IGNORED

The Switch Thread

4 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

It would be a code for a game that's like 4kb or something. It's as dumb as having an entire Switch cart for a GBC game (LOOKING AT YOU WAYFORWARD). 

I don't care how little it is!  Give me my physical cart!! 😉 

The beginning of the announcement trailer is lol and cringy at the same time.

Edited by Jicsan
can't speel

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, MiamiSlice said:

Also I am more convinced than ever that eventually there will be no physical media for games or wide retail releases, the collectors will get a collector's package with "feelies" and a download code and that's it. 

That's why this is my last collecting gen.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

Here's a throwback to childhood:

https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/tracks-toybox-edition-nintendo-switch-november-whoop-group-excalibur/

I couldn't resist ordering a copy!

Oh yeah I’m definitely getting this to play with my kids (or watch them play because sometimes they don’t care to share). Is it digital only?

1 hour ago, MiamiSlice said:

Oh yeah I’m definitely getting this to play with my kids (or watch them play because sometimes they don’t care to share). Is it digital only?

It is physical also - I found two places to preorder it - Playasia and a place in the UK - I couldn't order it from the UK (they wanted a mobile phone # to do so - and I don't have one).   So I ordered it from Playasia.

16 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

It is physical also - I found two places to preorder it - Playasia and a place in the UK - I couldn't order it from the UK (they wanted a mobile phone # to do so - and I don't have one).   So I ordered it from Playasia.

Ok well heck guess I’m importing a wooden train set simulator then 

I refuse to buy Fire Emblem in such a fashion, a bunch of fluffy garbage I'd never look at more than once and then have to find some place to store it.  That said though, it's out in a month and a half as a download, can't see that costing more than a few dollars or two (10 or less) so I'd probably try it.  Then again I have the DS remake and guide book I haven't had time for yet either.

Have to admit I'm far far more psyched about the remaster/remake of Cotton!  Love that old game, had it on SFC up until about 15 years ago, NGPC too.  I'd buy that again because the old game market is disgusting now and Cotton is a high dollar target unfortunately.

For those with a Walmart around, they've been in a game clearance kick lately. I picked up Ni No Kuni for $10, but I've also seen people reporting

Sine Mora Ex $4

Owlboy $4

De Blob $4

Titan's Quest $4

Giana Sisters $4

Mutant Year Zero $4

Portal Knights $4

America Ninja Warrior $10

Super Dragon Ball Heroes $10

Disney Tsum Tsum Festival $10

Terraria $10

New Super Lucky's Tale $15

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Aguy said:

For those with a Walmart around, they've been in a game clearance kick lately. I picked up Ni No Kuni for $10, but I've also seen people reporting

Sine Mora Ex $4

Owlboy $4

De Blob $4

Titan's Quest $4

Giana Sisters $4

Mutant Year Zero $4

Portal Knights $4

Terraria $10

Was able to get Super Bomberman R for $15 too. That was one title that was always such a high price since launch and finally can get it now. I'll definitely check those others one out now. Thanks!

Wow Walmart has those deals in clearance, if you're lucky to find the right one I imagine.

I'd love it to get Terraria for my kid for Christmas, she loves it on mobile but buttons are always better.

And for me, if I could snap up that Sine Mora I never did get around to that.  I'd be hard pressed to ignore Giana Sisters, Owlboy, and definitely from what i've heard of it being great that Super Lucky's Tale.  I may have to poke around redneck central tomorrow as I'll cross by at least 2 I know of.

• Haha 1

Total change on this, Cadence of Hyrule I found out came out Friday physical on Switch for $40.

I grabbed the phone game it is based upon earlier ago, and I can't seem to make heads or tails of how to play the game somehow according to the beat.  I just keep getting plastered not long after starting up the randomly generated dungeons.  Maybe that's normal?  I'm like maybe at best finding 1-2 diamonds and an ok pile of gold.  I get it's like I guess a timing+rogue mix and I nearly destroyed a gameboy in a rage over the lack of any queues or sense that rhythm heaven game it has on GBA some years back.  I think I want to try this game, but maybe if I could just make sense of how the mechanics work, though I read you can disable that crap and play it as a rogue title too.

8 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Wow Walmart has those deals in clearance, if you're lucky to find the right one I imagine.

I'd love it to get Terraria for my kid for Christmas, she loves it on mobile but buttons are always better.

And for me, if I could snap up that Sine Mora I never did get around to that.  I'd be hard pressed to ignore Giana Sisters, Owlboy, and definitely from what i've heard of it being great that Super Lucky's Tale.  I may have to poke around redneck central tomorrow as I'll cross by at least 2 I know of.

Make sure no one licked the cases lol. Redneck central is known for this type of behavior in the wild!

They might start throwing hands in the sporting goods section while your there if your lucky enough to witness this ritual LMFAO.

Editorials Team · Posted
10 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Total change on this, Cadence of Hyrule I found out came out Friday physical on Switch for $40.

I grabbed the phone game it is based upon earlier ago, and I can't seem to make heads or tails of how to play the game somehow according to the beat.  I just keep getting plastered not long after starting up the randomly generated dungeons.  Maybe that's normal?  I'm like maybe at best finding 1-2 diamonds and an ok pile of gold.  I get it's like I guess a timing+rogue mix and I nearly destroyed a gameboy in a rage over the lack of any queues or sense that rhythm heaven game it has on GBA some years back.  I think I want to try this game, but maybe if I could just make sense of how the mechanics work, though I read you can disable that crap and play it as a rogue title too.

There is a character you unlock that ignores the beat

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Aguy said:

Sine Mora Ex $4

Owlboy $4

De Blob $4

Titan's Quest $4

Giana Sisters $4

Mutant Year Zero $4

Portal Knights $4

Terraria $10

21 hours ago, Skorp said:

Was able to get Super Bomberman R for $15 too. That was one title that was always such a high price since launch and finally can get it now. I'll definitely check those others one out now. Thanks!

I just went to check out my local store and got American Ninja (looks pretty shovelware), New Super Lucky which I had my eye on for awhile, and also Roman Rumbe in Las Vegum an Asterix/Oblix game which is also on clearence for $15.

Just a note to everyone brickseek said both Lucky and Roman Rumble were not in stock but they were, so it's worth checking in person