IGNORED

Collection Pics

doner24

On 1/8/2020 at 7:57 AM, Andy_Bogomil said:

Snagged a free CRT the other day from a neighbour who posted it on the community page. An upgrade from 27" to 36" of the exact same model JVC TV I owned which was kinda random (JVC I'Art). Great picture and sound and it handles light gun games very well for a flat screen with only minor geometry skew. Awesome for multiplayer and no lag which is the most important thing for me. Only issue was getting it in the house... just shy of 200lbs! Figured I'd throw in a bit of the collection into the pic too 😛  

7GMKF8x.jpg

That game shelf looks awfully loaded with content. Great stuff there! Is that TV stand built into the tv?

• Thanks 1

On 1/8/2020 at 7:57 AM, Andy_Bogomil said:

Snagged a free CRT the other day from a neighbour who posted it on the community page. An upgrade from 27" to 36" of the exact same model JVC TV I owned which was kinda random (JVC I'Art). Great picture and sound and it handles light gun games very well for a flat screen with only minor geometry skew. Awesome for multiplayer and no lag which is the most important thing for me. Only issue was getting it in the house... just shy of 200lbs! Figured I'd throw in a bit of the collection into the pic too 😛  

7GMKF8x.jpg

Clyde the Glide!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

That game shelf looks awfully loaded with content. Great stuff there! Is that TV stand built into the tv?

Oh, it's loaded. Another row of CIBs behind the front display. More or less all my NES and SNES stuff with Mario games in the middle. Still easy access to everything though. 

The TV rests in place on the stand so that was great for transport but the TV was still really heavy and awkward. It's a pretty awesome TV setup though and I've really enjoyed gaming on it the last week. A nice big display for games like rockband too. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mostly done with my setup. Just have to put in my Gameboy stuff on the middle floating shelf. And have to get a TV.

uyUMLUO.jpg

I setup this slot car track on a table to the side:

YlPzxTY.jpg

I also made this custom cartridge display holder for my Virtual Boy games out of balsa wood yesterday.

YAJINgi.jpg

uIqXwo2.jpg

My first time working with wood and making something useful so it turned out way better than I expected. This is a 4 x 1 holder and I'm planning to make a 5 x 5 holder for GB games and 8 x 5 for GBA games. Will update soon with pics.

Edited by bowser
  • Like 2
  • Wow! 1

Ok the 5 x 5 GB carts display tower is done!

y1yXR3C.jpg

Put in some carts temporarily just to get a feel for how it will look. I will put in the good stuff later.

kVRWQTl.jpg

Now I'm making a 9 x 5 tower for GBA carts. 9 rows with 5 carts per row. Will post pics when it's done.

• Like 4
  • Love 1