IGNORED

Collection Pics

doner24

On 6/24/2023 at 5:54 PM, inasuma said:

Just moved some games around and condensed down by one whole bookshelf. Eventually they’ll all move into another room but since that can’t happen for a while, this alternative setup will do lol

IMG_3138.jpeg

Slabbed Switch Lite? You are truly a man of culture lol that is easily my favorite Switch LE that's been released. That color of grey on black should've been a standard color. It's so tough.

• Agree 1

On 6/24/2023 at 9:54 PM, inasuma said:

Just moved some games around and condensed down by one whole bookshelf. Eventually they’ll all move into another room but since that can’t happen for a while, this alternative setup will do lol

IMG_3138.jpeg

Sometimes I wish I wasn't a hoarder and just had a buncha good stuff. Oh well ❤️

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 months later...

Made these pictures for a buddy who requested them, but I might as well share it with the community as well.  This is my Super Mario Bros international variant collection.  A few years ago, I bought this collection from a fellow NintendoAger on eBay and I've continued to add to it, it's approximately 50% bigger than it was when I bought it.

This is a picture of all the front label and form factor variations, and every game that is identical aside from the back label is stacked.  Especially in Europe, the only way to tell a game is from a different country is on the back label, and those are all stacked.  France, for example, has a bunch of games with the same form factor and front label with back labels indicating they're from France (FRA), Holland (HOL), France and Holland (FAH), and Britain, Italy and Oceania (EAI).

Right now I'm only collecting SMB, not SMB/DH, SMB/DH/WCTM, or any other variation.  Once I complete this collection, I will probably start going for all the multi carts as well.  SMB/DH is the cart I played Mario on growing up, and I didn't even know there was a standalone SMB game until I started collecting, so it makes sense to go for those too eventually.

What am I still looking for?  Well...

• black Samurai - Samurai label, as in the ones at the end of the 5th row, but with black plastic instead of white.
  • South African (SAF) version - this was the Hong Kong version (end of 6th row) with an orange sticker on it that indicated South African Version.

Hit me up if you have what I need and are willing to part with it.  Otherwise, thanks for checking out my collection!

IMG_20230930_183216.jpg.51ddfd45fd648c10a07cf08c7cbcb442.jpg

20230930_184034.jpg.38cec708c518f0c5e673f911778589ee.jpg

Edited by wyansas
  • Like 9
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, wyansas said:

Made these pictures for a buddy who requested them, but I might as well share it with the community as well.  This is my Super Mario Bros international variant collection.  A few years ago, I bought this collection from a fellow NintendoAger on eBay and I've continued to add to it, it's approximately 50% bigger than it was when I bought it.

This is a picture of all the front label and form factor variations, and every game that is identical aside from the back label is stacked.  Especially in Europe, the only way to tell a game is from a different country is on the back label, and those are all stacked.  France, for example, has a bunch of games with the same form factor and front label with back labels indicating they're from France (FRA), Holland (HOL), France and Holland (FAH), and Britain, Italy and Oceania (EAI).

Right now I'm only collecting SMB, not SMB/DH, SMB/DH/WCTM, or any other variation.  Once I complete this collection, I will probably start going for all the multi carts as well.  SMB/DH is the cart I played Mario on growing up, and I didn't even know there was a standalone SMB game until I started collecting, so it makes sense to go for those too eventually.

What am I still looking for?  Well...

• Playtronic version - this had the latest version USA front label and the white Playtronic back label.  I have what I need to fake it, but you know, I want the real thing.
  • black Samurai - Samurai label, as in the ones at the end of the 5th row, but with black plastic instead of white.
  • South African (SAF) version - this was the Hong Kong version (end of 6th row) with an orange sticker on it that indicated South African Version.

Hit me up if you have what I need and are willing to part with it.  Otherwise, thanks for checking out my collection!

IMG_20230930_183216.jpg.51ddfd45fd648c10a07cf08c7cbcb442.jpg

20230930_184034.jpg.38cec708c518f0c5e673f911778589ee.jpg

This is kick ass! 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Graphics Team · Posted

Just wanted to share the state of my "game corner" since I've been working really hard on it all year and I'm pretty proud of how it has turned out. 

I still have some tinkering to do, and I want to make an in-depth "tour" someday, but here's the T-Pac Arcade Corner as of November 2023...

[T-Pac]

image.png.973577fb5402bfd296d3656a9a1e8fd7.png

image.png.d437a15d6219b620861ac4d7c4420d91.png

image.png.4b4f35545e5d73799b6e9fb0bd380e1c.png

image.png.04ce0c243ddf3cf6cc6f1845730c7fa0.png

image.png.91e2971bdc6dca7e93f7e7f15911b186.png

• Like 8
  • Wow! 5

Graphics Team · Posted
46 minutes ago, PII said:

Very Pristine.

What is all in the Console on the Left?  Looks like: Famicom/SNES/Turbo Graphix/Gameboy ??

Thanks! It's called the "Retro Freak" from Cybergadget. 

It plays carts for FC, SNES/SFC, Genesis/MD, GB/GBC/GBA, and TG-16/PCE. It supports NES, too, but I still need to get a pin converter for that.

It's software emulation like the Retron 5, so a lot of purists wouldn't like it, but I love it because that allows for stuff like save-states, controller configuration, and dumping games to an internal microSD. There are some drawbacks with the UI, but it's the best, most compact solution for me when I want to plug in a cartridge and use authentic controllers (it has a controller adapter for original pads).

[T-Pac]

• Like 4

Graphics Team · Posted
13 hours ago, drxandy said:

Tell me more bout those lovely labels!! did you print em/edit em yourself or what was the process? Heckin sweet.

It was a long process haha. I took a photo of the label for every game in my collection, then isolated the logos in Photoshop (sometimes I even had to recreate them if the cart-label was damaged), print them out on sticker-paper, and hand cut the stickers for the VHS cases.

It took an incredibly long time, but I'm stoked on how it turned out. A unique label for each game while still fitting into the minimal look of the whole setup.

This approach also let me sort my entire collection alphabetically rather than grouping the games system-by-system (since the cases are consistent across the board). A lot of collectors might cringe at the idea, but I love it.

[T-Pac]

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, T-Pac said:

It was a long process haha. I took a photo of the label for every game in my collection, then isolated the logos in Photoshop (sometimes I even had to recreate them if the cart-label was damaged), print them out on sticker-paper, and hand cut the stickers for the VHS cases.

It took an incredibly long time, but I'm stoked on how it turned out. A unique label for each game while still fitting into the minimal look of the whole setup.

This approach also let me sort my entire collection alphabetically rather than grouping the games system-by-system (since the cases are consistent across the board). A lot of collectors might cringe at the idea, but I love it.

[T-Pac]

Some how I had a feeling you diecut them yourself! The results are worth it!! I kept looking to see if they were white labels that extended the length or printed on a clear label but l couldn't tell for sure. Amazing work, the fact that you sourced the art from the carts is another level on its own haha.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
On 11/12/2023 at 12:04 PM, T-Pac said:

Just wanted to share the state of my "game corner" since I've been working really hard on it all year and I'm pretty proud of how it has turned out. 

I still have some tinkering to do, and I want to make an in-depth "tour" someday, but here's the T-Pac Arcade Corner as of November 2023...

[T-Pac]

Hey, I think I see that carbon fiber NES Advantage I gave you awhile back! Nice to see it on display like that 🙂

• Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted
On 11/17/2023 at 8:49 AM, drxandy said:

Some how I had a feeling you diecut them yourself! The results are worth it!! I kept looking to see if they were white labels that extended the length or printed on a clear label but l couldn't tell for sure. Amazing work, the fact that you sourced the art from the carts is another level on its own haha.

Haha well I'm not crazy enough to have diecut them exactly - I just cut the rectangles to fit the edge of the case. Not that you can really tell with the white-on-white unless you get pretty close.

[T-Pac]

On 11/17/2023 at 9:18 AM, ZeldaFreak said:

Hey, I think I see that carbon fiber NES Advantage I gave you awhile back! Nice to see it on display like that 🙂

Heck yeah, dude! Still one of the coolest controllers ever - how could I NOT have it on display!?

[T-Pac]

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/18/2023 at 2:23 PM, T-Pac said:

Haha well I'm not crazy enough to have diecut them exactly - I just cut the rectangles to fit the edge of the case. Not that you can really tell with the white-on-white unless you get pretty close.

[T-Pac]

Heck yeah, dude! Still one of the coolest controllers ever - how could I NOT have it on display!?

[T-Pac]

Neat! Like... literally.

Whild.... so each of those cases has games from different systems in it corresponding with the controllers on top?

Then... you have those two systems running to the arcade machine as well?

And that arcade machine... you built?

WHILD. 👏

... also that NES Advantage does look cool. Carbon fiber? 😳 Never even heard of it.... custom deal? Neat either way! I effing LOVE my NES Advantage. I use it for most/all shooters. SO happy I found a couple for the SNES as well. Third party, though. I think you've got the same one there... I think it's called the "Turbo Fighter Stick" or something...? Carbon/grey as well. Haha.... Still works great.

Also, this is not the room to be eating ketchup chips and drinking fruit punch in. 😱☠️

Just out of pure curiosity as well... and of course you don't have to bother answering.... this is your "Arcade"....? But do you have a "Console Corner" or you just love the Arcade gaming?

Haha, no shade either way... just curious because this is clearly branded as the "Arcade" 🤗😅

I guess you did state this is the "game corner". Haha... so radical, though. You love the arcade style, so you made all the consoles INTO an arcade style.

If I'm understanding correctly. 🙃

Edited by AirVillain

Graphics Team · Posted
1 hour ago, AirVillain said:

Neat! Like... literally.

Whild.... so each of those cases has games from different systems in it corresponding with the controllers on top?

Then... you have those two systems running to the arcade machine as well?

And that arcade machine... you built?

WHILD. 👏

... also that NES Advantage does look cool. Carbon fiber? 😳 Never even heard of it.... custom deal? Neat either way! I effing LOVE my NES Advantage. I use it for most/all shooters. SO happy I found a couple for the SNES as well. Third party, though. I think you've got the same one there... I think it's called the "Turbo Fighter Stick" or something...? Carbon/grey as well. Haha.... Still works great.

Also, this is not the room to be eating ketchup chips and drinking fruit punch in. 😱☠️

Just out of pure curiosity as well... and of course you don't have to bother answering.... this is your "Arcade"....? But do you have a "Console Corner" or you just love the Arcade gaming?

Haha, no shade either way... just curious because this is clearly branded as the "Arcade" 🤗😅

I guess you did state this is the "game corner". Haha... so radical, though. You love the arcade style, so you made all the consoles INTO an arcade style.

If I'm understanding correctly. 🙃

Yeah, not truly "arcade" as in coin-ops. My collection is all console games (which are sorted alphabetically, by the way - no correlation to the controllers above).

The arcade cabinet is actually just a shell (I ordered a kit to build it) housing a TV and a mini computer (which the control panel plugs into via USB). That way, I can rip all of my cartridges to the computer with ROM dumpers and play them on RetroArch. All the perks of emulation, but without sacrificing the "arcade" feel that I love so much.

And for the games that I can't dump for whatever reason (Konami VRC games like Gradius II, for example), I can play them on the consoles to the side (which are plugged into the TV housed in the cabinet). I can even plug the arcade control panel into my Retro Freak console by running it's USB cable out through that round hole in the front of the cabinet. But the consoles are mostly there for playing Atari paddle games and my TurboGrafx-16 mini (which is hiding behind the control pads under the Retro Freak). I also like putting whatever game I'm currently playing into the console slots even if I'm running it in RetroArch. Just for show.

It might all sound a bit convoluted, but it's nearly the ideal setup for how I like to play and display my games haha.

[T-Pac]

On 11/12/2023 at 12:04 PM, T-Pac said:

[T-Pac]

That's a great setup.  I'm also really into putting all of my cart based games into cases.  I've been a member of the Cover Project since before I even joined Nintendo Age.  Unfortunately, The Cover Project isn't extremely active anymore, but if you wanted to share your collection over there, the members that still hang around would probably love it.  I love the uniformity of your cases.  I go with a different style for each console for my collection, but I still love the way yours is presented.  Very clean and organized which I always appreciate.  

• Like 1

On 12/12/2023 at 9:19 PM, D~Funk said:

Fresh DS shot! Still one of my favorite systems! Sold a few heavy hitters. Dokapon Journey & Ketsui Death Label. 

Anybody see the price of Alien Chaos 3D? Lol! 

20231212_174343.jpg

I predicted this and tried my ass off to get a sealed copy back in 2015-2016. It took about 10 tries on Amazon listings before finally getting one that was a legit seal. I unintended consequences were that I had like 8 copies CIB that I been trimming down over the years. Now I'm down to 2 CIB and one sealed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...