IGNORED

Post your collecting goals for 2021

My main goal is to finish my CIB Dreamcast set.  I have all heavy hitters but only 75/250 games (not planning on All Star releases or Sonic Adventure Limited Edition).  After that, move on to focusing more heavily on Turbografx, Gameboy, and Vita sets.

Second goal is to get a new console to collect for.  Thinking Neo Geo AES at the moment but might get a 3DO or CD-i.

Third goal is to keep getting games that interest me and plan to play.  The short list includes Adventures of Lolo 3, Castlevania Chronicles, EVO, Guardian Heroes, Jackie Chan Action Kung Fu, Run Saber, and Drill Dozer.

Final goals are to complete my incomplete disc based games that I'm missing 1 or 2 parts of the CIB, and to reacquire childhood games.  

Generally I just take what comes to me locally at garage sales, thrift stores, local game shops.  This year I want to finish a set and lock down the handful of games I really want to play

Edited by LutherDestroysTheGond
  • Like 5

Definitely gonna finish of my PAL and Japanese N64 sets for sure.

After that, not exactly sure what direction I'll go in. I get the feeling I'm gonna want to work on my Sealed DC set some more, hell I might even actually PLAY some Dreamcast games next year if I can get around to modding one.

Other than that, just gonna slowly pick up Xbox and 360 games to play, that's about where I'm at at the moment, nothing crazy lol!

• Like 5

Would you believe it's to not try and collect? 🙂

Reality of it is I have stuff, more than I need or can use and I weigh that not even including what I consider my OG pre-adult stuff (and some after with N64/GC through GBA) that are my picks, those that aged well, stuff I've kept all along and that journey stays.

Beyond that, I feel there's too much, and LRG didn't help this month either on that either with Switch stuff.  The only thing out of date I'm actively even bothering with now is Gameboy (any) and I'm taking in mostly 8bit stuff to play, but also taking in any of it for personal project work/fun as I like to rehab the minor to fairly well jacked up systems and return them to the wild mostly and I've got 6+ of them lined up to work on yet.  I tend to get games with them, mostly I turn them around as freebie filler with systems to get someone started but a few I keep.  And that really is about it.

Beyond that, unless I snap up an old PC game to enjoy (physical or GoG/Steam) it's just and only Switch.  LRG kind of kept their 2020 promise, burned me with some near instant backlog with Grandia, Blaster Master Zero 1&2, and also Panzer Dragoon showing up back to back to back...and I scored a new FF9 Remaster Switch physical game too.  Coupled with the cheap deals on Fenyx Rising ($30) and Civ6 ($10) I've got basically 8 mostly untouched Switch things to do with still Doom64 and GBC Shantae outstanding yet to arrive.

The plan is to play what's here, add not much if possible, and definitely outside Gameboy not actively look either to hold off temptation.  Love Gloves, having a plan is depressing, and having hope for deals is more depressing, but it won't hurt to look within the scope I set at least.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, OptOut said:

Definitely gonna finish of my PAL and Japanese N64 sets for sure.

After that, not exactly sure what direction I'll go in. I get the feeling I'm gonna want to work on my Sealed DC set some more, hell I might even actually PLAY some Dreamcast games next year if I can get around to modding one.

Other than that, just gonna slowly pick up Xbox and 360 games to play, that's about where I'm at at the moment, nothing crazy lol!

I don't remember, is your USA set finished? I remember you had grabbed a ton of those at one point. Will 2021 be the year you finish your region N64 set?

Mine is to finish my US collection of sega 32x cib. Ive been getting most of the harder ones checked off the list and easier ones ill stress less about since im able to find them without too much trouble cib

id love to have a complete set but the three foreign ones are mythical unicorns and im just pretending like most do that surgical strike doesn’t exist 

• Like 5

Moderator · Posted

Finish up the N64 CIB set. Need about 40 boxes and 6 manuals. 

Find the last SNES box I need. 

Finish the SNES million seller set. Only need 1 more CIB and need to trade out a couple manuals for the proper manual code. 

Track down the last 25 Gamepro issues I need. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, fcgamer said:

I don't remember, is your USA set finished? I remember you had grabbed a ton of those at one point. Will 2021 be the year you finish your region N64 set?

I have all the US exclusives, yes. I won't be attempting a full US set, however, it's basically redundant within the scope of my collecting goals.

I'm pretty much nearing the end of collecting for the most part. I've been getting less and less the past three years. (Though to be fair I did get a video editing PC a month ago which made up most of my free funds but wouldn't have gone to collecting regardless). One of the few goals left is to get the last Sonic games I don't have for a few systems (totaling about a dozen games in all), or maybe upgrading the last of my Platinum (PAL version of Greatest Hits) games to black label, but as I only have about a dozen and they're not on display it doesn't bother me too much. Really just playing things now. 

For the Switch I don't count physical games (and to a lesser extent eShop titles) into the collection until I've finished them- that way I get the most out of them and enjoy every title all the way through. That loosely ties into collecting, so to be able to add the remaining 8 Switch games I own but not added into my spreadsheet! 

• Like 4

I would love to get my hands on a Xtreme Green GBP CIB to round out the NA CIB color variant set since it's the last one I need.

Aside from that, I have some Saturn and NES games I'd like to knock off before I consider those aspects of my collection complete.

Overall, I really hope I can find 3DS games in the wild for a reasonable price too beef up my collection. This whole summer I was only able to add around 5 games to my collection, which was a huge let down. I'm sitting around 150 unique titles which seems like a lot but I'm missing a ton of popular titles that have sold well. 

• Like 2

Knock off more xbox games, hopefully a heavy hitter this year like outrun 2006 coast2coast but I would be more than happy with a pair of the otogi's or fatal frame games.

Focus a little more on nes/famicom, I need to find someone to re-cap my current console and because its not working properly I don't play it 😕 probably going to buy a new console instead. I've always wanted an av famicom and I've been looking hard at the famicom twin.

Other than that just go with the flow and see what comes up for a good price.

• Like 3