IGNORED

The Switch Thread

Editorials Team · Posted
17 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Also you should order it here, this is a better package than the one on Amazon. https://store.nisamerica.com/r-type-final-2/r-type-final-2-nintendo-switch

I'll always opt for the one that doesn't have $40 worth of knick knacks attached to it

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Aguy said:

I just finished FF XII Zodiac Age. This was my first time playing it and it was really good. The story was not very engaging and the main character was pretty bland, but the gameplay mechanics were really fun and unique. Plus, at just over 30 hours, it didn't outstay it's welcome. I'm tempted to start a NG+.

I had that back when it was new and ended up putting it down, something with the combat kind of just got me over it after around 10-20 hours into the game.  When combined with your character critique I think that was a pretty deciding factor as well.

I got FF10 HD remaster despite saying I'd never pay much for it due to X2 being rental vapor, but I found a new copy for $15 and 10 is worth that alone.  So far I'm liking it, haven't touched the game since the PS3 version, and I never did finish it getting up to the zanarkand area with some big aggravating golem.

6 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I had that back when it was new and ended up putting it down, something with the combat kind of just got me over it after around 10-20 hours into the game.  When combined with your character critique I think that was a pretty deciding factor as well.

I got FF10 HD remaster despite saying I'd never pay much for it due to X2 being rental vapor, but I found a new copy for $15 and 10 is worth that alone.  So far I'm liking it, haven't touched the game since the PS3 version, and I never did finish it getting up to the zanarkand area with some big aggravating golem.

I recently decided I wanted to get FFX and then found out FFX2 isn’t on the cart and went to look see if maybe an Asia release would have it and sure enough it exists but *I missed the boat and it’s only on eBay now for like $200*. Gah! I guess I’ll be buying the US version. Best Buy will have it for $20 on Black Friday.

1 hour ago, MiamiSlice said:

I recently decided I wanted to get FFX and then found out FFX2 isn’t on the cart and went to look see if maybe an Asia release would have it and sure enough it exists but *I missed the boat and it’s only on eBay now for like $200*. Gah! I guess I’ll be buying the US version. Best Buy will have it for $20 on Black Friday.

That's what clinched it.  Had it been like $30 or something reasonably near that, I'd have just walked away.  But also the little I looked into it ages ago, kind of feel like Reed sort of does about FFX2 anyway so not really a loss.

Also with FF9 physical (asia) announced I'll be all over that damn thing once it comes up for sale, not going to get screwed on that one.  By far the best pre-HD era FF Square game.

Edited by Tanooki

50 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

That's what clinched it.  Had it been like $30 or something reasonably near that, I'd have just walked away.  But also the little I looked into it ages ago, kind of feel like Reed sort of does about FFX2 anyway so not really a loss.

Also with FF9 physical (asia) announced I'll be all over that damn thing once it comes up for sale, not going to get screwed on that one.  By far the best pre-HD era FF Square game.

Yes I will be getting FF IX too. 

Although I just looked into it and the Japan release of FF X/X-2 does have both games on the cart and it has English voice/text included so even though it has Japanese cover art I might go for that version. 

On 10/30/2020 at 6:08 PM, Tanooki said:

I don't know, I guess between the gambit (ifttt) system and the 4X speed button, it just made everything very streamlined.

X on the other hand, i only played it on PS2 and I hit the wall against Anima. I think I leveled my party wrong and I was getting annihilated and just never went back.

18 hours ago, Aguy said:

I don't know, I guess between the gambit (ifttt) system and the 4X speed button, it just made everything very streamlined.

X on the other hand, i only played it on PS2 and I hit the wall against Anima. I think I leveled my party wrong and I was getting annihilated and just never went back.

I never finished FFX either, and honestly what got me was a stubborn streak refusing the pop up a gamefaq at the time crossed probably with your thoughts of somehow leveling poorly though I question how someone could dig that grave.  There was this large grass field with a cave/opening at the far end you must take and it's around the Zanarkand area.  There's a golem, totally huge boss there, and unlike anything in the game before that point, it was clearly made to sell strategy guides, because if you didn't hit it at the right time with the right character and move, it would just beat the unholy shit out of you.  The other bosses before hand you could just get it right or get it by attrition.  I got fed up being pounded repeatedly and put the game down ever since.

For the regularly scheduled update. The Switch just crossed the 700 NA Physical game mark.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18UCeKB0rLMvko4ZJjxm665hbqjpoD-7bxjX0i7OkKyU/edit?usp=sharing

EDIT: Also While double checking my info I found that Iam8bit has Gone Home listed for sale again if anyone was interested in that.

Edited by LeatherRebel5150

On 11/2/2020 at 11:03 AM, Tanooki said:

I never finished FFX either, and honestly what got me was a stubborn streak refusing the pop up a gamefaq at the time crossed probably with your thoughts of somehow leveling poorly though I question how someone could dig that grave.  There was this large grass field with a cave/opening at the far end you must take and it's around the Zanarkand area.  There's a golem, totally huge boss there, and unlike anything in the game before that point, it was clearly made to sell strategy guides, because if you didn't hit it at the right time with the right character and move, it would just beat the unholy shit out of you.  The other bosses before hand you could just get it right or get it by attrition.  I got fed up being pounded repeatedly and put the game down ever since.

I finished X and I felt the whole game was like that at times haha. I was on the edge of my seat hoping I wouldn’t get some random move that one shots you. There’s one section where your party splits and my backups were so under levelled. Spent hours grinding.

Funnily enough though, the last boss is easy but just really long.

Overall it’s a good game but definitely towards the middle to lower on the list of FF games for me. 

• Like 1

On 10/26/2020 at 10:12 AM, Tanooki said:

I checked with a worker.  I wanted to get Terraria in particular as I think I said, a couple others for myself, and they were not price fixed.  I can't say I'm not 100% surprised by this.  When I was looking a year or two back for some of those mini arcade machines they only get that run the NOAC stuff, sometimes you'd find people reporting sales on older models put into clearance wher ethey were like 10 instead of 20, same with the pocket arcade handheld of pac-man.  I used brickseek and found most locations did not do the discounts, it was random stores.  I think this is the case with this too.  I had to drive a county over to a walmart for a $5 vs $40 pac-man handheld when I did spot one kind of local last year.

Some Targets (depends on stock on hand) have Terraria for 14.98 thru Saturday.  You will have to check store inventories near you.

https://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=terraria

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tabonga said:

Some Targets (depends on stock on hand) have Terraria for 14.98 thru Saturday.  You will have to check store inventories near you.

https://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=terraria

Thanks...if I can get free for a bit tomorrow I've got a couple near-ish by I can try, the other I usually go the site says they don't carry it at that one.

And Shmup -- makes sense, it's not my favorite, but I can think of stuff that bother me worse including favorite sony orgy FF7, and the atrocious FF8, any of the MMO FFs too.  It's in the middle but lower middle of the pack.  Sometimes to me it looks more phinal phantasy star than final fantasy. 😄

4 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Thanks...if I can get free for a bit tomorrow I've got a couple near-ish by I can try, the other I usually go the site says they don't carry it at that one.

You are indeed welcome - the inventory checker said the Target nearest me had some - when I got there there were none on the floor but the clerk went in the stockroom since his inventory said they had it - he found it in a bunch of discontinued games.