to simplify, what seems like one big vertical track on the stud, is actually two with a slight gap in between. Here's a better photo to show from floor to ceiling.

1.thumb.jpg.cebbe4e9f32d3432a008c42b3028e79a.jpg

Yes ok that makes a ton more sense. Thank you kindly. For your other issue about the sagging I mean studs are what 16” apart? Did you get lazy and skips studs where it’s now sagging? Last question, what size screws did you use to anchor the tracks the the studs. I’m seriously done after that lol

Edited by a3quit4s

53 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Yes ok that makes a ton more sense. Thank you kindly. For your other issue about the sagging I mean studs are what 16” apart? Did you get lazy and skips studs where it’s now sagging? Last question, what size screws did you use to anchor the tracks the the studs. I’m seriously done after that lol

All great questions. The answer to the sagging is yes, for areas where i have lighter stuff on the shelf, i skipped, and it turns out, the weight of the stuff on the shef didn't matter that much. So I will go back and add brackets to every stud... just haven't done it yet.

For the screws, I used the following, which may have been overkill, but I didn't want to take chances, considering the weight of literally hundreds of games on the shelves.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/SPAX-8-x-2-1-2-in-Philips-Square-Drive-Flat-Head-Full-Thread-Zinc-Coated-Multi-Material-Screw-20-per-Box-4101010400601/202041006

Happy to answer any other questions that you have! I will say for the places where I lined it up right and used every stud, it looks VERY slick.

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

All great questions. The answer to the sagging is yes, for areas where i have lighter stuff on the shelf, i skipped, and it turns out, the weight of the stuff on the shef didn't matter that much. So I will go back and add brackets to every stud... just haven't done it yet.

For the screws, I used the following, which may have been overkill, but I didn't want to take chances, considering the weight of literally hundreds of games on the shelves.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/SPAX-8-x-2-1-2-in-Philips-Square-Drive-Flat-Head-Full-Thread-Zinc-Coated-Multi-Material-Screw-20-per-Box-4101010400601/202041006

Happy to answer any other questions that you have! I will say for the places where I lined it up right and used every stud, it looks VERY slick.

I love you and we are now best friends forever. 

• Love 1