IGNORED

The Switch Thread

21 minutes ago, ICrappedMyPants said:

Right? It’s pretty annoying to be so challenging to find a not so rare game on a modern console. I really don’t understand the slow drip though. I’m just interested in trying out a game.

Ozgameshop have heaps of copies left. They should ship to the US I think:

https://www.ozgameshop.com/nintendo-switch-games/atelier-ryza-ever-darkness-and-the-secret-hideout-nintendo-switch-game

14 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

You can order it here at a good price - and postage is free:

https://www.shop4megastore.com/nintendo-switch-games/atelier-ryza-ever-darkness-and-the-secret-hideout-nintendo-switch-game

I have ordered from them before with no problems.

Wow so this store looks like a US version of ozgameshop (check out my link). The holding company must have multiple store fronts for different regions.

One Step From Eden is getting a physical in Japan. Publisher has done mostly Japan only in the past. Anyone know if there's any news of a physical coming in other territories? If not I will probably try to get this version. https://www.gematsu.com/2020/10/one-step-from-eden-switch-physical-edition-launches-february-25-2021-in-japan

9 minutes ago, B.A. said:

One of those store exclusive deals that usually become hard to track down later if you are after a full set. 

https://www.target.com/p/mario-kart-8-deluxe-super-mario-party-double-pack-nintendo-switch/-/A-80960673#lnk=sametab

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe + Super Mario Party Double Pack - Nintendo Switch - image 1 of 10

I have this. It's a great deal if you don't have the two games already. Literally a unique outer box with two standard games inside (although the game cases are NFR versions). And you get a $10 Target gift card with the $99.99 purchase. 

Edit: oh, it's $79.99 right now but with no gift card. Man. That's a nice deal. 

Edited by MiamiSlice

2 minutes ago, Fleck586 said:

There was another Fornite console bundle early on, too.  Wasn't there?

Double Helix Bundle: https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/switch/consoles/products/nintendo-switch-fortnite-double-helix-bundle/10167645.html

Not nearly as nice. One of the earliest variants though. 

11 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Double Helix Bundle: https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/switch/consoles/products/nintendo-switch-fortnite-double-helix-bundle/10167645.html

Not nearly as nice. One of the earliest variants though. 

Ah! Yes.  I knew I had seen those joy cons before.  So they just repackaged it with new DLC

On 11/30/2020 at 1:34 PM, B.A. said:

One of those store exclusive deals that usually become hard to track down later if you are after a full set. 

https://www.target.com/p/mario-kart-8-deluxe-super-mario-party-double-pack-nintendo-switch/-/A-80960673#lnk=sametab

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe + Super Mario Party Double Pack - Nintendo Switch - image 1 of 10

Seriously is anyone doing full set for Switch?

15 minutes ago, Mr. CIB said:

I see a few people on Twitter and on Facebook groups still plugging along. I say about 5 people or so that I’ve seen. There’s a Reddit dedicated to it as well. 

It’s going to be a real tough one with all the limited print releases. There’s also some tough 1st print variants too. Also the collectors editions, if needed for complete set, are going to make it real nasty to collect for.

If you consider the PAL exclusives, there’s some low print games. Some games don’t have any rating, so they appear that they could fit into either PAL or NTSC-USA. Some games have both a PAL and NTSC-USA release but the cart is identical for both regions, just different cover art. There’s going to be some debate about what qualifies as part of complete set.

• Like 1

Whoa hold up. 

6 minutes ago, phart010 said:

It’s going to be a real tough one with all the limited print releases. There’s also some tough 1st print variants too. Also the collectors editions, if needed for complete set, are going to make it real nasty to collect for.

I doubt many people will demand that a full set require all variants of a game - will probably be based on carts, not variants. 

It's not difficult if someone started in 2017 and has deep pockets. Everything has been available at retail for at least a little while, or you just had to be on top of the limited print pre-orders. This isn't like PS4 where if you weren't one of the 50 people that gambled on Poop Slinger then you missed out. 

9 minutes ago, phart010 said:

If you consider the PAL exclusives, there’s some low print games. 

Minimum print order for PAL games is 3k. Minimum print order for NA region is 5k. Sure 3k is "low print" but nothing has been particularly difficult to get. With sites like Shop4Megastore and Base and Rarewaves being easily accessible to North American customers, and a lot of resellers putting stuff on Amazon and eBay, I've been able to pick up pretty much any PAL exclusive I was interested in, sometimes at great prices. 

12 minutes ago, phart010 said:

Some games don’t have any rating, so they appear that they could fit into either PAL or NTSC-USA. Some games have both a PAL and NTSC-USA release but the cart is identical for both regions, just different cover art. There’s going to be some debate about what qualifies as part of complete set.

OK but consider this. The carts have region codes. North America is -USA, Japan is -JPN, Europe is -EUR and Asia is -ASI. There might be some more specific region codes but my point that the consensus will probably be based on cart region, not ratings. I say this because while Japan is consistent with CERO ratings, Southeast Asia with that system they have and North America with ESRB, Europe differs. In UK they have UKV, elsewhere they have PEGI but then there are some exceptions like if you are producing the game in Germany and only selling in Germany and/or direct to consumer then you don't have to carry a rating at all. Hence why some of the PixelHeart Euro releases have no ratings! Also I have heard of some instances of JPN carts being packaged for Southeast Asia in Asia boxes with Asia ratings... so maybe I'm undermining my own point here. 

That being said it is already popular among a subset of Switch collectors to collect only ESRB releases, so there's that. 

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Some guys were early on.  Probably imagined another Wii U pace.

I'm sure they long since threw in the towel.

After Gamer's Club ended, I kinda step back, but I am still getting whatever I can especially those with a low print. When I had GC though, I was doing so well since it helped saving a ton of money.

1 hour ago, phart010 said:

Seriously is anyone doing full set for Switch?

Also seen a few mention they're going for it on Reddit and they had quite the collection (although I can't confirm it was 100% complete or if they're still going with it).

I have a feeling that most will just go for a region set like ESRB set or PAL regions set. Personally I think that limits you because the US has missed out on some great games released in Europe & Japan.

I'm going for the whatever is a great game set and I don't care where it comes from haha. A full set would be quite the achievement though and would have to include all regions imo because there is no region lock.