IGNORED

The Switch Thread

46 minutes ago, Nintegageo said:

Not that I give a shit but were I to pursue a complete set, I am not sure that I'd actually include the LRG games.*

*To each their own, no arguing, just my opinion.

They are fully official, licensed games so there is no reason why they wouldn’t be included in a full set. On top of that, many have been available at retail (Best Buy and one at GameStop). 

4 hours ago, 11strings said:

They have several games starting to get shipped next week so hopefully it will go down to 25-28 soon.

Which ones?  I'm small boat time here with the few I'm waiting on, but it's concerning my size, yours or worse that so much could be paid for and not shipped for months now.  I'm hoping something I put up for will be in that mass mail out.  Do they like put a list of shipping items out somewhere?

1 hour ago, 11strings said:

They are fully official, licensed games so there is no reason why they wouldn’t be included in a full set. On top of that, many have been available at retail (Best Buy and one at GameStop). 

Again, just my opinion.. I just am not sure I would count LRG copies as they are just a publishing slut who essentially does prints o games that weren't meant or planned to have a physical copy. I am not saying I don't own any, just that I am not decided on whether or not I would consider them. You can consider them :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 11strings said:

They are ESRB rated too. If you are going for a complete North America set, “it has an ESRB label and a USA cart” is basically the required criteria among Switch collectors.

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Which ones?  I'm small boat time here with the few I'm waiting on, but it's concerning my size, yours or worse that so much could be paid for and not shipped for months now.  I'm hoping something I put up for will be in that mass mail out.  Do they like put a list of shipping items out somewhere?

Black Bird, Vitamin Connection, Panzer Dragoon, Jedi Academy/Outcast, Shantae 7 Sirens, ys origin, Kunai and Senran Kagura Reflexions are all pretty close to going out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nintegageo said:

Again, just my opinion.. I just am not sure I would count LRG copies as they are just a publishing slut who essentially does prints o games that weren't meant or planned to have a physical copy. I am not saying I don't own any, just that I am not decided on whether or not I would consider them. You can consider them 🙂

Same. I consider these more like set-adjacent collectibles. The fact they have an ESRB rating means nothing to me. Don't @ me.

That being said, I have no desire to ever go after a full set for Switch, so I don't even need to convince myself, much less anyone else. This library is fast approaching Wii levels of shovelware.

3 hours ago, Nintegageo said:

Again, just my opinion.. I just am not sure I would count LRG copies as they are just a publishing slut who essentially does prints o games that weren't meant or planned to have a physical copy. I am not saying I don't own any, just that I am not decided on whether or not I would consider them. You can consider them 🙂

I said it a few pages back but the Switch is going to be one of those sets where no one can agree on what is a full set.

Some will consider the NA stuff a full set but the system is multi region so that is really a subset and should include exclusive games from the UK. 

Then you have LRG, in a constantly shifting world more companies will move to online only. I foresee more companies following LRG as we move to digital. So these should count but some won’t think so.

I’m just focusing on the games I want or think sound interesting so I don’t have to worry about full set restrictions.

40 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

This library is fast approaching Wii levels of shovelware.

While everyone has their criteria for what is a good game, I would say the consensus is that this isn’t true. The Switch has an amazing library, I definitely suggest digging deeper than the popular stuff. 

• Thanks 1

Editorials Team · Posted
2 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

Same. I consider these more like set-adjacent collectibles. The fact they have an ESRB rating means nothing to me. Don't @ me.

That being said, I have no desire to ever go after a full set for Switch, so I don't even need to convince myself, much less anyone else. This library is fast approaching Wii levels of shovelware.

I'd strongly disagree.  The Wii has to be at least 90% garbage.  

• Like 3

Editorials Team · Posted
6 hours ago, Nintegageo said:

I'm not the sort of who really cares about getting anal about definitions like that.  My near-complete SNES set is at 717 games.  How many games actually constitute a full set?  Don't care.  Don't care enough to argue about MACS and Noah's Arks and all that.

But as far as "not counting" LRG, well... people are free to do what they want.  But I'd feel 1000x times better about picking up stuff for the set like Golf Story and Celeste than I would Paw Patrol and Goosebumps.

• Like 6

@Reed Rothchild I actually think Celeste is a bit overrated, decent but not amazing as people clamor to its praise. G. Story is a great game!

Granted I wasn't talking about how good the games are, as LRG certainly chases down some super decent games to ride their coat tails to the bank. As a smart business does.

Oh, and I can assure you - I don't really care as well 😉

Edited by Nintegageo
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Wha what?!  FF9 finally getting the physical treatment?!

Thanks (for the notice, and squareenix.)  I'm buying that.  The only 3D FF game I ever truly truly enjoyed (and finished.)

I replayed it on Gamepass and the new quality of life features make it great to revisit.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Shmup said:

I replayed it on Gamepass and the new quality of life features make it great to revisit.

I take it the usual fast xp leveling, or just be 99 (which sucks) and other a/v tweaks.  Makes it take a lot less grind to complete so it's more likely to get finished.  I'm all over that.

5 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I take it the usual fast xp leveling, or just be 99 (which sucks) and other a/v tweaks.  Makes it take a lot less grind to complete so it's more likely to get finished.  I'm all over that.

There's quite a few and you can turn them on and off. Some will be permanent like maxing out AP on abilities which I didn’t use.

I used the following:

Speed up- I forgot how long it takes to actually get into a battle in this game, which is painful in the over world.

Auto attack- Because over world trash mobs get boring.

9999 hit- only used this for trash mobs when I didn’t have a lot of time to spare but wanted to make progress.

I had forgotten how great this game is and the story is amazing. It moved up a few ranks to equal second place now. FF6 being my favourite.

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
2 hours ago, snes_collector said:

I received my copy of Atelier Ryza from Amazon today. When I purchased it the ship date was December, so it was a surprise to see it today. Anyone looking for a copy I'd suggest keep checking their website, the reprint price is $40

Yeah I just missed it a week ago.  Eventually supply will catch up.

5 hours ago, snes_collector said:

I received my copy of Atelier Ryza from Amazon today. When I purchased it the ship date was December, so it was a surprise to see it today. Anyone looking for a copy I'd suggest keep checking their website, the reprint price is $40

Is this game even good though??

On 10/16/2020 at 8:06 PM, Shmup said:

There's quite a few and you can turn them on and off. Some will be permanent like maxing out AP on abilities which I didn’t use.

I used the following:

Speed up- I forgot how long it takes to actually get into a battle in this game, which is painful in the over world.

Auto attack- Because over world trash mobs get boring.

9999 hit- only used this for trash mobs when I didn’t have a lot of time to spare but wanted to make progress.

I had forgotten how great this game is and the story is amazing. It moved up a few ranks to equal second place now. FF6 being my favourite.

All good stuff, I'm about speed as time isn't on my side.  And I couldn't agree more on such a high placement.  FF9 to me and I've said this since it came out, is the apology game, the game that was there to make things right after the last two.  It to me was like if they decided to take all the good ideas of FF4-6 and mash them into one 3D classic 'normal' FF game yet with an uniquely new story to compliment it, and it did that very very well.

• Like 1