IGNORED

The Switch Thread

5 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Finally found a good arcade racer on Switch! It's Hotshot Racing. Developed by Sumo Digital who are also known for Outrun Coast 2 Coast and Sonic Racing. Much much better than Horizon Chase Turbo. And yeah, it's only digital, and I bought a digital release. Shame! Such shame. But it's cheaper than a physical would have been too. 

mO5j93.gif

Edited by LeatherRebel5150

I have a strange question.  When you play a game on the Switch and close it out, the game appears on the Home screen afterwards.  Is there any way to clear this out, or do you just have to play other games to push it off to the right where it eventually falls off the list?

The reason I ask is because I have a few new games I've bought for my kids, but I plan to wait until their upcoming birthdays or Christmas to give them their games.  However, I was thinking about playing them myself at night when they are asleep.  However, I don't want them to see the games on the Home screen the next day when they play their own games.  Yes, I know that's terrible. 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Did someone say Ori 1 and Ori 2 physical?

And Monster Hunter Rise

And Monster Hunter Stories 2

And Disgaea 6

All great news. Love the Disgaea series. Wish they would bring the rest of the titles over so I can have em all on Switch ha ha. 

Already pre-ordered the Ori collector's edition too. 

Editorials Team · Posted
Just now, MiamiSlice said:

Also heads up: Final Fantasy 7 / 8 combo release is coming to the West. Already showing up in European retailers. Will we get an ESRB release? We should. Make it so Squeenix!

This is why I force myself to be patient

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

I have a strange question.  When you play a game on the Switch and close it out, the game appears on the Home screen afterwards.  Is there any way to clear this out, or do you just have to play other games to push it off to the right where it eventually falls off the list?

Not really, they drop off, or you have to physically uninstall them removing game/save data to get it off the panel.

SHOCK...Aleste.  I like that, still have my Space Megaforce cart too.  I don't buy shooter collections but that one, that's tempting.

And of that partner showcase, Mass Effect?  I saw the deal earlier, they're showing off TWO Monster Hunter games, a traditional one, and then the 'stories' JRPG style game (and that one looks fun to me.)  I'm tempted to get my hands on the first one to see if it's my style on 3DS.

On 9/17/2020 at 8:15 AM, TDIRunner said:

The reason I ask is because I have a few new games I've bought for my kids, but I plan to wait until their upcoming birthdays or Christmas to give them their games.  However, I was thinking about playing them myself at night when they are asleep.  However, I don't want them to see the games on the Home screen the next day when they play their own games.  Yes, I know that's terrible. 😬

Press + when hovering over the game image to get its options. The only way to remove it is to uninstall it but you can keep your save data when doing so.

On 9/17/2020 at 2:20 PM, RegularGuyGamer said:

Why does the Ori physical edition gotta be locked into a $150 bundle?

https://www.iam8bit.com/products/ori-collectors-edition

Man, that looks so awesome. One of the top five games/series of the generation for me.

Edited by DoctorEncore

Started playing Disaster Report 4 over the weekend. Such a different game from anything I've played before. Moving around in the game is garbage, the physics are not great compared to say Half Life 2 where I feel like Valve really nailed being a virtual human, but the game is really fun to play. It has visual novel aspects and as I'm going through the story trying to be the best moral do-gooder I can see where it will be fun to go back and try being a complete jerk to everyone. Gonna start a jerk playthrough soon (before I even finish the first one). 

I also just placed an order for this Mario Kart 8 Deluxe / Super Mario Party double pack which is a Target exclusive: https://www.target.com/p/mario-kart-8-deluxe---super-mario-party-double-pack---nintendo-switch/-/A-80960673

I don't have MK8DX yet and I while I do already have Super Mario Party, this bundle comes out to $50 each game and on top of that Target gives a $10 gift card if you pre-order online, so I could sell one copy of Super Mario Party and come out about even on the overall price. 

1 hour ago, Californication said:

How is the difficulty?

Being as objective as I can, I would say it's a 6/10 on the difficulty scale. I've seen a decent number of people complain about difficulty on forums, particularly referencing the "escape" portions of the game. These areas require quick reflexes and some trial and error, but I didn't find them annoying or overly hard. The overall experience is just so beautiful and enjoyable that I would recommend pretty much any gamer at least take a shot.

Let me caveat all that by saying that I really enjoy difficult platformers such as Cuphead, Celeste, and Super Meat Boy so I have some built-in bias regarding difficulty. Still, I would not call either of the Ori games difficult.

Edited by DoctorEncore

On 9/17/2020 at 2:20 PM, RegularGuyGamer said:

Why does the Ori physical edition gotta be locked into a $150 bundle?

https://www.iam8bit.com/products/ori-collectors-edition

Apparently they are going to do a standard release later this year.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/09/ori_1_plus_2_getting_standard_physical_releases_on_switch_later_this_year

1 hour ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Amazon had a bluetooth adapter for $17 shipped after the promo code UGREEN843. A good deal if that's your bag

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B082H7NWNR/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=AKXVBT49GGF3B&psc=1

That thing is big. It looks like it would cover the cart port when it's installed.  

20 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

That thing is big. It looks like it would cover the cart port when it's installed.  

Yeah it definitely large. It's obviously meant to be used in handheld mode. I really hope that bluetooth is a feature added to the next Switch model. It just is silly seeing all the major devices lose the 3.5mm jack except for consoles / controllers. 

Something I’ve never had to give much thought to until now but how does everyone view retail releases that only contain a download code? I wouldn’t think they are necessary for full sets since there isn’t actually a physical cartridge. Does anyone view it differently and feel like the cases are necessary?

Edited by DeuceGamer

1 hour ago, DeuceGamer said:

Something I’ve never had to give much thought to until now but how does everyone view retail releases that only contain a download code? I wouldn’t think they are necessary for full sets since there isn’t actually a physical cartridge. Does anyone view it differently and feel like the cases are necessary?

You know, that's what I always thought about too. The first time this came to mind was with Death Squared (now there is a physical), but that time it was only a case with a digital code. It ended up going for hundreds of dollars though being limited and all and people considered it part of the collection. I kinda feel like if there isn't a cart included, it shouldn't count and just be some extra or separately from it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DeuceGamer said:

22 minutes ago, Skorp said:

You know, that's what I always thought about too. The first time this came to mind was with Death Squared (now there is a physical), but that time it was only a case with a digital code. It ended up going for hundreds of dollars though being limited and all and people considered it part of the collection. I kinda feel like if there isn't a cart included, it shouldn't count and just be some extra or separately from it.

At some point, the codes within the boxes probably won't even work (Nintendo Online Store changes, planned obsolescence, etc), so owning a "sealed copy" won't even be the same thing as owning a playable copy.

At that point, do we change the definition of full set to mean all officially released boxes with associated art? Or do we make a new category called a full playable set? Full playable physical set? Full cart set?

MADNESS!

This is one of the reasons I'm not at all interested in going after full sets since the 360/PS3 generation.