IGNORED

The Switch Thread

On 9/25/2020 at 10:03 AM, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I wasn't sure about that one. I don't think Gamestop sold it and I use that as a basic litmus test if a game was really released combined with ebay listings. The only ebay listings are stock photos which really don't prove anything. So I was waiting to see an actual photo of it for sale  on ebay or just any picture to pop up of the actual game in a collection or something.

IMG_4042.jpg

Let me know if you need any other ones.

Edited by 11strings
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Heads up: Power Rangers Battle for the Grid Collector's Edition, comes with a bunch of DLC, release date Oct 13, for just $29.99, you can pre-order on BestBuy.com and get a bonus $10 e-gift card with your order. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/power-rangers-battle-for-the-grid-nintendo-switch/6425163.p?skuId=6425163

I sat out the LRG release, was tempted multiple times to pick up the Best Buy version since it was on sale (and still is for the low price of $39.99 right now), but $29.99 to get it with the DLC included? And I get $10 back? Fine! FINE!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Heads up: Power Rangers Battle for the Grid Collector's Edition, comes with a bunch of DLC, release date Oct 13, for just $29.99, you can pre-order on BestBuy.com and get a bonus $10 e-gift card with your order. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/power-rangers-battle-for-the-grid-nintendo-switch/6425163.p?skuId=6425163

I sat out the LRG release, was tempted multiple times to pick up the Best Buy version since it was on sale (and still is for the low price of $39.99 right now), but $29.99 to get it with the DLC included? And I get $10 back? Fine! FINE!

Wow that's a great deal. I have the LRG release, but this one I can actually open and play. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Skorp said:

Another Switch title I came across today that has spiked crazily and seems to have been for a while like this. Skylanders Imaginators: Starter Pack $100 - $200. I paid $10 for this when I picked it up clearance at Target a few years back.

I had a feeling it would spike. Launch title with small print run, allegedly.

9 minutes ago, Fleck586 said:

I had a feeling it would spike. Launch title with small print run, allegedly.

Yeah that's what I figured after chatting with other collectors about it on Facebook. I remember seeing so many of these at Target just sitting and not being bought, so wouldn't think it was a low print run. Of course, I just thought to get one since that's all I needed.

2 hours ago, Skorp said:

Yeah that's what I figured after chatting with other collectors about it on Facebook. I remember seeing so many of these at Target just sitting and not being bought, so wouldn't think it was a low print run. Of course, I just thought to get one since that's all I needed.

Got this for $20 two years ago. For how over produced Skylanders were in general (the games and the figures) surprised it became so expensive

I'm pleased to report I knocked off Cat Quest iI this afternoon, a truly well done solid follow up on the original and well yeah that ending, guess we know where that's going.  Hopefully it ends up on a physical piece of media on Switch too.

I wish LRG would get their act together, I feel kind of being stuck and put into limbo.  Panzer Dragoon, Grandia 1+2 HD, Blaster Master 0 1 + 2, and then there's when Doom just showed up along with Shantae but that's kind of it it's own unique realm.

1 minute ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Yeah, I wasn't sure if he was alluding to that being a digital code or something.

Ahhh I see. I just re-read his post and must have missed that line when I read it the first time.

As for LRG games that are outstanding, I don't mind waiting for some of them since I have a massive backlog to work on and tend to combine a lot of games together to save on shipping, but I'm starting to get concerned about Forgotten Anne. Ordered that one at least 8 months ago and don't think there has been any sign of it coming soon. 😕

1 hour ago, Adorabear said:

Ahhh I see. I just re-read his post and must have missed that line when I read it the first time.

As for LRG games that are outstanding, I don't mind waiting for some of them since I have a massive backlog to work on and tend to combine a lot of games together to save on shipping, but I'm starting to get concerned about Forgotten Anne. Ordered that one at least 8 months ago and don't think there has been any sign of it coming soon. 😕

It's getting bad I'm pretty sure Vitamin Connection still hasn't shipped and that was from February. Their going to get real close to having all games being a minimum of a year out if they don't get their shipping situation under control

9 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Yeah, I wasn't sure if he was alluding to that being a digital code or something.

No I have the physical pawsome pack for Cat Quest II, got it at I think Best Buy when I saw it one day.  I liked the mobile game which I had finished of the first a month earlier, but the touch controls at times caused some headache struggles.  It was worth re-playing the first one again to feel the difference and the game pad made the game far more fun.  So I cleared it out fairly quick, then came back and did the sequel and finally got around to finishing it.

My hope it ends up physical was the fact that once you get the ending to CQ2, it then throws out this nice little teaser that it's meant to be a trilogy, outright shows 'Cat Quest III' and how Aelius the human creator of sorts of these advanced cat and dog creatures has some final attempt to get away with their crap in the final chapter.  So I'm hoping THAT (CQ3) gets physical in some ways as it would suck having the end of the total arch stuck on digital.

2 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

The fact that it's possible to have 38 outstanding preorders from such a small company is a bit concerning...

1-  they have easily published, by far, the most games on the Switch. And they have more employees than some of the retail publishers I'm sure.

2 - I'll typically bundle 3-4 games at a time as the shipping for one standard Switch game is the same as four.  Caveat being that they only ship when all games are ready - there's no way to predict when/which preorders will be out first so I have about 9-10 games that have been ready for months but won't ship because a single game is holding them up.

They have several games starting to get shipped next week so hopefully it will go down to 25-28 soon.

Willing to bet there is a few people on the LRG discord waiting for a lot more games than me. lol

Edited by 11strings
  • Wow! 1

2 hours ago, 11strings said:

1-  they have easily published, by far, the most games on the Switch. And they have more employees than some of the retail publishers I'm sure.

2 - I'll typically bundle 3-4 games at a time as the shipping for one standard Switch game is the same as four.  Caveat being that they only ship when all games are ready - there's no way to predict when/which preorders will be out first so I have about 9-10 games that have been ready for months but won't ship because a single game is holding them up.

They have several games starting to get shipped next week so hopefully it will go down to 25-28 soon.

Willing to bet there is a few people on the LRG discord waiting for a lot more games than me. lol

Wow, that's crazy. I wouldn't have expected a company called "Limited Run Games" to be one of the biggest publishers for a console. My, how the tables have turned.