IGNORED

Collection Pics

doner24

3 hours ago, BortLicensePlate said:

I've been reducing my collection to just the essentials. Still a few titles I need but overall quite happy with what I have 

20191230_1929402.jpg

Smart move, I've been downsizing my collection for a year and a half. Just keep the stuff you'll play anything else is a waste. Do you have a Mario party 2 tape?  That's a good one to get.

1 minute ago, ALTQQ said:

Smart move, I've been downsizing my collection for a year and a half. Just keep the stuff you'll play anything else is a waste. Do you have a Mario party 2 tape?  That's a good one to get.

meh , if i didnt want a complete set I dont see the point in having a few games with all the options of everdrives. If I didnt collect games Id just keep the ones I had as a kid and not collect anything.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2019 at 4:05 AM, drxandy said:

AR8SFXO.jpg

Since I set all these up and took a pic for the list I made, might as well milk it over here too haha.

Just a handful of  my favorite Japan only gamecube stuff that I have so far, ok so animal crossing in the back is the only one that isn't but I needed a big box to keep the puzzle collection visible.

I just snagged 7 more Japan exclusive titles over the weekend, stoked to see em in a month.

Interesting! I have that puzzle collection game myself, I can never get enough Dr. Mario in my life, lol! How many Japan exclusive games are there, out of curiosity?

Oh, and this might be nitpicking but I assume you know that Doshin the Giant was also released in PAL territories? I don't wanna bust you balls too much, but this is THE INTERNET so I cannot possibly let you get away with this small technical inaccuracy! 😛

7 hours ago, OptOut said:

Interesting! I have that puzzle collection game myself, I can never get enough Dr. Mario in my life, lol! How many Japan exclusive games are there, out of curiosity?

Oh, and this might be nitpicking but I assume you know that Doshin the Giant was also released in PAL territories? I don't wanna bust you balls too much, but this is THE INTERNET so I cannot possibly let you get away with this small technical inaccuracy! 😛

Oh yes, I wish doshin would have had a us release. I know I could get a pal copy but it's way more expensive than its Japanese counterpart. I have always had a soft spot for doshin from reading Nintendo power, so although not fully jpn exclusive we didn't get it here in the states so I included it.

As for releases, there are a few factors. A handful of games we didn't get in the us on the cube weren't platform exclusive, a few games that came out here had significant differences or changes (donkey konga games have different songs, stuff like that) so I don't have a real number for you but I do have a list!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Quest4Nes said:

meh , if i didnt want a complete set I dont see the point in having a few games with all the options of everdrives. If I didnt collect games Id just keep the ones I had as a kid and not collect anything.

Hardly anyone goes for a full set these days so it's nothing out of the normal to have a handful of tapes that you'll play. If you really sit and analyze it it doesn't really make sense to have a bunch of stuff lying around that you dont use. You dont keep all your old news papers and food wrappers and old cell phones and the like.

Administrator · Posted
Just now, ALTQQ said:

Hardly anyone goes for a full set these days so it's nothing out of the normal to have a handful of tapes that you'll play. If you really sit and analyze it it doesn't really make sense to have a bunch of stuff lying around that you dont use. You dont keep all your old news papers and food wrappers and old cell phones and the like.

*Glares at bag full of old cell phones in corner of the room*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Administrator · Posted
6 minutes ago, ALTQQ said:

Yeah - it seems pretty normal to me for people to want to collect games but not necessarily fullsets.  I have never wanted a fullset for any system, as I just want the games....well, that I want.  I like having the physical game collection, but I don't want a bunch of crappy games I'll never touch.  

I think it's fine if other people want fullsets, and that's great for them - but I don't think it's surprising that people want to collect partial sets.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Quest4Nes said:

Some people have attachment to the format itself, but don't want all games. They want Mario but not Fisher Price Firehouse Rescue. The individual cartridges are fun. Everdrives are practical, but you can have a flashcart and collect a few games if you find you like them without having to break the bank for Stadium Events (which you would need for your complete set anyway.)

Edited by Tulpa

2 minutes ago, spacepup said:

Yeah - it seems pretty normal to me for people to want to collect games but not necessarily fullsets.  I have never wanted a fullset for any system, as I just want the games....well, that I want.  I like having the physical game collection, but I don't want a bunch of crappy games I'll never touch.  

I think it's fine if other people want fullsets, and that's great for them - but I don't think it's surprising that people want to collect partial sets.

Well said. I'm going for a NES full set because it's so full of history and I love the aesthetics of that era. I love the boxart and the silly stories in the manuals and the way the music is just so damn good. I love Nintendo's obsession with revisions and refinements of every part of the package. And I love the history of the rejuvenation of home gaming.

But I agree! It's crazy to go for a full set, especially if you're not even gonna play most of them! I just happen to be crazy. 😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

Some people have attachment to the format itself, but don't want all games. They want Mario but not Fisher Price Firehouse Rescue. The individual cartridges are fun. Everdrives are practical, but you can have a flashcart and collect a few games if you find you like them without having to break the bank for Stadium Events (which you would need for your complete set anyway.)

Speaking of which, I desperately need a CIB copy of Fisher Price Firehouse Rescue... 

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Well said. I'm going for a NES full set because it's so full of history and I love the aesthetics of that era. I love the boxart and the silly stories in the manuals and the way the music is just so damn good. I love Nintendo's obsession with revisions and refinements of every part of the package. And I love the history of the rejuvenation of home gaming.

But I agree! It's crazy to go for a full set, especially if you're not even gonna play most of them! I just happen to be crazy. 😎

Hey, whatever makes ya happy! I’m definitely not a “shaming” type for other collectors - if you wanna collect em all that’s great! 

Plus, to be fair, I do have at least a fair number of “bad games.”  I am collecting (most all) Atlus games so it is a sort of “set,” and there are some bad ones.  Same goes for the playstation demos I collect.

At the end of the day, the best collection Imo is the one you enjoy the most - whatever that is.  I love seeing other people’s collections here, especially ones that are wildly different from my own.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/1/2020 at 7:09 AM, spacepup said:

Hey, whatever makes ya happy! I’m definitely not a “shaming” type for other collectors - if you wanna collect em all that’s great! 

Plus, to be fair, I do have at least a fair number of “bad games.”  I am collecting (most all) Atlus games so it is a sort of “set,” and there are some bad ones.  Same goes for the playstation demos I collect.

At the end of the day, the best collection Imo is the one you enjoy the most - whatever that is.  I love seeing other people’s collections here, especially ones that are wildly different from my own.

To me, the best collection is the one that is unique and has a defined criteria. It’s all about the genuine passion of the collector by the end of the day, not so much the numbers or the percentage of fullness in their sets.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Trifecta said:

Thanks. Do the SNES boxed games hang off at all on the shelves?

This pic is old, August 2018 but shows how boxes sit on Oskars.  I've used the Oskar 1080s for over a decade too.  The middle shelf is fixed and "full size" but the other shelves are slightly recessed and games overhang by a tiny amount.  They are still secure, you don't need to worry about them falling over at all.

43626949764_1fc7aec5c2_b.jpg

• Like 7

Snagged a free CRT the other day from a neighbour who posted it on the community page. An upgrade from 27" to 36" of the exact same model JVC TV I owned which was kinda random (JVC I'Art). Great picture and sound and it handles light gun games very well for a flat screen with only minor geometry skew. Awesome for multiplayer and no lag which is the most important thing for me. Only issue was getting it in the house... just shy of 200lbs! Figured I'd throw in a bit of the collection into the pic too 😛  

7GMKF8x.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I was subscribed to the Indiebox service for almost its entire run, even though I don't really collect or play PC games. The boxes and contents are super nice, but I never had any intention of opening them and they always went straight into storage. I'm now to the point where I don't want things in my collection that I don't look at or use, so they are going up for sale. It's a little bittersweet, but the plus side is that I got to take one massive picture! The only games missing are Torchlight II (just sold on eBay) and Teslagrad (never had it).

IMG_20200108_112010.thumb.jpg.29131ecef122abb270dba9c638953cd7.jpg

• Like 1